Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
josh596007

Motorola Droid Razr M (Global)

@ josh;

how did you make the micro sim? I have just bought one from Parin, have no idea how to cut the sim to make microsim. :unsurehelp:

buy a micro sim cutter from ebay or local market.. now its cheap for around 100-120 Rs.

triggered from tappa-talk # 2

@vishwas- :clap1: for ur new phone ..

It can be done from any mobile sale/accessories shop for free...

1.What is the rooting process of Motorola Droid razr m?

2.Any solution regarding cdma banner issue (network name in notification panel)?

3.Call diverting with gsm?

4.wifi tethering?

5.Any issue with this phone?

Can anyone pls provide his /her detailed review after few days use?

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS :-)

Edited by avishekghosh

Will try to answer few of your queries after this weekend. However, I'll not root it.

Will try to answer few of your queries after this weekend. However, I'll not root it.

There's no harm in rooting...

I root my phone always only to use titanium backup...

1.What is the rooting process of Motorola Droid razr m? 2.Any solution regarding cdma banner issue (network name in notification panel)? 3.Call diverting with gsm? 4.wifi tethering? 5.Any issue with this phone? Can anyone pls provide his /her detailed review after few days use? Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS :-)

1. I have not rooted my phone.

2. I am only using GSM

3. Still no solution to divert calls in GSM from this handset. Verizon has blocked called forwarding outside its network. Waiting for a solution.

4. Verizon has again blocked Mobile hotspot.

5. Other than the above 2 points, I face no other issues

• Like 1

*Voice and data working simultaneously with cdma or not?

*How is the battery backup with cdma?

*Actual user available Internal memory for app install?

@avishek

With CDMA OMH -Simultaneous Data and Voice is not working..Might work if Programmed ..

Will try to address ur other queries soon ....

• Like 1

@avishek

With CDMA OMH -Simultaneous Data and Voice is not working..Might work if Programmed ..

Activate evdo on ur sim and it should work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

@avishek

Thanks n waiting for your answers soon... BTW are you using cdma 1x or evdo?

I have few more quaries...

*Is this handset MHL capable like s3?

*what is the difference between ip7 certified water n dust proof phones i.e xperia z, defy+ etc with just splash resistant phones like razr, razr max or razr m?

@nikme--I am using EVDO activated OMH..

When call is made/received 3G symbol which shows EVDO disappears as well as existing downloads gets cancelled ..

I am using programmed s3 , in which no such issue is noticed ...

@avishek-Regarding Splash resistance.

To my understanding Motos comes with a nano coating for their in boards (usually from P2i ( www.p2i.com ) which protect from normal spills ..

IP7 refers to higher level of protection( under 1mm of water for > 30mts )....

Havent tested that though ... :winko:

• Like 1

Updates from SougataDC.. I am posting on behalf of him..

*call waiting n call diverting with mts cdma working fine.

*network name in notification banner shows MTS.. So no problem here.

*simultaneous voice n data not working just like Droid Incredible 2 n us cellular sgs3(with MTS)

*internal memory for application installation is 4.5 GB

***But the worst thing is that the wifi tethering, usb tethering is not working with stock app n with 3rd party app(non rooted razr m) .

@avishek-Regarding Splash resistance.

To my understanding Motos comes with a nano coating for their in boards (usually from P2i ( www.p2i.com ) which protect from normal spills ..

IP7 refers to higher level of protection( under 1mm of water for > 30mts )....

Havent tested that though ... :winko:

@josh..

Pls post the detailed rooting method of your razr m

Have you tried wifi tethering?

Tethering is not possible. Sans rooting, I tried a lot of good rated tethering apps but all failed to tether via wifi/usb/bluetooth. It is because Verizon is doing business with it and when any one of these tethering is tried, it gets routed to subscription checking and eventually it fails. This problem seems to have been addressed by some XDA forum members successfully after rooting.

Jellybean plays spoilsport here also, conference call is not possible, the person called first remains on hold even after call-merge.

This is the first android handset I came across in which the primary google account can be deleted without resetting the phone. I deleted my google account and all the contacts vanished, but the call records remained there (now the names in the contacts against the numbers are not getting shown, obviously).

With MTS, voice call overrides data session and when voice call starts, the '3G' icon vanishes. No simultaneous voice + data.

Otherwise this is a very nice handset considering its display, built, screen size vis-a-vis overall size, internal user-usable memory, speed (default chrome browser behaves nicely), camera , location fixing and battery backup. The chisel-like shape is very attractive. And I liked the beautiful circle widget on the home screen.

• Like 2

Root ur phone, install system app mover and convert stock WiFi app into data app. Then uninstall it. Download a WiFi tether app from market and u r good to go with tether. Have checked this and it's working on razr and one x

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

^^^

Were your Razr and OneX preventing tethering before rooting? Both from Verizon?

Anybody rooted Razr M and succeeded tethering? Without tethering this handset is useless to me (whatever goodies it may possess) because I regularly use MTS's internet on my laptop through tether.

^^^

Without tethering this handset is useless to me (whatever goodies it may possess) because I regularly use MTS's internet on my laptop through tether.

Me too....

^^^

Anybody rooted Razr M and succeeded tethering? Without tethering this handset is useless to me (whatever goodies it may possess) because I regularly use MTS's internet on my laptop through tether.

Most of verizon phones dont allow tethering and for android phones there is always a way for doing anything if you are on ics foxfi may work without rooting also there is a build.prop modification(rooted phone) which will allow tethering tried.on droid 4 will root my razr m and post a detailed info on rooting and tethering soon.

• Like 2

^^^

Most of verizon phones dont allow tethering and for android phones there is always a way for doing anything if you are on ics foxfi may work without rooting also there is a build.prop modification(rooted phone) which will allow tethering tried.on droid 4 will root my razr m and post a detailed info on rooting and tethering soon.

Thanks in advance nikme bro... Waiting for your detailed info about razr m rooting n wifi tethering!

^^^

Stock roms don't allow to tether. Thats the main issue. Follow the steps and u should b done. Will post the app that unused and was successful. At times the foxfi was not able to help with tether but that's purely dependent on stock Rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tether should work on rarz, this tutorial is for the droid rarz but should work on M as well. for xt912 "entitlement_check" was at 150, so it may vary

edit : get sqlite from here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/33813-must-have-android-apps-for-your-smartphone-part-ii/?p=288566

Edited by nitink

for M, with sqlite >

The path will be "data/user/0/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases"

So select data > user > 0 > com.motorola.android.providers.settings > databases > settings.db > settings

After selecting settings a list will pop up. You can do one of two things. Tap the magnifying glass and type "entitlement_check" and search for that, or scroll down to line 68 (yours may be a different line) and select it.

Tap the pencil icon.

You will see a new screen that has _id "auto", name "entitlement_check", and value "1". Change the "1" to a "0".

Hit save.

You should now be able to use the stock VZW hotspot app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981625

• Like 2

for M, with sqlite >

The path will be "data/user/0/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases"

So select data > user > 0 > com.motorola.android.providers.settings > databases > settings.db > settings

After selecting settings a list will pop up. You can do one of two things. Tap the magnifying glass and type "entitlement_check" and search for that, or scroll down to line 68 (yours may be a different line) and select it.

Tap the pencil icon.

You will see a new screen that has _id "auto", name "entitlement_check", and value "1". Change the "1" to a "0".

Hit save.

You should now be able to use the stock VZW hotspot app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981625

But I think it need rooting...

Anyone with rooted Droid razr m can confirm this?