Motorola Droid Razr M (Global)

:previous:

yes , u need root

i posted here after i was able to make it work on xt912

• Like 1

yes , u need root

So now you are able to use stock wifi tethering app with razr m?

Is it working smoothly, i mean with continues data sharing through wifi hotspot?

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS :-)

yes , u need root

Which root process you are using with razr m? Can u pls post a detailed rooting process of moto razr m (other than xda link), which is easy to understand for noobs?

yes , u need root

So now you are able to use stock wifi tethering app with razr m?

Is it working smoothly, i mean with continues data sharing through wifi hotspot?

yes but on my droid razr xt912

settings are same for droid razr M as well.

Wifi tethering works after changing entitlement_check field...

Thumps up to nikme,nit ink and rajanmehta

• Like 1

3 days back, I got this phone and for initial couple of days, I checked GSM SIM. Everything working well on GSM front.

Currently I am using RAZR M with OMH SIM Card. Both Voice and 1X is fine. But I could not connect through EVDO. Earlier I was using Desire VC where Voice, 1X and EVDO used to work well.

I tried to create new APN, but it is not allowing to create the same. Am I missing something here?

3 days back, I got this phone and for initial couple of days, I checked GSM SIM. Everything working well on GSM front.

Currently I am using RAZR M with OMH SIM Card. Both Voice and 1X is fine. But I could not connect through EVDO. Earlier I was using Desire VC where Voice, 1X and EVDO used to work well.

I tried to create new APN, but it is not allowing to create the same. Am I missing something here?

Please post your reviews here about the razr m...

Waiting 4 a Motorola Droid Razr M on MTS :-)

I am enjoying the cdma ( omh ruim based ) as well as gsm sim based motorola droid razr m for all aspects, except for the fact that I am not able to tehter either in gsm as well as cdma mode.

How can the same be acheived ?

Kindly guide.

I am enjoying the cdma ( omh ruim based ) as well as gsm sim based motorola droid razr m for all aspects, except for the fact that I am not able to tehter either in gsm as well as cdma mode.

Kindly guide.

Use foxfi from play Store .. It should work. Otherwise root n change ent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD on MTS

My Razr m is not powering on after and overnight recharge. Yesterday night I recharged using Samsung Galaxy Nexus charger (for the past couple of days I had been using this charger). My phone was powered while I put it to charge. When I woke up, I saw the green led light up ( normally it does not do like this). Whatever I did there was no response.

I searched the net tried and tried pressing power key + volume up key and holding for some time. I tried power + volume down and power + volume up + volume down key, nothing has worked.

I tried again charging my phone with the original Razr M charger. Same the Green led light is coming up and no other response.

What can I do now?

Please help guys

Ganesan sir, first you have to hold volume keys and then press power button (in case of recovery, volume down and then power for reset).<br /><br />Once you reached recovery, you can do factory reset.<br /><br />Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• Like 1

Ganesan sir, first you have to hold volume keys and then press power button (in case of recovery, volume down and then power for reset).<br /><br />Once you reached recovery, you can do factory reset.<br /><br />Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I have already tried that also, but no response

Since I could not power on my Razr M by whatever way, I gave my phone for service in Chennai, Firstcall Technologies.

Thank god, they readied my phone in 1 day. They said there was problem in power section. Moisture had entered and affected it.

Actually on the problem night, I had kept it charging in a AC room in a hotel. It was an old ac and I could remember moist air coming from the ac. As the phone was getting charged near the ac, moisture might have gone in and affected.

Luckily I got back my phone in perfect condition and I was charged Rs.1600

• Like 2

Kindly guide.

This is in reply to a PM from Vikash & also his post (quoted above). Am sharing this process here in case anyone benefits from it. Using the following method I have successfully activated tethering on the Electrify M. Hope it helps for the Razr M too.

Firstly for rooting use the following process. Its dead easy:-

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15208-root-motochopper-yet-another-android-root-exploit-412/

Then use Titanium to firstly backup all the apps. In the case of the Electrify M, there was a certain app called Synchronoss TEDC which was blocking the tethering. Maybe in Razr M there is a different app which blocks the tethering. So, using Titanium I froze the TEDC app. Rebooted the phone & tethering was working perfectly even with the stock tethering app. With my Evdo connection I could get 1.2 Mbps tethering speeds on my laptop.

Do post here if anyone has success with this for the Razr M tethering. Thanks!

Recently acquired a pre-used Razr M and using with CDMA OMH card.

It shows an update available, is it OK to update or is there any kind of risk?

motorola electrify m is similar to razr m??neglate gsm .and all operation of electrify m is simillar to razr m like touch ,camera,and sound?

^^^

Its OK for update no problem I am already update

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Vijay.

I too updated my phone. No problem faced :)

Thanks Vijay.

I too updated my phone. No problem faced :)

What is android version after update?

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^

Is that update the infamous BL re-locking and root access removing (almost permanent) update???

My RAZR m version is 98.15.66.xt907 not update latest one. My phone is unroot.

Download Foxfi for wifi tether but not success.

But facing one problem foxfi need pattern lock. but after remove foxfi I am unable to remove pettenlock.

Anyone knows how to remove +1 while calling a number through phonebook?

Could not locate the international dialing prefix menu.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone knows how to remove +1 while calling a number through phonebook?

Could not locate the international dialing prefix menu.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

phone > settings > assisted dialing,

these are settings from XT912, shd be similiar to the M

• Like 1