Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
josh596007

Motorola Droid Razr M (Global)

@Momin & Vijay, Thank you for the confirmation, I've purchased, now the wait begins to see what the shipping is. :signthankspin:

@Nellorian.. If you are on jelly Bean 4.1.2 then APN setting not required on Droid Razr M XT907. I am using the same mobile phone. If data is activated on your SIM you can browse internet without any APN Settings. Please check following:

1) Pls contact seller & ask whether that mobile is universal unlocked or unlocked for Reliance CDMA network for DATA.

2) Try other working Reliance CDMA SIM on which EVDO is activated & check that Data is working or not. Select LTE\CDMA network

for CDMA Sim card.

3) Contact Reliance customer care & confirm whether EVDO is activated on your number of not.

3g icon is not glowing and it is greyed and I found that there is no apn and tried to create new apn and when it is saved it is not being saved. Help is appreciated.

Buy new OMH sim card, without OMH sim card data will not work in the handset

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

I received the attached system update notification today for version no. 182.46.15.en.us. Verizon has released this update on 9th September it does not update the rom version, it comes with some security enhancements, when checked on the internet this is what I got "this update brings in some Google security enhancements, added stability to the operating system and a better-quality messaging app over the previous build'.

As anybody got this update here and updated their phones to the latest version, if yes what are the outcome of this update and is voice & data working properly after this update.

post-43901-0-03299600-1410933158_thumb.p

Edited by venbab

I took the risk and updated the phone as per the above mentioned update. There is no changes in the functionality of the phone voice, data & tethering all working fine.

See attached screenshot of about screen after update.

post-43901-0-65326700-1410940100_thumb.p

Eidt: The only difference is, earlier when connected to wifi it used to show faded 1x symbol next to the wifi symbol but now it shows 3G symbol as shown in the below image.

post-43901-0-95484700-1410949087_thumb.p

Edited by venbab
  • Like 2

One of my colleague has the same phone and data was not working on his old sim on this phone. He bought a new sim card with series RGERUC0008***** and data is working now. Please find attached photo of the sim card.

On this phone data works only on the sim cards with smaller design cards and does not work on the old design cards (Credit card sized cards).

post-43901-0-77876900-1411192539_thumb.j

I ported to airtel and data works perfect. I guess my long journey with reliance finally comes to an end.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Dear Venbab

I have tried this also. It is also not working. Today I tried with old series prepaid and it is working perfectly.

Thanks and regards

Babulu

Dear Venbab

I have tried this also. It is also not working. Today I tried with old series prepaid and it is working perfectly.

Thanks and regards

Babulu

What is your sim series for which data is working. There are some RECRUC05 series cards for which data works fine

I got 4 series sim and calls are working fine but not the data. The prepaid where the data is working is 6 series

• Like 1

I got 4 series sim and calls are working fine but not the data. The prepaid where the data is working is 6 series

Any series sim above 5 is considered to be new and data will work fine. Now you can goto Reliance gallery and convert rest of the sim cards to OMH cards which will have above 5 series and data will work fine.

One of my colleague has the same phone and data was not working on his old sim on this phone. He bought a new sim card with series RGERUC0008***** and data is working now. Please find attached photo of the sim card.

On this phone data works only on the sim cards with smaller design cards and does not work on the old design cards (Credit card sized cards).

attachicon.gifsim.jpg

Did you friend add any APN settings for getting any data?

Forgot to mention it, we had to add the APN settings to get data working.

Edit: The APN details entered are as mentioned in my earlier post #276

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35893-motorola-droid-razr-m-global/page-19#entry313218

Edited by venbab

will these new cards continue to work on other devices too?

say if i downgrade back to jb or sprint s5 and sprint note3?

Any Success for Wifi tethering for XT907 with 4.4.2 ???

Any Success for Wifi tethering for XT907 with 4.4.2 ???

On 4.4.2 Wifi tethering is working fine for me with the default app without root.

I removed the sim card from my XT907 and inserted it in the newly bought ZTE N919 for testing. When I insert back the sim card in XT907 the data is not working any more, I tried all options of entering the apn, restarted the phone few times, removed the sim and inserted it back a few times.

Edit: I got a new sim card with serial no. RGERUC0008***** and added the apn and data is working now. :hypocrite:

Edited by venbab

Anybody here who uses cyanogenmod??

I bought razr m recently, was on 4.4.2 . I had the older type sim that works with my sprint note 3. And I didnt want to change that, but that particular sim doesnt work with razr m 4.4.2 . I dont use stock rom anyways, so I downgraded using RSD lite to 4.1.2 and data started working. Then rooted, and flashed custom recovery and then flashed cm11 snapshot M4 ( I had this snapshot already downloaded months ago for a different phone as this is a unified build). Everything works fine now. Onky thing, when I try to update cm11 to the latest snapshot, it says failed as it needs the 4.4 bootloader.

So, any idea on what can I do??

Nevermind, got the answer, theres a special download for jellybean bootloaders. :)

• Like 1

Hey venbeb how you add APN in 4.4.2 its no showing my phone

Plz help me im frm Kolkata

Tried rooting fire wifi tethering... But towel root fails... Any other method??

Hey venbeb how you add APN in 4.4.2 its no showing my phone

Plz help me im frm Kolkata

Add apn option is only available on sim cards with series RECRUC05 or higher.

I just tried a SIM with series RECRUC06xxxxx, but it still did not show APN options. Are there other ways to ensure 3G if APN does not show?

Also the upgraded SIM gives me 3G trouble when using with my Electrify M. Has anyone faced a similar issue?