Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

TATA is shutting down CDMA postpaid service

'cuase no one's willing to buy thier shares.

sad?

Yeh toh hona hi tha !

Arrogant TATA's

Expected.. They don't know what to do with CDMA. Its clearly their fault and NOT the technology.

[ 1 ] They are NOT ready to expand EV-DO even in circles where they failed to get 3Gsm license

[ 2 ] They are too harsh towards foreign handsets (not to forget the AKey issues)

[ 3 ] They provide only sh!tty outdated ones and that too at ridiculous prices

[ 4 ] They have started switching off the towers in almost all circles, when they actually have to increase coverage

[ 5 ] Confusing data plans (EVDO in phone, but not in PC) and charging them

All they have is cheap and best tariff plans, but that is hardly enough to compensate the above said gigantic mistakes. RIP TataCdma...

• Like 1

In short TATA ko TATA kardo!

• Like 1

well ... they still have 2.5Mhz which can be used exclusively for donglr. right?

This is the mistake both TATA and MTS are making. They are ignoring every other oppertunity other than data.

Just to discourage voice customers TATA switched off thier towers which would surely affect adversely their data user also.

Well, here in Chennai, TATA CDMA gives post-paid connections in every exclusive showroom. Just go there and get it but for pre-paid, you have to keep on calling them and asking if its available or not.

^^^

This might not be the situation in RoTN circle.

In Kolkata circle Tata has retained its post-paid service and also is continuing lucrative pre-paid packs but has withdrawn post-paid as well as good packs from RoWB circle.

In Gujarat, Baroda, there are no issues. I went there for prepaid SIM, which they issued it in NO time & in fact were ready to give 2 SIM so that on net calls can be made. They had known that I have reliance cdma. One of the exec made high sales pitch for giving me Post Paid sim as well, by giving some plan details. In fact, non only the store I visited, I knew that it is available elsewhere in city by someone else..

So, don't think immediately there is a problem.

Why not take a postpaid sim and get it converted to prepaid. According to Trai they are bound to do it.

Yes, one can always get a post-paid cdma connection with a good plan and then convert it to pre-paid after 3 months.

Tata is exiting telecom business completely. Will update with more details soon.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That really s**ks and the more worrying part of this story is that Vodafone will be taking over Tata's entire Telecom business. It seems that Vodafone is trying to be the biggest player in the Indian Telecom Business with lot of acquisitions & take overs. If that happens it will be a disasterous for us(common users), because Vodafone will definitely make the prices higher & higher which will then be followed by others, which was what happened with 2G data prices recently.

^^^^^

Its better for TATA to exit telecom as they DO NOT know what to do with it. But being sold to world's number one greedy network is NOT looking good for consumers. Vodafone will immediately remove the per second benefit and all affordable tariffs (unlimited plan) from Tata. What will happen to Tata's CDMA business is known only to God.

As expected Voda will become number 1 operator and that day will be a Black day for Indian telecom, imho...

I hope we(or some one) can chase or route away this Vodafone just as our freedom fighters chased away British rulers, otherwise we will be definitely experiencing another British rule again, only in Telecom sector though.

Nobody bothers about Tata's GSM any more. I'm concerned about existing CDMA users who are enjoying cheap and pay per call packs those are meant for life-time, i.e. for entire period of Tata's licence. If Voda comes and abolishes these packs, this will surely be very bad for these subscribers.

I think for some customers it would be beneficial if tata sells its entire telecom business to vodafone because tata docomo's cdma network has one of the worst indoor coverage in bihar & jharkhand. I had purchased a docomo cdma sim a year ago which offered me unlimited docomo to docomo calls (cdma & gsm) for 30 days but it never used to work inside my room which is at ground floor of a 5-storeyed building. I always had to go out of my room to get signal and make calls. And talking about docomo's gsm metwork, well its worse than cdma because docomo doesn't have its own gsm network in Patna, and has a tie-up with aircel which has the worst network among all operators in my area.

But, i've been using vodafone since 2010. Even though its a bit costly (if not the costliest), it has the best coverage in my area among all the operators including airtel and idea. I get full signal all the time even at the basement.

My question is- what's the use of freebies and cheaper call rates when you can hardly get any network?

^^^^^

Yes, but the problem will be that, when Voda purchases Tata, it will surely remove all the best value for money plans including Unlimited plans, per second plans, onnet plans, half - paisa packs, etc.. Voda is known for increasing tariffs and with lack of competition it will increase by leaps and bounds, imho...

I agree with Mr.Ramesh Kumarji.

As it is the voice call tariff is on an upward spiral. The 0.30 paise scheme for local calls has been withdrawn by all operaters and instead they are giving 1.3 ps to 1.5 ps per second.

And i would definately demand better services, connectivity and network in that place.

Dr.Abhay Shah.

We'll guys, change is the only constant..

Better to have an interested player like Voda or Airtel buying out Docomo rather than to have a sleepy/cribbing operator, not interested in the telecom business.. More of a bad news for buyers/sellers of CDMA phones as there's one operator less in the country.

We'll guys, change is the only constant..

Better to have an interested player like Voda or Airtel buying out Docomo rather than to have a sleepy/cribbing operator, not interested in the telecom business.. More of a bad news for buyers/sellers of CDMA phones as there's one operator less in the country.

I agree with you as it is better to have an interested player like Voda or Airtel than to have an uninterested player like Tata. But, i don't think its a bad news for the CDMA industry because Voda already has a pan-India UAS licence and if it acquires Tata's CDMA spectrum and gets DOT's approval, it would be able to offer services on both CDMA and GSM platforms under its current UAS licence just like Reliance.

That would be very good if Vodafone or Airtel whoever buys TATA Docomo continues to offer CDMA services.

^^^^^

Yes, but without cheap tariffs for both voice and data, imho. But there is a better chance for increased coverage for both 1x and evdo. That's a huge plus without a doubt. And if by any chance they allowed meid registration like rcom, (since, voda is mainly gsm operator and may not be too interested in handset sales) then it will be a super hit and even force rcdma to increase the coverage of 1x and evdo. Just a bunch of wild guesses.

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro

^^^

Ay Hay, Koi to rok lo ise :P

But I was also daydreaming about MEID acceptance by AirTel/Voda.