Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

TATA is shutting down CDMA postpaid service

TATA - Vodafone merging talks in full strength. Speculating that Voda will stop Tata's CDMA service and use that band for 4G LTE after acquiring additional CDMA spectrum in the upcoming CDMA auction. http://telecomtalk.info/ttsl-vodafone-merger-talks-in-advanced-level/114777/

This is bad news, i swtiched to Indicom from reliance couple of years back as signals were not good in my place, looks like time is coming to move to a new provider.

Well, something has definitely happened for the good. I am seeing a jump in tata indicom signals big time, getting full signal in most of the places now. Was in Jaipur last month and experienced this now coming back to Bangalore experiencing the same in my area. Heard a rumour that CDMA providers are sharing the network among themselves so signal has improved. As Reliance, MTS and Indicom all 3 are sharing network with each other, don't know if its really true, but if it is then it is definitely good news.

^^^^

May be they are trying to get new or at the least retain existing customers to sell themselves to Vodafone or any other for a good price... Else they don't give a $h!t for coverage improvement and this is from my experience...

tata is using reliance's cdma network.. came to know this through some insider..

• Like 1

tata is using reliance's cdma network.. came to know this through some insider..

I agree, i also got the news from an inside source, but he said that all 3 are sharing the network now, MTS, Tata & Reliance. I do not have a reliance or MTS connection to verify, but Tata indicom's signals have really been very good lately . Good for us users if this is really true as the coverage would improve locally and while travelling.