Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

Whats App - How To Disable Downloaded Images Showing Up In Gallery?

Friends i am in trouble

I have started using Whats app in Android since last 2 days, i am in all the prestigious groups who keep on sending Juicy photos day and night, now whats app has policy of auto downloading it (dont have problem with that) now the problem is all download pics are beautifully picked up by media scanner and shown in gallery.

wanted to know - HOW TO STOP it showing in gallery

Tried .nomedia and couple of apps nothing works, the OS is JB 4.1.2 and folder is Whats app image created by whats app automatically in device memory (virtual SD) i dont have SD card

b069f49997fba47beb3b3902f48a29a6.jpg

Bahut mushkil hai bhai sari images open hai - roz del kar rahai hun -

Option 1. Gallery excluder - search on xda

Option 2. Regularly move the pics from this folder using some app like hide it pro

Even one more problem I have is even if I send the pictures it gets duplicated in whats app picture folder... And this happens only for android mobiles...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

You can lock gallery by using applock app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5kb21vYmlsZS5hcHBsb2NrIl0. Alternatively use a file explorer like es file explorer and rename The whatsapp folder as .whatsapp. This will hide the folder and its contents will not be displayed in gallery. When you want to view the folder just go to Myfiles, menu, settings and check the show hidden files option.

I am using Hide It Pro for the same.

With new update, if you forward or send anything from whatsapp folder, it is not duplicated.

You can lock gallery by using applock app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5kb21vYmlsZS5hcHBsb2NrIl0. Alternatively use a file explorer like es file explorer and rename The whatsapp folder as .whatsapp. This will hide the folder and its contents will not be displayed in gallery. When you want to view the folder just go to Myfiles, menu, settings and check the show hidden files option.

Genious ji, this is the best option to work for, as i faced the same issue and also tried many a things to do and see, also in many handsets wattsapp application itself has settings of disabling the savings of media file, see if your handset has that, my S3 does not and then what i did was this, rename the wattsapp folder name to .wattsapp(dot wattsapp) thru es file explorer and it would go in hidden menu and also wont show in your gallery as well, just go to settings in my file menu and check the hidden menu option to see the files of wattsapp.

Option 1. Gallery excluder - search on xda

Option 2. Regularly move the pics from this folder using some app like hide it pro

Gallery excluder all links are dead and file has been removed from playstore, option 2 not best for me

Even one more problem I have is even if I send the pictures it gets duplicated in whats app picture folder... And this happens only for android mobiles...

yes it also there - once you fwd to 5 places you have as many pictures

locking is not a good option

I am using Hide It Pro for the same.

With new update, if you forward or send anything from whatsapp folder, it is not duplicated.

i have downloaded it but couldnt configure it the way u use it, please put some guide on settings you have done to i follow the same - thanks

2632194_28f784a44a_m.jpg

New update of WhatsApp then I just updated & hide it pro is already updated.... Have to verify....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Best and the Most simplest way that i use is using "SMART APP PROTECTOR"

Play Store Link > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sp.protector.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zcC5wcm90ZWN0b3IuZnJlZSJd

it has varios options of locking app like numeric, pattern, alphanumeric etc... very much satisfied... and works like a charm... i strongly recommend to use this...

simply...

1> Install it.

2> Enable it

3> Change the Default password

4> Go to the Running tab and add the apps you wish to lock

5> DONE !

I use App Lock

Link: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=app+lock

And one thing, whatever be the locking app, don't forget to include PlayStore, settings, task manager in its locking list to prevent others to uninstall it.

slightly OT : is there any way to merge whatsapp chat from various devices to one..? since last couple of months, i used 4 devices (with same #) & each device is having some chat records.. now i want to merge all chat records in one & continue on my current device... <br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

Keep pressed on audio manager after starting hide it pro. It will appear as audio manager. Then it will ask to setup password and also email address for recovery.

If you still can't get it, will give step by step procedure with images tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

lolz, one of the main reasons I don't let my kids touch my phone. Another Whatsapp phenomenon...

slightly OT : is there any way to merge whatsapp chat from various devices to one..? since last couple of months, i used 4 devices (with same #) & each device is having some chat records.. now i want to merge all chat records in one & continue on my current device... <br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

Try this. How To Merge SQLITE Database Files With SQLite Compare

Also check this tool: Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

• Like 2

I'm using what's app plus n it has option to disable image download..

You can check it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25427952

i need to see those Juicy pictures so no download is not the option - i just want to hide it from media scanner so it is not there in gallery.

Keep pressed on audio manager after starting hide it pro. It will appear as audio manager. Then it will ask to setup password and also email address for recovery.

i am able to setup that my friend but inside there is no option of locking pics and that duplicate pics that you mentioned. let me know the settings you did inside the app.

cute-girl-beauty-hair-style-alone_large.

• Like 1

Tried .nomedia and couple of apps nothing works, the OS is JB 4.1.2 and folder is Whats app image created by whats app automatically in device memory (virtual SD) i dont have SD card

For .nomedia method to work in Jellybean 4.1.2, try clearing data via App info for Media Storage (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage). Restart the phone and then check.

There are two options to lock the images/videos. One from gallery and other from App itself

Hiding through Hide It Pro

1. Open and log in to the Hide It pro using password that you already setup.

2. Click on image\video or other options that are shown.

3. it will show folders, if not created any, then it will show blank.

4. Click + sign on top right to create folder.

5. Once folder is created and you are inside the folder, click on + to add more photos

6. To remove/delete/or do any editing, click on pencil icon.

Locking from gallery
1. Click on share option while viewing/editing file/movie/image

2. select Hide It Pro

3. Enter password and it will ask in which folder you want to transfer.

4. After that, file will be removed from your gallery and put into Hide It Pro.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 1

Try this. How To Merge SQLITE Database Files With SQLite Compare

Also check this tool: Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

will try & report.. thanks kaka..

sorry doc to hijack your thread.. :P

triggered from razr...

@csmart,

the pics/vids took a long time to get loaded as there were too many in my Gallery. I have checked some of them. Hope it does not show in the gallery again.

If I forward these pics/vids, will it again show in the Gallery?

Thanks

+1

Best solution would be for Daaktar Saheb to subscribe to some Religious Pictures Groups and refrain from such morally corrupting photo groups.

Followed by extended Therapy Sessions with a good psychologist !

depositphotos_4830706-Man-by-the-psychol

• Like 3

@csmart,

If I forward these pics/vids, will it again show in the Gallery?

Yes. It will. The problem is related to Whatsapp and there is no solution for the same.

• Like 1

For .nomedia method to work in Jellybean 4.1.2, try clearing data via App info for Media Storage (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage). Restart the phone and then check.

no not working tried 2 times ...

I Have tried each and every thing with regard to Whatsapp images, and found nothing!..

even if you lock or hide folder, immediately if you receive any image instantly a new folder will be created and you are gone.

the best remedy is as suggested by @ami1