Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jewrajka

TATA Indicom - SMS Issue for Android

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL RIMWEBIANS

Dear Gurus

I am facing a peculiar problem on my Tataindicom actiavted HTC Incredible, all sms which are arriving does not have phone numbers displayed properly, i.e. if the message is from phone number 9233340015, it would display as D923334DD15, this renders in not able to identify the sender from the phonebook.

Got this phone from Tushar Khoobchandani and he said this issue is with Tataindicom.

Can I get any solution for the same ???????????

Thanks in advance.

:signthankspin:

It must be an issue at TATA Indicom's side as it doesn't happen with Reliance CDMA. Earlier the SMS delivery report did not show delivered with Reliance CDMA for a few months on HTC Hero/Indredible but that issue got resolved later.

^

It is because Reliance is actively using US (un)officially to test these foreign handsets and thereby provide world class backbone and it plans to launch these latest handsets very soon vis-a'-vis their foreign counterparts...

Edited by dkaile

^

and it plans to launch these latest handsets very soon vis-a'-vis their foreign counterparts...

Is this a reliable inside info? And very soon mean how many days, months? Your this single line is adding considerable complexity to my MNP and Handset Decisions :confuse:

This problem is very old, and there is only hit and miss solution for this,

ask our SumitVerma he is the first victim of this problem

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL RIMWEBIANS

Dear Gurus

I am facing a peculiar problem on my Tataindicom actiavted HTC Incredible, all sms which are arriving does not have phone numbers displayed properly, i.e. if the message is from phone number 9233340015, it would display as D923334DD15, this renders in not able to identify the sender from the phonebook.

Got this phone from Tushar Khoobchandani and he said this issue is with Tataindicom.

Can I get any solution for the same ???????????

Thanks in advance.

me too was facing same problem on my Dinc in Tata Indicom

^

and it plans to launch these latest handsets very soon vis-a'-vis their foreign counterparts...

Is this a reliable inside info? And very soon mean how many days, months? Your this single line is adding considerable complexity to my MNP and Handset Decisions :confuse:

Please Dhiraj ji kindly elucidate. If true this will be a game changer for CDMA in India.

It is respective of the circle.

E.g If I am in Haryana, Zero is shown as "D"

If I am in Delhi, Zero is shown as "0".

It is respective of the circle.

E.g If I am in Haryana, Zero is shown as "D"

If I am in Delhi, Zero is shown as "0".

does it mean that there is no solution for this problem as one has got to live with it ???

also I am facing terible issue with battery life of inredible, is there any way to improve on it, whatabout bying 3200 mah battery from usa instead of 1300 mah.

Kindly reply

How terrible is it for you? Doesn't last for one day with average use?

No solutions for sms.

Battery, I dont think its bad at all.

Battery life of Incredible is better as compared to EVO.

No solutions for sms.

Battery, I dont think its bad at all.

Battery life of Incredible is better as compared to EVO.

mine is not even lasting for more than 4 hours with 30 mins of talking and some internet usage

what about these higher capacity battery ?

Install "Battery Left" application and check if any application is draining the battery.

4.30hr of talk on incre is best.

U can get 3500amh battery

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

4.30hr of talk on incre is best.

U can get 3500amh battery

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I am not getting 4.3 hours of talking , on a standby duration of 4 hours, I am getting 30 mins of talktime only.

are the battery on ebay usa site good ?

also how can I pay for them in indian rupees ?

^

He said 4 hours standby with 30 mins of talking

4 Hours of Standby with 30 minutes of talking???? :NOTriste: Must change his battery...

Have you checked whether any application is draining the battery using "Battery Left"?

You can pay using Indian Rupees if you buy through eBay Global Easy Buy: http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ImportHubSearch&qwd=htc+incredible+battery&cid=-1&qbtn=Search

I wouldn't prefer extended battery as it increases the size of the handset; if it is fine for you then buy it.

Have you checked whether any application is draining the battery using "Battery Left"?

You can pay using Indian Rupees if you buy through eBay Global Easy Buy: http://orders.ebay.i...=-1&qbtn=Search

I wouldn't prefer extended battery as it increases the size of the handset; if it is fine for you then buy it.

if i am buying from global easy buy then the price is very high and if i buy through ebay.com the same item from the same seller then the price is very low.

what should I do ?

Contact Hitesh bhai, maybe he can get you a battery in his lot.

Dear Hitesh Bhai

I need battery of Incredible, extended may be 2200 mah and above with back door also

Do u have that

What would be the price ?

The thread has gone off-topic.

Anyways, does anybody have the idea how to enable SMS delivery report on Samsung Fascinate with TataIndicom? Pleasee help.

I used to use delivery report on my hTc Touch and now missing it on my Fascinate. I knew the registry tweak of Windows 6.5, but is there anything in android 2.1 a la registry tweak of Windows 6.5?

Hi,

I am also facing same issue on TATA DOCOMO CDMA. While getting a incoming SMS from a number with 0, it shows as D.

Example: 09893240402 --->>> D989324D4D2

Issue being faced on -- OMH RUIM, Have 2 CDMA Numbers (9329795553 & 9200183977), Facing same issue with both.

Handset --- HTC Incredible 2 & Motorola Droid 3. Have been using R-CDMA OHM & GSM on both above handsets with no issues.

Any solutions ??

the issue, in question, is being faced on imported handsets (with Tata DoCoMo CDMA).

would request someone to please check Tata DoCoMo CDMA with Samsung Pop OMH. Then only we can come to know that the issue is with Tata or with Android (as topic title says)..