Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
thackervijay

Which Indian Brand Android To Go For - Micromax Or XOLO?

guys will be buying new handset between micromax or xolo.

Micromax has its new Canvas 2 plus quad core processor handset along with the Canvas HD

Xolo has its quad core 1.2ghz Q 800 and Q1000 handset

Both these are in the range of 11k to 14k

Over all the built quality display clarity, everything was favouring xolo which now also have started their service centre along with micromax which i felt bit filmsy built and size tad bigger to use and carry for my wife.

So please suggest which one should be a better buy.

• Like 1

Suggestion.. Why dont you consider S3 mini or Galaxy Quattro? S3 mini cost around 15k while quattro 16k. My friend got quattro for his father and is happy with it.

I wont suggest Micromax as camera quality is not that good and also found little sluggish. I think above two are much better than the ones you are considering if budget is not an issue.

budget is at strain so thought to opt on either of the two as they are the near to my budget of 10-12k

Dont know about windows handsets how they are doin as nokia launching new ones but not sure how would it hold to it comparing to andoid.

Xolo doubt taking the updates how would they be giving up compared to micromax ?

More confused?

The Gargoyle suggests Xolo. Q800 will be an excellent choice.

@Vijay

Dear friend, if you can go with Dual Core instead of Quad Core than you can consider "Lava Iris 501" priced @ 7999....There are many positive reviews on the net about this handset. At flipkart you can get another 5% discount for this handset.

Do have a look at its specifications.:)

• Like 2

In your budget, I would recommend going for something branded - Galaxy S advance is a good phone in that range - if you can relax till 15K, LG Optimus L9 is the best you can get.

IMHO branded phones can last 2-3 years easily getting you good resale price also which none of these Indian Chinese makes can ever dream of.

You can get a S Advance which is a dual core processor..

And at the rate of 14,000/- plus 5% discount from flipkart...

Very good mobile in this budget...

@Vijay

Between Micromax & XOLO, opt for Xolo. For many of Xolo/Lava models, OEM is Gionee which is considered among the top 3 manufacturer in china. Xolo generally has a better build, packs more specs/features for a lower price then micromax.

For your specific requirement, Xolo Q700 is easily THE best choice currently for any android below Rs 9,000 budget.

1.2 Ghz Quad Core processor, 4.5 inch IPS Qhd OGS (One glass solution) 245 ppi display, Android 4.2.1, 1GB RAM, 2400 mAh large battery, Dual SIM, Back Camera with BSI Sensor, Front Cam.

Android build is latest & nearly stock with additional feature of multi profile for separate uses.

Read some of the very good reviews this one is getting for being the best phone in this budget.

• Like 1

Micromax

Sent from my EVO LTE

Karbonn Titanium S5 is another option with Quadcore at the same budget

I have suffered buying this local brand products. I had bought lava 454 to be very frank the in call quality is worst and talking for long is pain on this handset. I would recommend branded phone go for samsung s advance

For the matter of fact I previously encourage people buying Indian products even compromising a bit with quality,but the experience and behaviour of the stuffs of service centres are unbearbly rude.one centre takes franchisee of multiple companies and their only job is to refute your warranty claim.Even if you are succesful in convincing them waiting period will be one month.

I would suggest to consider Samsung Ace Duos or similar. We do not have encouraging feedback for the Indian brands.

Edited by csmart

Thankyou guys for your support and feedback.

Yesterday went to check the handsets and these brands and seriously speaking couldnot feel that trust on these brands as i have on our routine brands like sammy,htc,lg,even nokia.Micromax looked very filmsy and plasticky worst then even samsungs plastics.

Yes was impressed with the built quality, specs of what xolo was offering and pricing was tempting as well for that specs, looks, built screen resolution.

My wife uses samsung wave slider one handset, since last two years and above havent faced single issue with the handset so this was the first priority.Heard from a friend where i usually purchase my mobiles, that sony is launching its new variant xperia M

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-m/

So ill wait till this gets launch and see how this one is else might expand 2 to 3 grands more and see what better options are available.

Well. i have been using the Xolo Q800 for nearly 3 months now and i am very happy with the same, no issues, battery backup is good . Also the price has come down to under 10k.

In this pricing its a very good phone and samsung can't beat it.

The problem that i heard mostly was for the servicing part, where both the companies xolo or micromax yes my city have both the companies service centres but if something goes wrong they take way too much time to get parts and repair and replace, also faulty reasons many a times they have given,

Micromax today morning a business client visited and had a word with him taking the same, his words were yes the phone is damn good in this price range with bundle it gives but issue is once sometihng happens, his camera sensor was not working and went to the service centre and they claimed its liquid fault and wont come under warranty and same was repaired at a local person for 300 bucks, this is not a reliable experience to spend 10K which is not a small amount to spend.

Yes i know one of an experience cannot judge the whole branding, many cases happens with other reputed brands as well but still not very sure for indian brands yet.

If you're inclined towards Sony Xperia - Xperia L is a good option ~15-16K

Any reason to not check out S advance...

I think it's a good option except the design which someone can say its old...

It even has ICS update....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thankyou guys for the feedback.While going thru the online deals to see whats on offer as i was not soo sure for these two brands.Have seen MMX working doing pretty good superb as well as have seen making owner keep on hold with something or the other issues, and same seems with other brands as well.In the price range of 10-12K branded companies like sammy htc sony have nothing good to go for.

So in dilema saw nokia lumia series of a friend who uses 620, believe me its awesome of an handset no lag no hang screen resolution pictures clarity, camera everything works superb for the basic requirement and found a sweet of an deal on OLX for its 720, brand new 10 days old handset with priority shot bill and warranty,everything sealed pack and lady negotiated it hardly to get the 17k handset for 13K.

Brought the handset checked at the priority store for the cross check of emi number and its invoice which shows on record states correct, took the sellers id copy for safety purpose which he did and got the handset.Damn awesome that handset is for the price we gave, yes its not an android but still i loved the windows handset as well, for her and her needs, stable OS with no lags no hang, nice screen resolution, good clarity built quality in this price range was bang on.

Thankyou for your support and feedbacks for the inquiry i had.

I will suggest for micromax as now the they have improved there after sales service