Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gauravjc

iOS5 on iPhone 4 CDMA?

Dear Friends,

Is anyone of us using Apple iPhone with ios 5 and has working sms in sending & receiving ....

Pls advice....

Thanks !!

Heard it's working with iOS 5.0.1

And it's working with vz one.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Vinay ji,

I tried upgrading to 5.0.1 also still sms doesnt go thru ....

any workaround for this ???

Gaurav bhai agar aap yeh kahoge to kaise chalega

Did u tried putting mdn

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

HI i have a Cdma iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 semi tethered JBn but i am not able to make or recieve calls properly. (I have reliance CDMA, got my no transferred directly though reliance system !)

I mean whenever i make or get an incoming call my call is DROPPED withing few seconds !

I am unable to send messages also !

And another thing is even though i have nos saved in my contacts i am not able to get it displayed when the same person give me a call !

Please help for these 3 issues !

Thanks !

call drop issue ?? hmm i hope i heard it as a akey issue or may be becoz of the ios5 update ?? kindly contact your seller about this, and about the try including the country call code before the contact number, heard there is a bug in iso 5's contacts app

Delete the cloud account off the iphone.

Backup the iphone.

Resetting the phone.

Restoring the backup.

Cloud tried to come back but we deleted it again.

The contacts and previous phone number begin to work.

i found these steps on a support website , try it and please share the result

I mean whenever i make or get an incoming call my call is DROPPED withing few seconds !

This is an A-Key issue and has been discussed on various threads by and now.

Unless you feed A-Key in your iPhone4, you can't resolve the problem.

Contact your seller or the person from whom you got MEID regd for this.

i have verizon iPhone 4 , running on Reliance CDMA with iOS 4.2.8, can i jailbreak it with 5.0 and install cydia on it???

^ ^ yes you can do it but it wil be a tethered JB for untethered u have to wait more

This is not problem only with reliance but with all flashed phones

According to me the problem lies with carrier bundle not there for reliance , which is causing sms gateway issues

Either an apple update or modification of carrier bundle can fix it

Can we use a carrier bundle from previous CDMA 4 SMS working sets.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

I tried to restore old carrier bundles on ios 5 but then phone when into safe mode with no recovery ... had to re install firmware.

I tried to restore old carrier bundles on ios 5 but then phone when into safe mode with no recovery ... had to re install firmware.

Can you please share the old carrier bundle files so that even i can try it once. I am continuously working towards finding a solution to this problem and yes what Mufaddal mentioned in one of the above post is correct, it's the problem with all the flashed iPhones. In the US, the problem is worse. For people who flashed iPhones to use it on Cricket or Metro, SMS(send and receive) is not working at all. Atleast on Reliance network, we are able to receive SMS(partially), but not send it.

After going through with the problems of Metro and Cricket users, this is what i have come to the conclusion:

1) The problem with US CDMA network is the character encoding (i.e. the format in which SMS is sent/received) over the network. What happens is that the iPhone is expecting the SMS in a particular format but the carrier (network) is following a different encoding and because of this the handshake between the provider and the iPhone fails, resulting in failure of the SMS.

2) I am working on this option:

The carrier.plist contains all the settings required to make the phone work. By default this file contains all Verizon related settings. I found one very interesting setting in this file called as OutgoingSMSPrefix. The default value of this property is +11 for international and +1 for local. I think for those users who are unable to send a message, maybe by changing this property, we might be able to solve the problem. I tried changing this value to +91, but the problem is as soon as you edit this carrier.plist file, the signature of this file changes and then the iPhone simply discards all the settings done. The solution to this problem is a CommCenter patch. For GSM phones, people who need to enable tethering and other options, they patch the commcenter so that it allows edited carrier.plist files. Unfortunately no one has yet developed a CommCenter patch for CDMA iPhones.

I think if we can patch the CommCenter so that it allows edited carrier.plist, then i think we might be able to solve this problem.

i am also facing problem in sending sms . msg is received without any issue except bank msg.

but no msg can be sent

verizon iphone 4 cdma

version : 5.0.1

hello all,

well i have iphone 4 with reliance services

and the firmware was 4.2.10

it was working cool...but after i upgraded to ios 5 after tht i m not able to send msgs to any contacts,

how do i fix this problem?

Can you please share the old carrier bundle files so that even i can try it once. I am continuously working towards finding a solution to this problem and yes what Mufaddal mentioned in one of the above post is correct, it's the problem with all the flashed iPhones. In the US, the problem is worse. For people who flashed iPhones to use it on Cricket or Metro, SMS(send and receive) is not working at all. Atleast on Reliance network, we are able to receive SMS(partially), but not send it.

After going through with the problems of Metro and Cricket users, this is what i have come to the conclusion:

1) The problem with US CDMA network is the character encoding (i.e. the format in which SMS is sent/received) over the network. What happens is that the iPhone is expecting the SMS in a particular format but the carrier (network) is following a different encoding and because of this the handshake between the provider and the iPhone fails, resulting in failure of the SMS.

2) I am working on this option:

The carrier.plist contains all the settings required to make the phone work. By default this file contains all Verizon related settings. I found one very interesting setting in this file called as OutgoingSMSPrefix. The default value of this property is +11 for international and +1 for local. I think for those users who are unable to send a message, maybe by changing this property, we might be able to solve the problem. I tried changing this value to +91, but the problem is as soon as you edit this carrier.plist file, the signature of this file changes and then the iPhone simply discards all the settings done. The solution to this problem is a CommCenter patch. For GSM phones, people who need to enable tethering and other options, they patch the commcenter so that it allows edited carrier.plist files. Unfortunately no one has yet developed a CommCenter patch for CDMA iPhones.

I think if we can patch the CommCenter so that it allows edited carrier.plist, then i think we might be able to solve this problem.

Any updates bro

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

no luck bro .... hoping to get it resolved when 5.1 comes out ....

I phone can not handle 7 bit SMS, when i had developed HMSMS Server i was using this format and so many operator still does, Majority of Phone supports 7bit, 8bit and Unicode 16bit SMS format, But our Advance iOS engineers thought 7bit is too old to be supported

Till iOS 3 all carrier.plist was Unsigned / via Testing Hack in iTunes, but as many users start using illegal tether, carriers started bugging Apple to make carrier.plist unhackable.

After iOS 4.0, carrier.list’s all keys have Signature Data Fields, Every time apple Server pushes this file to iPhone all Fields edited is hashed with there Private key and Public key in iOS devices with its UDID verifies it and if it verified then only the Data in that Keys is uploaded to Base band or other OS parts. Now The Only way out is to bypass verification and allow private Modification.

CommCenter is the part of OS which verifies the Signed object data. and if we can patch it, we can bypass this and use custom carrier.plist for further CDMA Hacking.

Recently Discovered Patches for iOS 5 for A5 (with iPhone 4S devices) is as follows

Here is the CommCenter patch for iOS 5:

CommCenterClassic (iPhone 3GS/4 and iPad/iPad2 - Infineon base band):

@8F910 (file offset @8E910) 0x3046-> 0x0120

(Patch to be done on CommCenterClassic)

CommCenter (iPhone 4S -0 QualComm base band):

@A2AA8 (file offset A1AA8) 0x3046-> 0x0120

(Patch to be done on CommCenter)

• Upload Patched CommCenter to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
  • ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter
  • chmod +x /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

Still is is work to be done and discussed in air every thing can be clear only after. Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 on A5 Hardware is Available

• Like 1

CommCenterpatch for iPhone 4 CDMA version is now available from the following cydia repository:

http://v.backspace.jp/repo/

Since i don't have an active no. on my iPhone 4 CDMA i cannot try the option i suggested in one of the comments on Page 1. I will request people who have a working phone to test, please install the commcenter patch and then try editing the OutgoingSMSPrefix property.

Let's hope atleast day to day messaging between our friends and collegues starts working. For messages from Bank and others which we are unable to receive on our phones, we will need to accept what Hetal posted in one of the message above.

Guys any success, please report!

Parin, did you try editing the OutgoingSMSPrefix property in carrier.plist? What values did you provide? There are 2 properties we need to set under this, one is for local sms prefix which by default contains value as +1 and +11 for international SMS. I will request you to set the local prefix to an empty string and the international prefix to +91.

Also after replacing the Verizon prl file with a Reliance prl file, there is an option in the carrier.plist called as push prl something which needs to be set to true. Also please try this and let us know if sending SMS suceeds.

Edited by majrul

Currently I don't have a phone with ios5

Hence not able to try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk