Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gauravjc

iOS5 on iPhone 4 CDMA?

Still Browser can not Browse the website, none service connect to any Server :-(

Please dont ask for Solution i have been working with a Paid Solution guy from Cricket Forums, and i have to obey his rules

post-9478-0-79522100-1327989505_thumb.jp

post-9478-0-92022500-1327989508_thumb.jp

post-9478-0-58223000-1327989512_thumb.jp

post-9478-0-88354000-1327989517_thumb.jp

• Like 4

just WOW !!! can't wait to get iPhone with working Reliance EvDo

Hetal Bhai, how did you get the word Reliance appear next to the antenna bar? And vishal did you edit those properties which i mentioned before?

IOS 5x use sbs settings to change provider name.

Hetal Bhai, how did you get the word Reliance appear next to the antenna bar? And vishal did you edit those properties which i mentioned before?

You can change by using Fakecarrier application.

CommCenterpatch for iPhone 4 CDMA version is now available from the following cydia repository:

http://v.backspace.jp/repo/

This is not working

After installing the phone reboots and then it goes in to reboot cycle

You have to put it in DFU mode and then restore original iOS

I tried it yesterday itself, there is no such problem i faced. The commcenter was patched and i was able to edit the carrier.plist file. I am on 5.0.1.

Bhai log, kuch to update karo. Kisine kuch try kiya ke nahi. Unfortunately i don't have an active no. on my iPhone 4 CDMA.

:previous:

Willl Suggest you to put a No & try, Without no trying is also not of use

parin bhai, the problem is the no. which we had temporarily activated on this iPhone is terminated by now and the problem is we cannot reactivate the same no. I need someone who can release this iPhone from this number so that we can transfer another one on it. I am unable to dial *228 as it gets stuck after "welcome to reliance". If you can help, please let me know!

Anyone has a link or cydia repo for commcenter patch for ios 4.2.6 ? (for ip4 cdma)

My verizon iphone 4 on ios 5.01 is perfectly working on reliance cdma with calls and text both. did not have to patch commcentre for that. Just pushed reliance prl and *228, started working immediately

@ Sanjay - does your SMS shows all the names in contact also do you get names in all the calls

What is the number format you have kept in contacts,

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

I think we need more input from @Sanjay then. Can you please share the prl and the steps you followed to push it?

@ Sanjay - does your SMS shows all the names in contact also do you get names in all the calls

What is the number format you have kept in contacts,

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Save number starting with 0xxxxxxxxx to display name from contact in SMS.

I think we need more input from @Sanjay then. Can you please share the prl and the steps you followed to push it?

Just try to change prlpushflag to true in carrier.plist using plist editor, donot touch anything else(otherwise it will invalidate the signature) in this file to push PRL without commcenter patch.

Edited by @v@nit

@Genius, this is a problem I had not seen as this phone is being used by my son. Well in calls as well as sms number is displayed but the saved contact's name is not displayed. Same in the case of incoming calls also. He has contacts saved but the name does not appear when receiving incoming calls or texts.

@ Majrul, Basically I am a noob :-). If i remember correctly I just registered the meid and *228 and the talk and text started. Infact it was after a month or so that I loaded the reliance evdo prl 5 ( the one sadik bhai has put up on rimweb). For that I patched the commcentre and copied prl using disaid and then pushed the prlpushflag on powered off poweron then turned the flag on and again rebooted.

@ @v@nit, i tried saving contacts with 0 as prefix with 0091 as prefix and the caller name does not reflect at all in the incoming calls or texts.

Sorry just now I saw the message i sent him earlier today has been received in his cell in my name and not number so something has happened in the right direction but how and why I dont know. If anybody has any thoughts or wants me to do some experiments with Iphones, I am more than willing I have both verizon and sprint iphone registered and working on reliance presently.

Some screenshots would help.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

The number has to be correct. It can be with + or 0 or 0091. It would show up.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Update. saved contacts with +91xxxxxxxxxx. Now incoming calls show caller id name but sms still not showing name. Outgoings also ok, was afraid Reliance cdma will not dial +91 saved numbers (in android it does not) but iphone dials properly.

Have tried changing sms prefix in carrier.plist also but nothing changes.

Any other suggestions?

Even my friend had this problem so he has kept 2 number formats in same name.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Yes, for Calls Save number with +91xxxxxxxxxx format and for SMS 0xxxxxxxxxx format. Mean in same contact same number two times you need to save with diffrent prefix.

Edited by @v@nit

@Genius and @ @@nit, That worked perfectly, thanks guys for your help.

Till iOS 3 all carrier.plist was Unsigned / via Testing Hack in iTunes, but as many users start using illegal tether, carriers started bugging Apple to make carrier.plist unhackable.

After iOS 4.0, carrier.list’s all keys have Signature Data Fields, Every time apple Server pushes this file to iPhone all Fields edited is hashed with there Private key and Public key in iOS devices with its UDID verifies it and if it verified then only the Data in that Keys is uploaded to Base band or other OS parts. Now The Only way out is to bypass verification and allow private Modification.

CommCenter is the part of OS which verifies the Signed object data. and if we can patch it, we can bypass this and use custom carrier.plist for further CDMA Hacking.

Recently Discovered Patches for iOS 5 for A5 (with iPhone 4S devices) is as follows

Here is the CommCenter patch for iOS 5:

CommCenterClassic (iPhone 3GS/4 and iPad/iPad2 - Infineon base band):

@8F910 (file offset @8E910) 0x3046-> 0x0120

(Patch to be done on CommCenterClassic)

CommCenter (iPhone 4S -0 QualComm base band):

@A2AA8 (file offset A1AA8) 0x3046-> 0x0120

(Patch to be done on CommCenter)

• Upload Patched CommCenter to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
  • ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter
  • chmod +x /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

Still is is work to be done and discussed in air every thing can be clear only after. Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 on A5 Hardware is Available

I did the same for my IPHONE4 version 5.1 but not able to send SMS through reliance CDMA network.

I am having the same problem with my iphone 4 version 5.1 did the above mentioned steps but no suceess.

unable to send message

^ was trying sending SMS using contact list (Which contains number in +91xxxxxxxxxx format) on My iPhone 4S on reliance CDMA and it was failing, but when typed same number directly in SMS app in 0xxxxxxxxxx format then SMS went through.