Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

I am looking for a wifi pocket router - supporting 3G/EVDO/LAN/cable

Lava W150 is a good option - caters all my need.

1. any good deal ?

2. does anyone use it with Reliance/Tata/BSNL/MTS OMH RUIM & ZTE AC2746/2766 (MTS dongles) ? Any issues with such set up ?

I need to buy a ADSL WiFi router for MTNL Broadband connection.

Had sold off my extra ADSL wifi router just 2 weeks back ! - - thinking that my Tata broadband will be shifted to Bandra (E), but Tata says they don't have technical feasibility in my building.

So had to get a new MTNL broadband connection which strangely comes without WiFi router (even though I had selected type IV wireless CPE while booking)

So I need a router which is easy to configure for MTNL and most importantly has Good wifi range - across 1-2 walls.

Are any of these good: TP-LINK , BUFFALO (this one seems to configure itself automatically on selecting ISP as MTNL)

or D-LINK (this is the model i had & sold off i think - it was pretty good but above two are cheaper and have better 'looks' /brand)

Had sold off my extra ADSL wifi router just 2 weeks back !  - - thinking that my Tata broadband will be shifted to Bandra (E), but Tata says they don't have technical feasibility in my building.

So had to get a new MTNL broadband connection which strangely comes without WiFi router (even though I had selected type IV wireless CPE while booking)

So I need a router which is easy to configure for MTNL and most importantly has Good wifi range - across 1-2 walls.

Are any of these good: TP-LINK  ,  BUFFALO (this one seems to configure itself automatically on selecting ISP as MTNL)

or  D-LINK  (this is the model i had & sold off i think - it was pretty good but above two are cheaper and have better 'looks' /brand)

Go for tplink w8968

It has ewan port as well as adsl modem so one device does all...

You can sell off mtnl adsl cpe n use this one..

EWAN port ensures that you can use it as router too with other modems (even your mtnl adsl modem too) or when you shift to Cable Internet.

This is available for around 2200 on eBay less 7.5% coupon

This is fk link

http://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-300-mbps-wireless-n-usb-adsl2-modem-router/p/itmdggsyph7ytbfx

Disclaimer : I've never used this particular modem but already using couple of other tplink routers n they all are working great...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I've bought Lava W200 for 1545 INR from HS18

I am looking for a wifi pocket router - supporting 3G/EVDO/LAN/cable

Lava W150 is a good option - caters all my need.

1. any good deal ?

2. does anyone use it with Reliance/Tata/BSNL/MTS OMH RUIM & ZTE AC2746/2766 (MTS dongles) ? Any issues with such set up ?

Any smartphone with

1GHz dual core processor

1GB RAM

8GB internal memory

4 - 4.5 inch display

Android 4.0 +

??

Had sold off my extra ADSL wifi router just 2 weeks back ! - - thinking that my Tata broadband will be shifted to Bandra (E), but Tata says they don't have technical feasibility in my building.

Are any of these good: TP-LINK , BUFFALO (this one seems to configure itself automatically on selecting ISP as MTNL)

or D-LINK (this is the model i had & sold off i think - it was pretty good but above two are cheaper and have better 'looks' /brand)

Hi, for Mumbai MTNL ADSL, I have found the Asus DSL-N10E to be the most reliable. It also has good range & low power consumption. It is available for between 1800 to 2000 bucks at Lam road or online too. I have tried the Dlink & TPlink ones also. But I find this to be the most stable.

Though not the cheapest offer out there, you can check out Flipkart reviews here:-

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-dsl-n10e-wireless-n150-adsl-modem-router/p/itmd7xkfs6hyzmnq?pid=RTRD7XKFRCZH8TE4&icmpid=reco_pp_hSame_router_3#read-reviews

• Like 1

If anybody using iMac 21.5. Here is the hardware to convert it touch both Osx and windows.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310678806223&ssPageName=ADME:L:PMR:IN:1123#ht_9049wt_802
It costs 49+124 euro.

I ordered and installed on iMacs. Now my iMacs became touch enabled. If any clarifications required please pm me

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I am looking for MotherBoard & Processor combo.

probability AMD FX6300 or Intel I3. I already have GTX 470 graphic card; I want to rebuild my HTPC for playing 3D and HD movies on my Plasma TV using HDMI;

can you please suggest me any good deals or other alternative for it?

RM, all,

Want to buy an android tablet screen can be between 7-10.1" with 3G must and voice calling a bonus but not must. Looking for galaxy note and nexus ranges. Indian/imported whatever is the best value. Please advise.

Rajanji and other members, looking to buy a printer for home.Basic usage is kids worksheets and school stuffs tobe printed along with occasional my office stuffs.Was looking to buy 3in1 for print scan and copy option printers.

Now inject printers are around 4 to 5ks where as laser ones are way costly.

Inject printers has this problem of ink getting dry up, is that too much of an issue with inject printers if not used that frequent cause i havent used injekt printers ever.My factory has laser ones so do suggest the better one to buy and deals for the same.

Rajanji and other members, looking to buy a printer for home.Basic usage is kids worksheets and school stuffs tobe printed along with occasional my office stuffs.Was looking to buy 3in1 for print scan and copy option printers.

Now inject printers are around 4 to 5ks where as laser ones are way costly.

Inject printers has this problem of ink getting dry up, is that too much of an issue with inject printers if not used that frequent cause i havent used injekt printers ever.My factory has laser ones so do suggest the better one to buy and deals for the same.

Vijay Ji If your looking for 3 in 1 basic printers have a look at HP 1050 value for money.I have it ink wont dry up if you dont use it regularly I use it for odd prints one or two per month the dummy/trail cartridges give you a 70-80 pages of print and can be easily refilled too.Cheapest I found on Shop clues was Rs.3445.

http://www.shopclues.com/hp-deskjet-1050-j410a-multifunction-inkjet-printer-en-2.html

If you are looking for single purpose printers i.e print only Samsung ML series are pretty good

http://www.shopclues.com/samsung-ml1676-laserjet-printer-with-bill-and-warranty-..html

Have a look at both

Hi Friends,

probability AMD FX6300 or Intel I3. I already have GTX 470 graphic card; I want to rebuild my HTPC for playing 3D and HD movies on my Plasma TV using HDMI;

Hi.

For HTPC, even an Intel G2010 will work 100% great. No need to buy i3. I am using it in my HTPC and it plays 40GB Blu-Ray ISOs with HD-Audio (DTS-HD-MA, Dolby True-HD) effortlessly (with HD6450 graphics card). I have chosen a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard because I wanted SATA-3 (6 gbps) and USB 3.0 ports otherwise a Gigabyte GA-H61M motherboard should have been fine.

Sorry no idea about AMD processors & motherboards except AMD E350N Motherboard+Processor fusion which is ideal low powered, low cost solution for HTPC. It even plays HD-Audio.

By the way, GTX 470 does not support HD-Audio (DTS-HD-MA, Dolby True-HD). You have to be content with downsampled LPCM or DD/DTS. It should only bother you if you have lots of media with HD-Audio.

Edited by mgdelhi

Hi Friends,

Hi.

For HTPC, even an Intel G2010 will work 100% great. No need to buy i3. I am using it in my HTPC and it plays 40GB Blu-Ray ISOs with HD-Audio (DTS-HD-MA, Dolby True-HD) effortlessly (with HD6450 graphics card). I have chosen a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard because I wanted SATA-3 (6 gbps) and USB 3.0 ports otherwise a Gigabyte GA-H61M motherboard should have been fine.

Sorry no idea about AMD processors & motherboards except AMD E350N Motherboard+Processor fusion which is ideal low powered, low cost solution for HTPC. It even plays HD-Audio.

By the way, GTX 470 does not support HD-Audio (DTS-HD-MA, Dolby True-HD). You have to be content with downsampled LPCM or DD/DTS. It should only bother you if you have lots of media with HD-Audio.

Thanks Mukesh,

I have one more query, I have used my i3 (Second Generation) laptop to play 3D-HD movies via HDMI cable ; but it was not as smooth as with my old 7 year desktop AMD X2 4400 (2.3 GHz) with GTX470 GPU.

Will Pentium 2010 will have enough muscles to place such kind of media?

AMD E350 is also around 6 K with 4 GB RAM; price wise it will be similar to Pentium 2010.

have you notice any clarity in movie payback with respect to NVidia GTX470 vs ATI vs Intel on board?

I am not much concerned about True-HD as my TV does not support it (Panasonic VT-20-PD50). Probably in future I might upgrade to decent HT system.

can you please let me know cost of motherboard, CPU and graphics card you are having? Reason for upgrade is my Mother board went bad ; it does not detect my GPU;

However it works fine without GPU; but it cannot play movies as smooth as required (with onboard Nvidia chipset). So I have planned to upgrade it. my budget is 10K . I can extend by if I am able to sale my GPU.

Thanks in Advance

Pawandeep

Thanks

Pawandeep

Thanks Mukesh,

I have one more query, I have used my i3 (Second Generation) laptop to play 3D-HD movies via HDMI cable ; but it was not as smooth as with my old 7 year desktop AMD X2 4400 (2.3 GHz) with GTX470 GPU.

Will Pentium 2010 will have enough muscles to place such kind of media?

I am using G2010 and its awesome. Absolutely butter smooth. Maybe your laptop's onboard graphics is the culprit.

AMD E350 is also around 6 K with 4 GB RAM; price wise it will be similar to Pentium 2010.

AMD E350 (intergrated MB+CPU) is cheaper @4.1k. whereas G2010 + Motherboard will be around 6.4k. RAM (4GB DDR3) is extra in both option @2k approx.

have you notice any clarity in movie payback with respect to NVidia GTX470 vs ATI vs Intel on board?

Never used GTX470.

I am not much concerned about True-HD as my TV does not support it (Panasonic VT-20-PD50). Probably in future I might upgrade to decent HT system.

can you please let me know cost of motherboard, CPU and graphics card you are having?

http://www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

(You will need to add 5% VAT to the price mentioned)

Hope it helps. :)

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 1

Guys what's the review of epson M100 ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rajan bhai looking for best point and shoot camera up to 10k or thereabouts.

Have shortlisted the below.

Bridge cameras

Panasonic lz20 http://www.flipkart.com/m/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lz20-point-shoot/p/itmddht37jrrgsph?pid=CAMDDHSTCEKPEZQG&otracker=browse&pageNum=1

Sony h100 http://www.flipkart.com/m/sony-dsc-h100-point-shoot/p/itmddzq3znfydh6h?pid=CAMDDZQ2JNVKZYYW&otracker=browse&pageNum=1

Sony h200 http://www.flipkart.com/m/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-h200-point-shoot/p/itmdgb8ahbbsmgrt?pid=CAMDGB57UEQ5TXVN&otracker=browse&pageNum=1

Fuji s4500 http://www.flipkart.com/m/fujifilm-s4500-point-shoot/p/itmdaswphhp6wahg?pid=CAMDASW9P6UXD4SG&otracker=browse&pageNum=2

With li ion battery

Nikon s9200 http://www.flipkart.com/m/nikon-coolpix-s9200-point-shoot/p/itmd72tnbfyzfg3b?pid=CAMD72TJZKKPAVHY&otracker=browse&pageNum=2

Nikon s9300 http://www.flipkart.com/m/nikon-coolpix-s9300-point-shoot/p/itmd72tnh6fphsh8?pid=CAMD72TJ3HUTRX2H&otracker=browse&pageNum=2

Nikon s8200 http://www.flipkart.com/m/nikon-coolpix-s8200-point-shoot/p/itmdfm5qayq5edzc?pid=CAMDFM5ZNZYGAGZF&otracker=browse&pageNum=5

My thinking is to save some money and go for the Panasonic lz20 or compare between Sony h100 and Fuji s4500 they are similarly priced. I am not a big fan of li ion batteries but included the Nikon ones as they are pocket able. Camera will also be used outdoors on trekking trips so I prefer alkaline batteries and sturdy cameras.

Any suggestions please. And any best price for the Panasonic, Sony and Fuji online.

It is a bit urgent. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

^ ^ ^

Among the shortlist, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ20 looks great VFM.
Compared to Flipkart price of Rs 8,299, it is available on Amazon India for Rs 7,605 (After 10% Off discount applied at checkout for sold by JJMEHTA & fulfilled by Amazon order - Only 1 left in stock!) >> http://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-DMC-LZ20-16-1MP-Point--Digital/dp/B00AAAHRUG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375040884&sr=1-2
  • Like 1

Hi please suggest a basic dual sim mobile similar to nokia 101.

I need good network bigger battery clear voice.

Hello all

I am looking for a CDMA data card to use while in roaming. I dont want to go for any network locked pieces like tata photon+ or reliance net connect.

Is there any dongle available in market that supports cdma sim (or uim). I am sorry if my question seems foolish, as this will be the first time I will be using cdma technology.

Also I would like to know if tata or reliance allow us to use their cdma sim on data card with internet?

Thank you

^^^

Check out forums accessories post, Mr vahid is offering unlocked data card to be used with RUIM

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

Guys, Need suggestion How is Reliance CDMA EVDO Data Card ?

Is it worth to buy...Mandatory EVDO Speed..not 1x

I am looking for 2 phones with a budget of Rs. 25000 (total for both) . Condition is that they should work for GSM carriers in UK (london)

1 for normal use and other for a heavy gamer

Through google search I have shortlisted Micromax Canvas HD and Spice Mi-535 Pinnacle

Wanted to know if these would work in UK and Can I better my choice of phones in the given budget ?

Hi guys,

Need suggestion on purchasing 2tb External Hard disk.

Following were the options i got in ebay/flipkart.

1.Seagate Expansion 2TB- 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive USB 3.0

2.Samsung 2 TB External Harddrive D3 Station

3.Seagate Backup Plus 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop

4.Western Digital WD My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0

Lowest price was for Samsung, But i do not actually have any reviews on that product please let me know if some one has used the same.

But if i go with brand name then i have WD or segate but slightly high price

Please suggest on the options i had short listed or any others also.

i am looking at around 5 to 6 k price range. (With external power supply is OK)

Look in the deals thread, Toshiba for INR4999 is the best VFM.

• Like 1

How is the performance of toshiba hard disk? Anyone using the same?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4