Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

HI

Going to buy new pocket wifi router which one is best small in size and support CDMA EVDO and GSM 3G

:help:

Sorry not add-- Need SIM/OMH Support

Use HAME since 1 year . Worked nicely.

Thanks

Hi Rajan and all,

Please suggest a tablet with following

- 3G must

- Voice calling must, single SIM ok

- Android 4.0 and up

- expandable memory

- 7" and up, the bigger the better

- up to 7K

- 1.2-1.5GHz Mali A9 seems to be the generic GPU in this price range, minimum 1.5 GHz and up

- 512MB RAM would do, anything better if possible most welcome

- will be used by elderly person with main usage of accessing E-Mails, ppts, browsing

^ ^ ^

ICE Xtreme Pro - Royal Edition - Official Tablet of Rajasthan Royals!
Official Product Page website >> http://www.icexelectronics.com/shop/ice-xtreme-pro/
  • 7" 1024x600 5 point multitouch display
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • 1GB RAM, 8GB Built in storage, 32GB expandable
  • ARM Cortex-A9 Dual Core, 1.0 GHz
  • Dual SIM with 3G calling
  • Bluetooth, GPS
  • 2MP Rear & Front VGA Camera
  • Like 4

Deal hunter extraordinaire

Or PhD Passionate hunter of Deals

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 2

Deal hunter extraordinaire

Perfect Name

Hi friends,

Today my little daughter broke my phone so I am now looking to buy a new phone. I am also fine buying a 2nd hand phone with original bill if it is in mint condition.

Please advice

Price <=10K

GSM

Dual sim preferred

HSPDA/3G etc...

Android

GPS/A-GPS

4-5" with good display

It will be great if the phone performance is good and stable i.e. does not hang much. Please also suggest any good deal.

I looked at ebay deals/shopclues..etc but not sure about the quality hence the request.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Edited by nitinmukesh123

Check Lenovo phones in your budget

They are quite aggressive in pricing n quality is really good

I just purchased Lenovo 7 inch tab n harpy with quality

You won't regret

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nitin ji you should have a look for Panasonic T11. Jellybean, 5MP Camera, 1GB Ram, Dual Sim, 4 " screen, 4GB Internal Memory. Read some good reviews about this handset.

Available around 9000 in retail market.

http://m.gsmarena.com/panasonic_t11-5769.php

• Like 1

Thank you Hitesh and Rishabh for your valuable inputs.

@Hitesh

I have heard that Lenovo customer service is very bad even for corporate customers. (i.e. what I have been told by couple of friends).

I am now thinking of trying Windows OS now as I already have Tab 3 at home so its better I try any Nokia mobile with Win OS. Please suggest.

you can try nokia lumia 625 its was available for approx 12k online few days back.

but remember if you want to go with nokia windows 8 mobile no dual sim option.

• Like 1

Thanks Aditya.

I am also thinking of getting this mobile. Now search start for a good online deal.

instead of nokia lumia 625, have a look at nokia 822 on our forum,

only you wont get bill and warranty,

• Like 1

@nitinmukesh123

If you want to stick to android, Sony Xperia M Dual fulfills all your needs.

Perhaps Dual SIM android with best specs in this budget from top tier brand.

1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual Core Processor, Adreno 305, Android Jelly Bean, 4" Scratch resistant display, 1GB RAM, Micro SD Slot, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS

(Should be even cheaper if Ebay 7/7.5% discount coupon can be applied)

• Like 4

Thanks Hitesh and Rajan.

@Rajan ji

Thank you, this is a good phone and fulfill all what I was looking for. I am now willing to try Windows OS on mobile so I want to try Nokia now. Hope they still maintain the quality of hardware. I had Nokia N70 and it worked very well for almost 4 years even though it fall several times.

^^^^

Nokia making quality hardware??? That was some years back, my friend... I can say E71 was their last high quality phone.. Even the E90 was plagued with soo many issues like uneven rubber feets, low quality mics, not working secondary cam, cr@ppy paint job, etc... It stayed in service centre more than in my hands...

Please DO NOT ask about low end phones too.. All friends might have seen people who bought C2-00 (their first REAL DualSIM phone) talking by holding the phone at backside on their ears. Lower end phones had very very bad earphone problems. X1 had good earphones and speakers but it has THE WORST network coverage, afaik...

Nowadays I am using Motorola phones (RazrMAXX, RazrMAXX_HD) and their build quality and battery life is second to none... The only problem is their military grade encrypted bootloaders, but I have unlocked BL of MaxxHD and used SafeStrap Recovery in OG_MAXX for sometime...

WP phones are already --- OK, leave it... But if you are adamant in trying WP, you are left with no other choice than Nokia... Good luck...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2

Oops I wasn't aware of that. So I think I should go for high end phones or stick with android where there are more options.

^^^^

If 10000 is your budget, then its better to stretch a bit more to 12.5k and go with Rajan ji's suggestion... Paying 12 to 13k for SONY's DualSIM phone is still cheaper and more convenient than getting one cheapest Nokia Lumia (with very small RAM) + another basic phone, imho...

agreed. Actually budget is not much of a problem if needed I can shell out around 20-25K but since I have little kid at home I don't want to take risk of new mobile getting damaged hence I am looking for phone with good hardware which should not broke easily unlike Samsung which stops working (experienced twice)

Edited by nitinmukesh123
  • Like 1

agreed. Actually budget is not much of a problem if needed I can shell out around 20-25K but since I have little kid at home I don't want to take risk of new mobile getting damaged hence I am looking for phone with good hardware which should not broke easily unlike Samsung which stops working (experienced twice)

If you can stretch your budget n need rugged phone with awesome specs, Check Motorola with hetal bhai

Razr or razr m or razr hd as per your budget

All above phones are gsm / cdma

Only warranty would be lacking.. But you'll hardly need it...

^ ^ ^

Ummm... When did Razr / Razr M / Razr HD became rugged phones? Rugged phones is a different category altogether. Based on relevant IP certification, they would survive shocks, falls from upto certain height, waterproof when submerged under water for certain period, touch on display may work even with wet hands, dustproof etc. AFAIK, Razr series at the most has only spill resistance due to coating (Not waterproof) and no other characteristic of rugged phones.
In any case as nitinmukesh mentioned if the problem is kids, we don't have a kidproof phone invented yet. :NOTriste:
They can break / take apart even the most rugged phone!
If he can't resist kids playing with his phone, practical solution for nitinmukesh would be to buy two same phones of 12.5K each & give one to kid instead of spending Rs 25,000 on single phone! Then they want touch his phone & it will be SAFE! :grin:

^^^^^

No Rajan ji... It will not be that much simple... They will first break the phone given to them and then come to their father's phone... Simply put, there is NO such thing called Kids proof phone, imho...

• Like 1

I completely agree. I gave my other mobile which was earlier broken by my daughter and she does not play with that mobile. So now I have 2 broken mobile in 3 months. I know that there are no kids proof mobiles but atleast they should not broke just with a small drop this is what I experienced with Samsung mobiles.

I am thinking of getting repaired my Nokia N70 (only display is not working) and give it to my daughter for playing and buy myself a new phone. :)

Edited by nitinmukesh123

^ ^ ^

Ummm... When did Razr / Razr M / Razr HD became rugged phones? Rugged phones is a different category altogether. Based on relevant IP certification, they would survive shocks, falls from upto certain height, waterproof when submerged under water for certain period, touch on display may work even with wet hands, dustproof etc. AFAIK, Razr series at the most has only spill resistance due to coating (Not waterproof) and no other characteristic of rugged phones.

In any case as nitinmukesh mentioned if the problem is kids, we don't have a kidproof phone invented yet.  :NOTriste:

They can break / take apart even the most rugged phone!

If he can't resist kids playing with his phone, practical solution for nitinmukesh would be to buy two same phones of 12.5K each & give one to kid instead of spending Rs 25,000 on single phone! Then they want touch his phone & it will be SAFE!  :grin:

My point was ruggedness not as per iso but compared to other phones discussed above ie Samsung or Nokia Lumia

May be also u could get yourself a costly albeit high degree protection cover like an otterbox. Bit bulky and huge but does save from many drops and rough usage. Gives you peace of mind.

Hi all,

I want a basic android phone sub 5K for my cousin. This phone mainly will be used as a Hotspot. SO I guess good battery backup is needed.

Kindly suggest me with a good deal on it.

Thanks!!