Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

I need to buy one cheap cordless landline phone for use with MTNL.

Took the line for MTNL Broadband but now wife uses the landline sometimes.

How is this (Panasonic KX-TG3611SXB for Rs 1.8K flipkart)

or this (Uniden Cordless for Rs 1.5K ebay)

or this (Panasonic KX-TG3611SX for Rs 2.5K ebay) ?

OR, for 2.6K this one says it will work with Skype and Landline Both ! (through Wifi)

Is that good ? Will that work with Google Voice number also ? (which Mr Gurugopal got for me ! )

Edited by ami1

MODS : If this topic is not relevant here, kindly move it to relevant one with a title, as I am unable to find anything related. However, it is very useful.

Objective : If you have datacard like ec122 (cdma unlocked) or any other GSM Based dongle & want to use that datacard's internet on your other device like phone / tablet you can do it if you have basic wifi router..

As such there are Three options below:

1) Make a virtual hot-spot (ad-hoc wireless connection) & share your Datacard's internet connection by Win7 hotspot. Problem, so far I know, Android device don't connect to Ad-hoc network. I had blackberry in past, which used to get connected.

2) Buy something like this (http://goo.gl/nGLKgL) << A kind of MiFi device, which creates a wifi hotspot with your datacard.

But, this one will require extra spending on top of datacard. In addition to that, range will not be too good considering typical requirement portable wifi device caters to.

3) Relay your internet connection (from Datacard) through your wifi router. (Assuming you already have one, as compare to datacard and portable wifi device, normal wifi routers are more prevalent).

I won't do any copy/paste job, so here you go >> http://goo.gl/MnSdMT

I have been able to connect my datacard (huawei ec122 cdma unlocked) with my D-link router (DIR-524) on Win7-64 bit.

And it works perfectly.

Best, thing about this method 3 is range & wifi signal strength. I have used win7 connection in past, & signal strength was major issue, when encountered a wall or two. I have not tried portable router, so can't compare, but now who needs it anyways :)

Solutions for 1 & 2 also exist in case it is the only option.

For 1, there are software's like ConnectyFly / Virtual Router, which I had tried in past, but was not able to connect android phone (guess, I may have not set it up correctly). But, even in that case, range will be limited by your laptop's wifi hardware capability.

For 2, If requirement is similar & above technical things don't really suit you, you can consider Tp-link as well (http://goo.gl/ELZcjk).

The simple way to create your own laptop a wifi hotspot that can be connected from any Android smartphone is 'SeventhGate' after using various softwares(including Connectify, Virtual Router, etc.,), I found this little piece of open source software which works perfectly in my Dell laptop(which are known to be very problematic with regards to Wifi drivers). It creates a WPA2 connection so you needn't worry about it being able to use with Android devices. It's very simple software & works really well. Although the range can be limited by the Wifi adapter of your laptop.

• Like 2

I want to change my keyboard mouse.. Presently using logitech mk320 since 2 yrs..

Its wireless combo n i used it heavily since 3 yrs

But now need some upgrade as keys have become hard.. You can say it's more of a khujli..

I checked lot of models but only keyboard that got my attention was apple keyboard. I would have bought wireless but i need numeric pad so i have shortlisted wired..

Pl guide me on :

1. Is it really worth its price @ 2600 (on amazon.in). I understand it's an apple product n would be excellent in quality.. But will it survive my heavy use?

2. I use win 8. Will it work properly on win 8? I use win key as well as ctrl n alt a lot

3. Any things to note or any other recommendations?

For mouse, I'll find some wired mouse in local market. Wireless is not necessary.. Any deal wud be appreciated. Price is not an issue is the product deserves the price..

Edit : how about tvse gold mechanical usb keyboard over apple? Tvse is available @1950/- or Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 available @3400/-

Tia

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by hiteshkkk1

For heavy use, typing comfort (low operating force to register keystroke), durability (Upto 50 million keystrokes per switch), membrane based keyboard are no match for mechanical keyboard. TVSE gold mechanical keyboard is a legend, works for years & has many followers till today.

• Like 3

<p>i have also been using TVS gold in office for past 3 years. </p><p>nothing matches it. i have worked for long durations without any hard feelings about typing..</p>

• Like 1

I am likely to finalize tvse.. Just want to make sure it's length... It should not be more than 17 inch.. I can't find it online.. If someone can pl check n post, I'll be thankful

Edited by hiteshkkk1

I am likely to finalize tvse.. Just want to make sure it's length... It should not be more than 17 inch.. I can't find it online.. If someone can pl check n post, I'll be thankful

its 490mm = 19.2913 inch

but if you can make 2.30 inch space on your desk, you will have a all comforts of typing !

and might have some irritation due to typing noise :P

I still love this keyboard due to its noise and comforts !

• Like 1

Actually i mistook my required dimension .. My existing was 470mm n this is 490 so hardly a inch more

So finally ordered on cod @ 1850 from below link

https://www.nikishop.com/Product/2873/Computer-Parts/Keyboard/USB-Keyboards/TVS-e-Bharat-Gold-USB-Keyboard

I need to buy one cheap cordless landline phone for use with MTNL.

Took the line for MTNL Broadband but now wife uses the landline sometimes.

How is this (Panasonic KX-TG3611SXB for Rs 1.8K flipkart)

or this (Uniden Cordless for Rs 1.5K ebay)

or this (Panasonic KX-TG3611SX for Rs 2.5K ebay) ?

OR, for 2.6K this one says it will work with Skype and Landline Both ! (through Wifi)

Is that good ? Will that work with Google Voice number also ? (which Mr Gurugopal got for me ! )

Last one do not work for google voice. If you want to enjoy both google voice and as well as land line, Better to go for OBI110 cupeled with dual line corless landline phone.

Have decided to buy Sony Bravia KLV-24R422A Rajana our CID require some good deal for the this. Currently chepest i am able to find is on Shop clues for 16160.00.

:Hitesh: when you have time if you can help in below as well

CCTV one with a coverage of 6ft * 8ft other with 6ft*15ft

4) My 7year old Haier TV has been out of service for few days now. Planning to buy 24 Inch toshiba LED (as in previous post have seen all confirm thosiba is better). Price difference between Samsung 5 serious is not much is it safe to buy samsung as can be serviced more widely.

Also for a viewing distance of 6ft 24 inch is ok or is there a scope for size to go up further like 29 or 32 Inch.

Please can all help me to chose the above and also provide any good deals links.

Have decided to buy Sony Bravia KLV-24R422A Rajana our CID require some good deal for the this. Currently chepest i amable to find is on Shop clues for 16160.00.

You can go for 32 inch. By paying just Rs 539 more for the cost of your shortlisted 24 inch, you can get 32 inch LED with 3 year manufacturer warranty instead.

AOC LE 32A3520/61 32 Inches LED Television at Rs 16,699 >> http://www.snapdeal.com/product/aoc-le-32a352061-32-inches/1365580?pos=0;15

4) My 7year old Haier TV has been out of service for few days now. Planning to buy 24 Inch toshiba LED (as in previous post have seen all confirm thosiba is better). Price difference between Samsung 5 serious is not much is it safe to buy samsung as can be serviced more widely.

Also for a viewing distance of 6ft 24 inch is ok or is there a scope for size to go up further like 29 or 32 Inch.

Please can all help me to chose the above and also provide any good deals links.

Have decided to buy Sony Bravia KLV-24R422A Rajana our CID require some good deal for the this. Currently chepest i amable to find is on Shop clues for 16160.00.

You can go for 32 inch. By paying just Rs 539 more for the cost of your shortlisted 24 inch, you can get 32 inch LED with 3 year manufacturer warranty instead.

AOC LE 32A3520/61 32 Inches LED Television at Rs 16,699 >> http://www.snapdeal.com/product/aoc-le-32a352061-32-inches/1365580?pos=0;15

rajan ji viewing distance will be arounf 5-6ft, will 32 inch be not big??

not sure about 40" but 32" is ok for viewing distance of 6 ft.

@PKC

for that size you can go with 540TVL dome camera with IR (IR for night vision)

They will cost from 1400 to 3500 (depends on brand)

For DVR you can go with 4 channel stand alone DVR for local viewing. cost approx 3000

same dvr with internet view function will cost around 3500+.

Above DVR will have local out put from VGA our and from BNC out.

you can use any PC monitor or any old/new TV for this.

If you can spend half a day, will suggest you to roam around lamination road, you will get best deals there.

For cable you can take 4+1 cable , here 2 cable are for power +ve and -ve, and remaining two can be spare or can be used for mice.

and one cable with shield is used to transport video signals to DVR.

also dont go for SMPS power supply for camera, just buy two 1amp 12v power adapters.

they will be around 250 each.

so your budget will be as follows

1- DVR with net view = 3500

2- Dome Camera = 1800x2 = 3600

3- Cable depends on distance between DVR and camera, approx 20Mtr = 20x15 = 300

4- BNC connectors = 25x4 = 100

5- BNC to RCA cable = 50 (for connecting existing TV)

6- cabling labour 1000 approx.

7- Hard Drive 1TB = 3500

Total approx 12050

2nd option is only for online view, Local view with PC, storage on cloud on SD card, [iP Camera]

you can find many online or offline deals for this.

Tp-link, D-Link , digi com these are few companies available in market for IP camera.

you can get them from 5500 to 15000 each. depending on functions.

I will suggest you to go with option -1 as it will have 1TB of image storage , Local view without PC,

Also you can customize in above configuration, camera I have suggested is entry level camera,

you can china make camera for 1000rs also,

and few branded cameras with same config are for 5k.

Hard drive is only for recording, that can be added later. (3.5k saved), but not recommended .

Also there are many options for DVR, Rs 3500 DVR is entry level china re-branded by Indian seller.

For Camera / DVR you can prefer Hikvision, CP Plus,

Also you can go with china DVR, they are reliable with basic functions.

But dont go for China camera.

for you best place is Lamination market or Manish Market.

• Like 2

Hitesh Bhai cant thanks you enough for the above detailed post. Need to understand word by word and will action accordingly. Will let you know if i dont understand or need a bit further information.

Last one do not work for google voice. If you want to enjoy both google voice and as well as land line, Better to go for OBI110 cupeled with dual line corless landline phone.

No hold on please

GV will not work with Obi or any third party apps like landline ones that use XMPP after 15 May because Google is shutting down that API due to merging GV with Hangouts - one can still use GV via the native Hangouts app though

Please check carefully before buying anything till then

• Like 1

Hi,

Looking for a Wireless Router for Office Internet Connection. Office Area is around 1800 Sq.ft. ADSL Router connection is required.

Budget: Max. 2500.

Looking for a Good Quality Long Lasting routers.

Pls. give your suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi,

Looking for a Wireless Router for Office Internet Connection. Office Area is around 1800 Sq.ft. ADSL Router connection is required.

Thanks,

Go for tp-link 3420 with 2 antena.you can use with usb dongle also.

http://www.tp-link.in/products/details/?model=TL-MR3420

• Like 2

U

Hi,

Thanks,

HE require adsl connection so your suggestions is no useless to him..

You suggested him wireless router...

Op need adsl+router...

Just buy tp-link td-W8968...

Available on snapdeal for 2288...

all online retailer have v1 available with them but buy v2 which is available to all local seller for same price...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Edited by Manoj Patel
  • Like 1

U

Hi,

Thanks,

Op need adsl+router...

all online retailer have v1 available with them but buy v2 which is available to all local seller for same price...

Don't buy this w8968 for usb..i m regretting.. Usb dongles support is limited to hardly 2 or 3 models..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^ Yes TP-Link TD-W8968 (h/w ver 2) is really good. I am finally getting Wifi through out the house. Tried 3 different model/makes before this.

I bought it from ebay due to this v1 / v2 issue as the ebay seller confirmed its v2. (v1 has lower power antenna while v2 has higher power)

Here's the link from where I purchased

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

U

Hi,

Thanks,

Op need adsl+router...

Don't buy this w8968 for usb..i m regretting.. Usb dongles support is limited to hardly 2 or 3 models..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

His input is adsl so it's quite good choice for him...

New year has stared with some stuff requirement's need all senior members to help on the below need:

1) Looking to buy 1TB or 2TB external HD. Any good deals primary purpose will to use this as backup HD.

2) Looking for a all in printer. Main purpose will to take photo prints. Budget as of now is 5K can streach a bit if getting a better product with better deal.

3) At my dad's shop need to install CCTV camera have no idea in this area. It will need camera with storage and should be able to connect to tv for live feed. No idea in this field so need experts helps.

To give an update on the above have purchased item no 4 TV from Shopclues:

http://www.shopclues.com/sony-r402a-bravia-tv.html

Dad need a Sony this was the best deal available, product delivered and installed.

With the help of hitesh bhai have been able to finalise my CCTV setup from HIKVISION, below are the best deals available offline:

4 Channel DVR : 3400 + 12.69% tax Link

2 600 TVL IR Dome Camera : 1850 + 12.69% tax Link

Was able to find online for 4100+100 (Shipping) http://www.shopclues.com/hikvision-dvr.html have a coupon code for 300 so final cost will be 3900

The best for 600 TVL IR Dome online is http://www.shopclues.com/cctv-ir-dome-camera-hikvision-1.htmll no coupon code for these. Difference in camera cost is higher so thinking and going to purchase from local market.

For Internal HDD 2TB best deal currently is on Amazon for 6269/- (Link)have an SBI card so will get 10% cash back so effective cost is 5643/- and for the external HDD is 1TB is 3,980/- (Link)with cash back will be 3590/-

Rajan Ji and other members are there any better deals available online for the above let me know

Edited by PKC19
  • Like 1