Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

Note 3, htc E8 etc

Want to purchase a phone for my sister. Budget <30k please suggest a good phone.

if you are more specific with respect to purpose usage preferences, you would get better responses

gsm/cdma

calls/data - what is more

screen size - large medium

and so on

Want to purchase a phone for my sister. Budget <30k please suggest a good phone.

if you are more specific with respect to purpose usage preferences, you would get better responses

gsm/cdma

calls/data - what is more

screen size - large medium

and so on

GSM

Single Sim is fine.

Screen Size <5". More suitable for girls to carry.

Good Camera.

My sister likes Xperia Z1, but im looking for some other similar options.

Dont want to buy LG.

i am using IPad Air for the past 10 months. it is superb..

i like to upgrade and also to weight reduction..

whether to Go for IPAD MINI 3 OR SAMSUNG TAB S 8.4.

kindly suggest and help..

thanks..

i am using IPad Air for the past 10 months. it is superb..

i like to upgrade and also to weight reduction..

whether to Go for IPAD MINI 3 OR SAMSUNG TAB S 8.4.

kindly suggest and help..

thanks..

Go for iPad Mini closing your eyes. I have upgraded from iPad 4 to iPad mini2 and no issues.

hi friends need suggestion for phablet / tablet for senior citizen

(gsm mobile data mandatory) in mid Budget range 10K - 15K

requirement to use app like facebook, skype, and easy of use.

primary requirement is to keep in touch with extended family abroad

i am thinking about Redmi Note or Asus phonepad pls any suggestuon

dropping idea of Ipad just due to price. (may be it would have ticked all the requirement)

dropping idea of Ipad just due to price. (may be it would have ticked all the requirement)

just look in this offer. Good one.

http://www.buysellweb.in/forums/topic/37178-for-sale-mintused-samsung-mega-63-cdmagsm/

• Like 2

It's a good option for requirement you described. Now Android 4.4 kitkat update is also available for this model.
  • Like 2

Gopalji, i saw Ankit bhai's offer, already forwarded the link to friend,

got one more good offer on private from dear member, but that was over budget @ 20K

Rajan Sir, CID Saab, thats gr8 deal, but sir there are too many negative review so confused, any one on forum using same. first hand review will be very helpful.

^^^^^

As RedmiNote is also in your list, then you can go for ZTE Grand S-II for Rs13999/- from Amazon link here...

Snapdragon800

2GB RAM

5.5" FHD (1080p) display

2500mAh battery

13MPx camera

16GB storage + card slot

CDMA / GSM (Single SIM -- one at a time)

Android version is 4.2, may be a deal-breaker, though...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

Deepan ji, I don't think so he will care about 4.2 version as trouble free ownership is also on the card as he won't be there if his aunt face any issue with device.. I will be the one who will handle issue. i have given him all the suggestion with all suggested models link lets see what he finalized on. will update you all. thanks friends

Edited by vabs

need a wi-fi router urgently but very confused which one i should buy.

will use it with Spiderlink 2Mbps unlimited broadband they use similar (or same) technology used by Tikona.

below are the points to consider:-

1) wi-fi range should be very high because router will be installed in first floor of my building and it should provide good signal strength upto ground floor and second floor, each floor is approx 1200 sq. ft.

2) many many devices will share same connection ie 7-8 mobiles and 3-4 laptops not all the time but this is max number.

3) where should i install the router??i selected first floor but can change the location.

4) budget is approx 1.5k

5) what else i should look for?? any advice or comment will be very helpful .

thanks in advance.

I am looking to stream movies (3gp / .avi / mpeg etc etc )that i have downloaded to my SD card with my HTC One / xperia tablet Z using google chromecast.

since chromecast is avalible quite cheap on ebay @ Rs 2525 http://www.ebay.in/itm/DOW-Week-49-Google-Chromecast-HDMI-Dongle-Full-HD-Streaming-Media-Player-HDTV-/261703153499?pt=IN_DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item3ceeb9375b

i plan to buy one for myself.

so will i be able to stream movies from my microsd directly to my sony led with chromecast ?

ps Any cheaper options for chromecast , pls let me know.

Is internet is required to operate with Chrome. As per my understanding, I can stream stuffs from my smartphone to LED Tv by switching on wifi of phone and chromecast. Am i right?

If not please explain for the same case. I do not have internet connection at home.

I am looking to stream movies (3gp / .avi / mpeg etc etc )that i have downloaded to my SD card with my HTC One / xperia tablet Z using google chromecast.

since chromecast is avalible quite cheap on ebay @ Rs 2525 http://www.ebay.in/itm/DOW-Week-49-Google-Chromecast-HDMI-Dongle-Full-HD-Streaming-Media-Player-HDTV-/261703153499?pt=IN_DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item3ceeb9375b

i plan to buy one for myself.

so will i be able to stream movies from my microsd directly to my sony led with chromecast ?

ps Any cheaper options for chromecast , pls let me know.

U should also check http://teewe.in/

Check

http://teewe.in/

• Like 3

I was also on the verge of buying Chromecast but got confused with all reviews on the net mentioning that it needs a good speed active internet connection throughout the streaming, and not just to initiate the connection. I was under the impression that media will be streamed over local wifi network without using up internet bandwidth.

Maybe someone who has a chromecast dongle can enlighten us..

All the cheap chinese chromecast clones do the streaming locally.

• Like 1

use BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA app.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv7ivo05ggvw1zx/BubbleUPnP%20Pro%20unlocked%20v1.8.1%20for%20Android.apk?dl=0

You can stream your media files on local wifi, without there being any internet connectivity with chrome cast

Edited by Guru Gopal
  • Like 3

looking for a bluetooth speaker for outdoor activity.

G-Project's G-GRIP is available in India or not ? Any similar product.

budget is tight. max. 3K.

I have been using Google Chromecast for over 4-5 months and I can say that its the best piece of streaming device available in the market.

Pros:

1. Simple setup, just plug and play.

2. Stream from multiple device and with the new update, it can stream from devices which are not connected to your wifi.

3. Regular updates from Google

4. Tons of Chromecast app available in the Google Play market. You can stream video/audio,play some simple games, draw on the TV and many more. https://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html

5. Can stream from local media stored on Phone/PC/NAS/etc

6. Deeply integrated with Google and Android.

Cons

1. Requires internet connection to start on. You can continue to stream from local media even when there is no internet connection.

2. Few formats are not yet supported but then you can plenty of apps which can circumvent this restrictions like plex.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 3

Thanks, looks like you have cleared most of the confusion. However, as per your 2nd point, how would streaming happen without Wifi? Thru Bluetooth? Will it be fast enough? Other options..

Not without Wifi but it works without internet. Wifi is required at all times.

Understood, thanks for clarifying.. Mods can Make the appropriate changes to the point & delete these posts if reqd.

Dear Phonegeek, please clarify If I have chromecast and my smartphone only, can I share pic/vedio with my LED tv screen. I do not have any other wifi or internet connection at home.

thanks