Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

I have been using Google Chromecast for over 4-5 months and I can say that its the best piece of streaming device available in the market.

Pros:

1. Simple setup, just plug and play.

2. Stream from multiple device and with the new update, it can stream from devices which are not connected to your wifi.

3. Regular updates from Google

4. Tons of Chromecast app available in the Google Play market. You can stream video/audio,play some simple games, draw on the TV and many more. https://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html

5. Can stream from local media stored on Phone/PC/NAS/etc

6. Deeply integrated with Google and Android.

Cons

1. Requires internet connection to start on. You can continue to stream from local media even when there is no internet connection.

2. Few formats are not yet supported but then you can plenty of apps which can circumvent this restrictions like plex.

Hope it helps :)

thanks for your comprehensive reply

last question, does chromecast require powering on with cable or does it takes power from the hdmi port of the tv ?

Edited by nitink

I haven't done extensive testing regarding on which all instances it requires Internet. But I am sure it requires whenever you start it. Further, it draws power from the hdmi itself.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

^^^^^

No... Afaik, chromecast (or any other media streaming device like TeeWee) needs to get power via its microUSB port... Chromecast can draw power even using the USB port of TV, but for most others it will not be enough....

• Like 1

Right, I meant it draws power from the usb port of thr the tv and not from hdmi port. The essence is that it doesn't require any external power.

Dear Phonegeek, please clarify If I have chromecast and my smartphone only, can I share pic/vedio with my LED tv screen. I do not have any other wifi or internet connection at home.

thanks

Nah, looks like the only mode of communication between the CC & your mobile devices is WiFi. No Bluetooth, No IR etc

Yes, it works only on wifi.

I am using a basic phone for mts for long time and now looking for a cdma smartphone. But as jio 4G is coming soon, I don't want to spend much on cdma smartphone. A LTE2300+EVDO+HSPA+ supported smartphone would be the best choice, but I think such phones will be at 20k+ range. Hence a single sim, 512mb ram cdma phone would be good enough.

What do you suggest?

I am using a basic phone for mts for long time and now looking for a cdma smartphone. But as jio 4G is coming soon, I don't want to spend much on cdma smartphone. A LTE2300+EVDO+HSPA+ supported smartphone would be the best choice, but I think such phones will be at 20k+ range. Hence a single sim, 512mb ram cdma phone would be good enough.

What do you suggest?

Wait a month if you can,

meanwhile you can check http://www.amazon.in/ZTE-P897A21-Grand-SII-Silver/dp/B00PLHU6AQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

But it does not have LTE

4g is just a technology. for most practical purpose you don't need more than 1MPBS on your mobile phone

Jio coverage will be a concern for atleast next one year. If Jio plans to use RCOM network in blackspots I expect them to use RCOM CDMA, (GSM they are not a pan india 3g)

and they might bring such handsets/device which suports LTE2300/1800 and CDMA

• Like 1

What do you suggest?

Check this:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Htc-One-X-32-GB-White-/251767658876?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3a9e85997c

I think this will be with Snapdragon since it has 1.5 GHz processor (the Indian one was with 1.7 GHz).

However, the US one with Snapdragon is faster than the Indian one in all tests and it has 4G LTE.

@inception bhai get a redmi note 4g and till that time make do with a mts mblaze

I recently purchased

http://www.ebay.in/itm/DELL-Inspiron-5547-ULTRABOOK-Core-i7-4th-Gen-8GB-Ram-1TB-HDD-15-6-HD-Display-/231405013701?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:IN:1123

I want to play some new games and want to buy Joystick for the same.

There are may options but not sure which one is compatible with most of the games. (OS Win 7/8.1)

e.g.

http://www.flipkart.com/gaming-accesories/controllers/joysticks-and-gaming-wheels/pr?sid=4rr%2Ckm5%2Cdom%2C7n5

Please advice and any good deal for the same.

Edited by nitinmukesh123

Well it's not hardware actually. But I need a website (www.somedomainname.com) and google apps for business account for myself.

What is cheap best and reliable way? please advise. I am pretty layman to this.

Friends... Has anyone bought HTC RE digital camera ? Will appreciate your opinion on it..thanks..

Sent from my iPad Air

MTS Mblaze Ultra WiFi offer Postpaid Rs.550/- for 5GB UL Day & 5GB UL Night) assured upto 9MBPS (Chennai) is tempting.

Is it worth to invest for a new modem @ Rs.1,199/- and go for this plan?

(I already have MTS GSM unlocked dongle).

Pls. give your opinion ASAP.

Hi guys I am looking for a earphone with mic to be used with smartphone, tablet and laptop. What I am looking for NOT in-ear earphone with Mic. Budget approx 1500 (+/-300). Please suggest one.

Sennheiser is my personal choice.

Unable to clearly understand. Means u want a headphone with mic? Like the ones used by customer support ppl? Or u mean a Earphone which does not protrude deep inside the ear and has mic too.

Hi guys I am looking for a earphone with mic to be used with smartphone, tablet and laptop. What I am looking for NOT in-ear earphone with Mic. Budget approx 1500 (+/-300). Please suggest one.

Sennheiser is my personal choice.

In this category, the choices are very limited. What all I can find is this http://www.flipkart.com/sennheiser-mx-170-earphones/p/itmdaw7ppfr2mf8y?pid=ACCDAW7PHJMRF6U2&icmpid=reco_pp_same_mobileaccessory_headphone_4&ppid=ACCCZ552CJZF83SU

but it doesnt have mic.

Have you tried apple earpods?

Unable to clearly understand. Means u want a headphone with mic? Like the ones used by customer support ppl? Or u mean a Earphone which does not protrude deep inside the ear and has mic too.

I meant

earphone, not headphone.

with mic

3.5 mm as it's universal for all new devices.

@dave123

No not that headphones!

@phonegeek I am using it right now. Awesome quality!! I am looking for +mic now!

inception bhaiya ... why send convoluted requests ? First be clear about over-ear / on-ear / in-ear broader category. Anyway from what I ( & others) understand from request is that you need may be on-ear headphone with mic, preferably Senn.

Quick search on amazon brings decent compilation: http://www.amazon.in/PC-Headsets/b/ref=dp_bc_3?ie=UTF8&node=1375460031

From there you see that Senn has PC 'X' series headphones... Second quick search on google comes with PC 3 being sold on Paytm (In your range)

https://paytm.com/shop/p/sennheiser-pc-3-chat-wired-headset-CMPLXSENNHEISER_PC3CHAT_NULL_NULL?gclid=CKzqv73g98QCFRcWjgod3L0AOQ

phonegeek (my brother from another mother) aap toh rehne hi do (please), when he is asking for something with mic then why suggest something which doesnt have that ? Aaj kal waise hi #savetheinternet bahut hot chal raha hai market main ... you just wasted 50 - 100 kb bandwith... #badUncle.

Please suggest a branded desktop LED monitor of size 19 - 22 inch. Looking for HD/Full HD with response time max upto 5 mSec.Veiwing angle should be vide. Max budget is 7K

Pls sugest some good deal.

Thanks

sanju_baba check prices here (Benq is missing), I haven't purchased any comp hardware in recent times. But the prices on this site a similar to Lamington Road. Check online reviews and buy.

• Like 2

I plan to upgrade my Reliance digital TV (DTH) to HD but same is not available with the dealers in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai. Cc guys replied that it is out of stock and would inform via media channels as and when stocks are up!!! Any suggestions to get HD box or shall I move to Tata Sky or Airtel ?

Thanks..

Sent from my iPad Air

Thank you nishu dear. हमने तो संजीवनी बूटी मागी थी, अापने तो पूरा हिमाचल ही भेज दिया. धन्यवाद.

• Like 1