Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

thanks for review . i have to wait for launching in my circle .

gr8 review very helpfull does have inbuilt router?

i mean is it hub or just modem?

thanx

gr8 review very helpfull does have inbuilt router?

i mean is it hub or just modem?

thanx

Please see this post : http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__202194 to see the schematic digram of BSNL Wimax connection. BSNL do not provide router.

Edited by Narrow_Band_Minus

I'm a BSNL WiiMax Customer in Kollam, Kerala. I'd opted for the unlimited home plan(HOWI 750). Although the plan offers only 512KBps download speed, I was getting 2MBps download speed like everybody else in the state. But for few a weeks, speed slashed to 1MBps. I don't know that either they reduced the band width or there is any noise problem. My CINR is around 18dB and RSSI is -81dBm. Help me to solve the problem.

I'm a BSNL WiiMax Customer in Kollam, Kerala. I'd opted for the unlimited home plan(HOWI 750). Although the plan offers only 512KBps download speed, I was getting 2MBps download speed like everybody else in the state. But for few a weeks, speed slashed to 1MBps. I don't know that either they reduced the band width or there is any noise problem. My CINR is around 18dB and RSSI is -81dBm. Help me to solve the problem.

What was the CINR & RSSI when you were getting 2 Mbps ?

Current RSSI value is low. It should be somewhat around -52 to -60 dBm. Change the direction of CPE to see if the BSID ( Base Station ID ) changes with a new CINR and RSSI.

Hi all. I am from Kottayam, been using Wimax for the 6 months. Speed is indeed down, around 1mbps only.

FYI, my RSSI is -79 dBm and CINR is 18 dB.

This is indeed a nice post. A big thanks to all the contributors.

I got WimaX recently. I'm into HOWI 750 plan but never saw high speeds of the order as claimed in various posts. I see speeds of only around 512 kbps. Actually a friend of mine got it just before me and initially saw speeds of order of 2-3 Mbps. However, a week later he started getting speeds only of around 512 kbps. Is this something to do with RSSI, CINR or any other parameters? I see RSSI < -90 dBm and CINR above 15.

Does anybody know if online payment is available in Karnataka?

And thanks to this post, I tried reusing my 450 BX1 ADSL2+Router with Wimax and was able to fairly get it working.

Hi,

I see a problem with the Wifi network I created involving Wimax indoor CPE & ADSL2 + Router. When I browse to 192.168.1.1, sometimes it takes me to my ADSL modem settings while sometimes it directs me to BSNL Wimax settings page. In the first case, I typically cannot connect to the Internet while in the 2nd I can. Can anybody help me debug this strange behaviour?

Regards,

Vinayak Bhat

:previous: Use a different IP range for the ADSL modem and see.

in what all cities is this available?

Now using WIMAX in Trivandrum. I get close to 1Mbps dl and 550 ul (avg). Plan is 750 unlimited.

Pretty good experience.

Ernakulam BSNL has released Software upgrade & Wimax CPE engineering software for ICOMM Outdoor CPE. This patch is helpful to latch the CPE to a particular BSID(Tower) Frequency. Very useful when using the Wimax connection away from the transmitting tower ( beyond 4 kms ) where you experience frequent disconnection - reconnection. If we latch the CPE to tower , scan method will be CAPL, History & Neighbour scanning will not happen.

Currently I have upgraded to this software and getting continuous connection. If any of you need the s/w , let me know , I will share with u e-mail.

Latching to a particular sector_V1.pdf

• Like 2

hello Mukundan, I'm from Kakkanad.1. i would like to know whether bsnl wimax Rs.750 unlimited connection still gives 1mbps speed instead of 512kbps.2. what is the ideal distance from the tower for using usb dongle for wimax?(i'm inside 1km raidus from the tower) please clarfy these doubts. i would like to switch to bsnl wimax from the present relance broadband plus. the present connection is pretty good. but a bit expensive. thanks in advance.

hello Mukundan, I'm from Kakkanad.1. i would like to know whether bsnl wimax Rs.750 unlimited connection still gives 1mbps speed instead of 512kbps.2. what is the ideal distance from the tower for using usb dongle for wimax?(i'm inside 1km raidus from the tower) please clarfy these doubts. i would like to switch to bsnl wimax from the present relance broadband plus. the present connection is pretty good. but a bit expensive. thanks in advance.

1) yes ! I am getting a download speed of > 1mbps usually with torrents downloads.

2) Per my knowledge , BSNL does not provide USB dongle for Wimax ( Discontinued due to some issues seems). They have only Indoor CPE and Outdoor CPE.

Before giving connection , they will check the feasibility by visiting your premises with the equiments.

see my screen name ,. its Narrow_Band_Minus ( Antonym to Broad Band Plus ) , a unsatisfied customer of reliance netconnect. I am very happy with BSNL Wimax :-)

Thank you Mukundan.

one more doubt...can we use it hassle free with UBUNTU?

i got BSNL WIMAX TODAY. the CINR value is between 35 and 37( for the last 3 hours constantly)RSSI is -57. I get constant speed of 1 Mbps in speedtest.net. I use it in UBUNTU. no problems at all. May i know the portal to pay wimax bill online. i couldn't find one in bsnl.co.in.

@ jijo

Where are you located in TVM?

guys i am thinking of surrendering my bsnl beoadband connection and going to bsnl wimax in chennai. mainly because it offers an unlimited connection if we pay rent upfront. is anyone using wimax in chennai. if so can they please share their review here?

Just got my BSNL WiMax connection in Sivakasi... Plan is HomeUnLimited Rs750 -- 512kbps UnLimited... Getting the said speed constantly...

CINR 35-37 is very good. I think you are pretty close to BSNL wimax tower. :-)

As far as I know , there is no online bill pay portal for BSNL Kerala wimax customers.

@ jijo

Where are you located in TVM?

at present i'm in kakkanad, Kochi.

Any one plz help me. I have searched everyware but couldnot get option to pay bsnl wimax bill online. "Portal.bsnl.co.in" ask for telephone no. to register.

as far as i know, you can use any phone no. (landline or mobile) to register..