Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Great Review Arun Sir do keep updating this thread about usage reviews ..... :clap::clap:

ok guys, here is an important update... I have been to the BSNL office 2 days ago to apply for WiMAX and the BSNL officials are not presently accepting the application. They says the WiMAX is an outdated technology and it is showing a lot of issues for the users who has installed it. ( At least not fit for kerala... )

Further, Since its a Microwave dependant, the modem and the mobile tower should be in LoS ( Line of Sight). Otherwise the WiMAX wont work.

I even had a talk with a customer, and he too says too, that the connection id through on at a particular position for the Modem, and if it is misplaced, the connection will be lost. The chances for thunder to hit the modem is also too high...

And the BSNL officials even think that the introduction of wimax is a product of a conspiracy whcih was planned against BSNL by other telecom providers to damage its reputation by providing bad or outdated technologies... ( I guess its high time to get these sectors disinvested so that better administration will happen )

Vinod

lol! Even 3G is not out yet and they say Wimax is outdated :P

ok guys, here is an important update... I have been to the BSNL office 2 days ago to apply for WiMAX and the BSNL officials are not presently accepting the application. They says the WiMAX is an outdated technology and it is showing a lot of issues for the users who has installed it. ( At least not fit for kerala... )

Further, Since its a Microwave dependant, the modem and the mobile tower should be in LoS ( Line of Sight). Otherwise the WiMAX wont work.

I even had a talk with a customer, and he too says too, that the connection id through on at a particular position for the Modem, and if it is misplaced, the connection will be lost. The chances for thunder to hit the modem is also too high...

And the BSNL officials even think that the introduction of wimax is a product of a conspiracy whcih was planned against BSNL by other telecom providers to damage its reputation by providing bad or outdated technologies... ( I guess its high time to get these sectors disinvested so that better administration will happen )

Vinod

LOL LOL

My dear friend you should be working for Qualcomm. They'll be paying you in ransom.

On the serious note, you may be referring to Fixed WiMAX 802.16d which many ISPs(TATA comm, Reliance etc.,) in India tried to implement but failed to take off for the reasons you quoted.

The current implementation is WiMAX 802.16e which is mobile and matured WiMAX and it's live in USA on mobiles. One of the handsets which supports it is HTC EVO 4G.

Another piece of information. At the current level of BWA auction, pan-India spectrum cost stands at 10,000 crore INR. WiMAX is one of the contesting technologies to be implemented in that spectrum. Certianly private operators are not fools to pour in so much money in an "outdated" technology.

Technology is 4G. The problem may be to do with how BSNL is implementing it.

Edited by kesav

Well I have been using TataIndicom WiMax connection...and I am pretty much satisfied with it...I always get the subscribed speed...there is no fluctuation...and WiMax antenna has been fixed at roof...in direct line of sight of tower...but I haven't heard of getting antenna hit by lightening or anything like that...and moreover antenna is provided by them...so if anything to it...it's Tata's responsibility to replace it...and Tata is providing upto 100Mbps speed using Wimax technology...and there is no hassle of wire cut and any problem in rainy season...

As far as I am aware, Mobile ( or wireless ) broadband and present WiMAX is different. I didnt knew that the present wimax that BSNL is offering can be used in our phone too... ( They dont have such an ad )

And I have contacted a few senior officials of BSNL and they all told that the service of WIMAX is poor mainly because of the mobile tower issue and they need modem to be in LoS with tower.. And they adds this too , that they cannot guarantee that the connection will be through always.. because of insufficient number of service techs who is capable of fixing if something goes wrong in the mobile tower. ( bsnl is even considering to withdraw the present wimax implementation )

Anyways - this is all 3rd person reviews / experiences which I just shared with you all ... It was also hard for me to believe.. up to you to take it or reject it.

My dear friend....Thanks for bringing up the reviews/comments from BSNL employees/users.

At the end of day...what it matters is not the true capability of the technology but more about how the operator's capability to harness the technology.

There are 2 use cases. One hinglighted by you(BSNL) and another by konquerror(TATA).

The results are enormously different although underlying technology is same.

BSNL had been provided with wonderful spectrum (3G & 4G) one year ahead of other operators. It's pathetic on the part of BSNL employess to blame the technology instead of introspceting themselves.

Edited by kesav

Preparing to welcome WiMAX

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access or WiMAX technology, a new telecommunication protocol, will provide faster fixed and fully mobile broadband access with scalable speed, said C.S. Rao, chairman of WiMAX Forum, India. This technology is equipped to meet the emerging customer needs, he said.

Rao was speaking at a seminar ‘Green Kerala Smart Kerala’, organised by C-Dit as part of the Technology Day Celebrations that were inaugurated by Secretary to the Chief Minister, T.K. Manoj Kumar IAS. The seminar was held in two sessions, one on WiMAX technology and the other on e-waste management.

‘‘WiMAX dongles that can be connected to a notebook and WiMAX enabled cellphones will soon hit the market. One of the significant advantages of advanced wireless systems such as WiMAX is the high spectral efficiency that gives them a cutting edge over the 3G technology,’’ said Rao.

The services and applications of this technology are wide and the quality of service is also very good. ‘‘For example, a school can latch on to the website of Stanford University and download courses. You can even ask questions and clear doubts in real time,’’ said Rao, who also contested that India should have gone straight for the 4G technology instead of 3G, which requires devices that are unaffordable.

The other advantages are the IPTV services, which can be accessed through WiMaX, that will bring in worldwide television channels to the palm, the high speed, airborne internet, e-governance and wider access even in rural areas.

P.G. Nirmal, DGM (Planning) BSNL Kerala, said that while the BSNL wired connections have only a limited speed, the mobile WiMAX devices will give scalable speed once it is launched all across Kerala. The current towers will be used as WiMAX towers with a receiver and an antenna and the range and coverage will be much better, he said.

The second session, chaired by KU Bioinformatics director Achuth Sankar S. Nair, dealt with the burning issues of e-waste management, the extended producer responsibility where the e-waste generated is taken back by the manufacturer itself and e-waste recycling plants.

Suchitwa Mission executive director Ajaykumar Varma also sought suggestions on the proposed National Policy on e-waste.

source :: http://expressbuzz.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/preparing-to-welcome-wimax/179987.html

Dear Dr. Rao, actually India has leapfrogged into 4G as you wish but to your disappointment it'll happen most propably through mix of LTE(TDD)(in BWA spectrum) and LTE(FDD)(in 3G(2.1 GHz) spectrum) and not through WiMAX.

Edited by kesav

I voiced my concern about the low upload speed with the Sub Divisional Engineer of BSNL WiMAX at Trivandrum SSA and he promised to forward my concern to the Technical department few days ago. I just thought of checking if there is any improvement yet in upload speed and guess what... I am getting 1 mpbs average upload speed!

post-1-127620021087_thumb.jpg

jai ho BSNL!!!

previous.gif Thats awesome. You are very lucky BSNL is so responsive there!

This is a wireless conncetion,

So it can be used with EVO kya?

previous.gif Thats awesome. You are very lucky BSNL is so responsive there!

I heard that the newer technology departments like 3G, WiMAX, etc. are handled by the younger generation at BSNL, so maybe that is the reason why they were more responsive.

This is a wireless conncetion,

So it can be used with EVO kya

Maybe!

can anybody pls help by telling whether bsnl wimax is available in bareilly(up west) cant find anything on googling pls help.

Can we use WIMAX any where in INdia or at place installed

:previous: Yup, where there is BSNL Mobile WiMAX signal availability, hence the "Mobile" tag!

The topic is here, so please keep this topic for MTS Mblaze!

I have used and roam entire ahmedabad to check bsnl wimax and worked. Just for info I am using it as trial connection since about a year FOC

You tested using the USB device?

If its running in whole ahmedabad that it should be. Available all India too

I think I should try it

Edited by parin

Thanks to BSNL Mobile WiMAX my ratio in a few torrent websites have improved a lot recently!

post-1-127759136328_thumb.jpg

^^ Even I would like to try this. Is there anyone else from Gujarat (preferably Rajkot) who has tried this apart from kshah??

(P.S> I dont even know if it is there in Rajkot or not..)

can anybody pls help by telling whether bsnl wimax is available in bareilly(up west) cant find anything on googling pls help.

hi friend.

BSNL WIMAX is available in up east and west .

I m from afzalgarh from bijnor district using wimax since last one month with 990 unlimited plan. Working fine wih 2mbps speed

^ 2 Mbps UL @ 990.00 ?? can you please share whats the plan code.. also please share what kind of CPE are you using ? I am looking for USB based CPE, but here in lucknow its not available..

Edited by aalok

^ 2 Mbps UL @ 990.00 ?? can you please share whats the plan code.. also please share what kind of CPE are you using ? I am looking for USB based CPE, but here in lucknow its not available..

Dear friend,

My plan code is howi999 and the speed promised in this plan is 512 kbps but everytime i m getting 2mbps speed. try to contact marketing officer he will give proper information. according to my information bsnl is providing connection in UP everywhere.

I am using outdoor unit and my location is around 2 KM from tower. I would recomned to go for outdoor CPE only cause indoor CPE is giving network problem. here in my area BSNl has given contract to HCL to install connection.

If anybody has doubt than feel comfortable to ask.

Thanks

Dear friend,

My plan code is howi999 and the speed promised in this plan is 512 kbps but everytime i m getting 2mbps speed. try to contact marketing officer he will give proper information. according to my information bsnl is providing connection in UP everywhere.

I am using outdoor unit and my location is around 2 KM from tower. I would recomned to go for outdoor CPE only cause indoor CPE is giving network problem. here in my area BSNl has given contract to HCL to install connection.

Thanks

Thanks a lot mate.. will try to get in touch with the marketing officer.. however, i am very much keen to go for USB CPE coz i have to travel a lot (in UP only) & i feel that this is a good preposition for me..

Dear friend,

Thanks

i am 3kms from tower, shall i go for outdoor or indoor modem? i am using it on second floor.

i need 1.5mbps+ speed for download.

can u tell me the upload speed please? i ask u bcoz i am an uploaded too.... and hard torrent user.

say it in bits and bytes please.

waiting..

is out door unit how it look like. both have USB supported slots for connecting via USB?