Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Nikhil Rajadhyaksha

Please Suggest Reliance CDMA QWERT Smartphone

my requirements -->

1) reliance cdma data and voice ( if world fone then excellent)

2) possible evdo

3) qwerty (posibly bar fone , slider will be last option)

4) decent to good battery life .

budget 6-8k

i can only find motorola admiral till now !!!

any more suggestions ?

is palm pixi plus any good ?

• Like 1

Nope dont go for Palm Pixi Plus. You should go for Epic but its a slider phone. You should get one around at that price.

XPRT is world phone, it takes GSM SIM and RCDMA can be programmed to it. It's running gingerbread though and there is no ICS. Go for evo shift from Parin Bhai if you are ok with slider. It is on sale for 8k in forum.

Sent while mobile.

Go For 9630 / 9650

Unlimited Evdo @ 399 Prepaid Officially

^These two are GSM devices but I am not too sure. Maybe CDMA version is available too.

When it comes too Qwerty smartphone then Epic 4G rules in this budget. I don't know what you have against Slider Phones but as far as my understanding go, they are pretty neat. You get a big screen plus a great full keyboard.

Hsndset with sliding keyboard is usually bulky

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

From personal experience I would suggest Samsung Epic 4G. It is the best phone available in your budget. It will be a little thicker than others but definitely worth it.

Edited by astrokidvaibhav
  • Like 1

Epic 4G is not that thick compared to the other phones the OP has listed. 0.02 inch difference isn't that much when you are getting nearly double the specs. If weight is the issue then I suppose you can go for others.

I know its not that thick.. I never found the thickness to be a problem.. But some of my friends did, which is why I pointed it out..

Can look at LG enlighten it might check all the boxes for you but no evdo as of now only 1x works.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Go for Blackberry 9930 of Official Reliance which will give you BBM and BIS also....

his budget is 6-8k

micromaxq5c.jpg

Micromax Q5c is a bar styled CDMA mobile phone. It has a full QWERTY keypad. The screen of Micromax Q5c is 5.5 cm. The dimensions are 112x58x13.5mm. This candy bar mobile is embedded with a powerful Lithium-ion battery with talk time up to 5 h and stand by up to 240 h. The low cost vibrant looks making it all more appealing for shoppers. It has opera mini browser for fast internet surfing.

The Micromax Q5c has a host of multimedia features like FM Radio, Music player, video player and users can enjoy voice recording too. SMS and MMS are also included in the Micromax Q5c. The users can enjoy clicking photographs with 2.0 mega pixel camera which has LED Flash which will give the user a splendid experience. It can have contacts and SMS up to 1000.

Stereo Bluetooth, WAP and Java are the wireless connectivity options in Micromax Q5c.

and Games are also embedded in Micromax Q5c. The users can get access to easy internet browsing and downloading services WAP. It also supports Integrated Facebook, Twitter and multi messenger. The external memory can be expanded up to 4 GB with the support of micro SD card support.

Source:http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Micromax-Q5c-CDMA/P-E-M-Micromax-Q5c.html

Kyocera Rise - Would be around $80 in US for new - any of RIMWeb trusted sellers would be able to get you one imported and activated within your budget.

I've been importing 4-5 used Kyocera Rise's for use in some project as a dumb wifi device with QWERTY keyboard. Very good device with solid build quality (Little heavy and thick). I can get you one too, but I would also go through one of the sellers here for activation - so better you get in touch with them.

micromaxq5c.jpg

Micromax Q5c is a bar styled CDMA mobile phone. It has a full QWERTY keypad. The screen of Micromax Q5c is 5.5 cm. The dimensions are 112x58x13.5mm. This candy bar mobile is embedded with a powerful Lithium-ion battery with talk time up to 5 h and stand by up to 240 h. The low cost vibrant looks making it all more appealing for shoppers. It has opera mini browser for fast internet surfing.

The Micromax Q5c has a host of multimedia features like FM Radio, Music player, video player and users can enjoy voice recording too. SMS and MMS are also included in the Micromax Q5c. The users can enjoy clicking photographs with 2.0 mega pixel camera which has LED Flash which will give the user a splendid experience. It can have contacts and SMS up to 1000.

Stereo Bluetooth, WAP and Java are the wireless connectivity options in Micromax Q5c.

and Games are also embedded in Micromax Q5c. The users can get access to easy internet browsing and downloading services WAP. It also supports Integrated Facebook, Twitter and multi messenger. The external memory can be expanded up to 4 GB with the support of micro SD card support.

Source:http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Micromax-Q5c-CDMA/P-E-M-Micromax-Q5c.html

no whatsapp in this ...isnt it a necessity these days ?

is LG viper a good phone ? i know it doesnt have a keyboard though !

It's A piece of garbage, multitasking is a pain and hangs up a lot. Plus its got battery life poorer than the EVO OG.

Lg Viper is a good phone but it doesnt suit the requirement here.. If he was okay with full touch there are many other options available in cdma..

Lg Viper is a good phone but it doesnt suit the requirement here.. If he was okay with full touch there are many other options available in cdma..

i was asking for me in that budget . i am okay with full touch ..

^Pantech burst - best bang for buck in that price range.

Sent while mobile.

I'll second that.. Pantech burst is a very good option for you.. Way better than LG Viper..

Edited by astrokidvaibhav

Pantech Burst is GSM :) I think OP is asking for CDMA - this might be the first time a GSM phone is cheaper than similar CDMA phone on rimweb :SI:

^^ Value for money this Pantech but pardon my ignorance does it offer cdma voice calls?