Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

Im uing Galaxy S3 - Sprint Verion on Official as well as Jelly Bean CM10 builds

ENJOY !

• Like 4

Hetalbhai, looking forward to your review.... is it possible to program S3 on RCDMA?

Hetalbhai, looking forward to your review.... is it possible to program S3 on RCDMA?

Hetalbhai is already using S3 on Reliance CDMA..

Edited by amit.shah

But it was said Samsung cdma phones were not possibly programmable due to chipset issue. And also Parinbhai once said no Samsung droid launched after droid charge is programmable... Even Nexus S & Galaxy Nexus are not programmable.

S3 have QUalcomm Chipset

• Like 1

But it was said Samsung cdma phones were not possibly programmable due to chipset issue. And also Parinbhai once said no Samsung droid launched after droid charge is programmable... Even Nexus S & Galaxy Nexus are not programmable.

Even before S3, Samsung Galaxy S2 aka Epic Touch is already working with Reliance...

Hetal Bhai, is it dual core or quad core?

Why would someone buy SIII dual core for high price?

i want it so bought it. thanks to parin bhai !!

Why would someone buy SIII dual core for high price?

Quadcore & Dual Core will not make much difference in performance but 2GB Ram is the biggest advantage

i want it so bought it. thanks to parin bhai !!

Expecting a Review from You

• Like 1

Quad core is Samsung exynos while dual core is snapdragon at 28 nm so power saving will be one advantage over exynos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah @Parin bhai soon, im stuck in the shop from morning 8 to night 9. just managed to install CWM v5.5.0.5 and rooted the phone.

Read on xda that there isn't much difference I daily performance between the us and international version but playing heavy duty hd games is much smoother on the us version.

That's snapdragon performance which is hard to beat.

Any snapdragon s4 is far ahead of current cheapset available on markets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry offtopic IIf somebody sells galaxy s3 used. I am interested

I managed to gain root access with CWM. once the CWM is installed you get only one chance to root the phone. else you have to odin CWM again. when you get root and then boot the phone after, the stock rom overwrites the CWM with stock recovery, the root is retained. this is for stock only. CWM is retained only if you flash any other rom than stock.

vodoo sound is already working GS3 version, hope they come out soon.

Im uing Galaxy S3 - Sprint Verion on Official as well as Jelly Bean CM10 builds

ENJOY !

I request a review of it & more importantly a comparison between S3 & HTC Evo 4G LTE since you are the only one who has used both.

vodoo sound is already working GS3 version, hope they come out soon.

Going OT

Ive heard this voodoo thing since long from fascinate days but not sure what exactly is this... Pl enlighten..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

phone was working fine till my lil nephews clicked on activate phone in notification. i was on wifi when this happend the phone booted and stoped working. it had a small triangle next to the phone signal. well i guess the phone is messedup now.

since i have no clue as in how to get into diagnostic mode on GS3 i could not update my PRL. did a search on the net for hours to find the easiest way to update the PRL without using CDMA WORKSHOP.

1 copy the PRL file to root of sd card and rename it to TEST.prl

2 type ##DATA# on dialer

3 click on VIEW ( NOT EDIT )

4 under VIEW click on Write PRL

your PRL is updated and the phone reboots.

did this with the PRL which i got from Parin bhai.

now the triangle is gone and i can see full signal strength, but if i try to make a call it gives a single busy tone and cuts off.

if i try to call my number it says switched off. since webworld is open on Sundays im gonna request them to re OTAF.

my DATA is working but im not able to make calls or receive.

Voodoo Sound is an app available both in FREE and PAID version.

Free version can be installed with supported kernels whereas paid i guess works with just root.

Basically it unlocks the full feature set of wolfson audio codec found in many Samsung phones with native drivers and added settings for tweaking audio. You can have a much better audio with the help of this because Samsung never bothered to realise the full potential of the codec in default ROM/Kernel's.

Edited by rajanmehta

My data was working after updating the PRL but at 1x

##MSL# goes to NAM info.

MDN and MSID were wrong so changed to my MDN and MSID = MIN ( got from Terminal Emulator {getprop ril.MSL} )

after entering both the services got back. i could make and recieve calls and the data was working on 1x.

should have just waited till tomorrow. i used CDMA ws to update NV items but when i was doing so CDMA ws quit halfway.

both my services are down, no data and no calls ( to resume services please contact Reliance customer care )

Please advice.

Got my phone working again after messing with CDMA ws.

Here's how i did it. i had save my NAM settings when i first used CDMA ws on GS3.

you gotta know your MIN MDN and MSL codes. not on a notepad but in your mind.

*#7284# will get you into PhoneUtil. DO NOT select modem.

click on QUALCOM USB SETTINGS change selection from MTP+ADB to MD+MODEM+ADB and hit done,

this gets your GS3 into diagnostic mode. under device-manager select port and see which port you GS3 is connected.

open CDMA ws and select the same com port and click on connect. once connected go to security tab and enter your msl

and SPC which will give you a sub menu send and write, click on send. you get a message spc correct. phone unlocked.

now under OTHER tab select write and use the PRL file. once PRL is updated quickly go to NAM tab and click read, see whats under MIN and Dir_Number if its not your click on load and select the saved NAM settings file and click on Write. this will update your NAM. goto MEMORY tab and write the NV ITEMS file.

once these steps are done do not click on disconnect. instead click on main menu FILE and select exit which will prompt you

to a message saying Settings changed, do you want to MODE RESET. click OK, it will say Phone is not answering, click ok.

go back to PhoneUtil and change back to MTP+ADB select done. phone will reboot.

this got my data back and my phone services back. but data still at 1x though it shows 3g.

anyones got any idea why my speeds are not exceeding 100kbps ?

ping at 1077ms

waiting for advice

• Like 1

3G working now.. for some reason it works only at my work place. my home i dont get the 3g signal anymore. im sure its not due to

this phone. fb syn does not sync photos to contact.