Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help With WMV and WMA files. which player has the all the codecs to support these files.

Try mx video

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yup. I have tried a few including vplayer and rock player lite. Mxplayer is the best.

• Like 1

Yup @parin and @tanveer MX is the best. Thanks fellas.

For CM10 users

The new update released on Aug 10 shows 1x and 3G respectively.

Facebook pics can be synced using "Facebook Contact Picture Sync" by sbla games.

Its got Manual Linking & Un-linking options also.

Galaxy S3 CDMA seems to be fraught with issues. Some I have heard actual users complain about are -

1. Poor Mic issue. Quite widespread.

2. Lower battery life and charging gets stuck sometimes

3. Verizon sets dependent upon some sim for use with reliance cdma in India. Also some issues of data and evdo activation with verizon sets. Sprint sets are relatively more trouble free.

For the time being I feel that the Sprint S2 sets are more trouble free in comparison to the S3 models for use on cdma networks in India. Disappointed by these issues as a prospective S3 buyer...

Htc has done a better job this time. But Samsung marketing is strong which helps in increasing sales.

Will it be correct to say EVO 4G LTE is an overall better buy currently compared to S3 as far as CDMA is concerned?

Only negative seems to be fixed battery otherwise people are liking EVO 4G LTE display by a huge margin.

As well as the build quality!

Yes evo lte is better

I don't think non removable battery is an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yes I m using htc evo lte now for 1month.I can only say one thing regarding this handset Its just"WOW"!definitely better than s3 on cdma..thanks parin vai!

Edited by krishnendu halder

Yes evo lte is better

I dare note differ parin and Rajan bhai.

Afaik non removable battery will be a huge disadvantage over S3. With such a huge display I really doubt it will last for 8 to 10 hours with 3g on.

Moreover I feel superamoled is more battery friendly compared to Lcd2 technology. Also I have seen reviews where people prefer amoled over lte as though lte has a fantastic display but it still looks washed out in front of amoled at times. (matter of choice)

Further back to the original point myself using a epic 4G touch (display 4.5 as compared to 4.7 on lte) with stock setup and gps wifi bluetooth off and display set to least possible setting however with evdo on full time can hardly make 8 hrs that to if I don't call much. And I carry an additional oem battery to swap after the first one dies.

Considering these stats a user who needs to be on 3g all the time and is on the move would prefer s3 over lte just for the removable battery.

P.S I understand that it is a smart phone and you have to live with the battery life. But no matter how good the phone is if it is not able to serve its purpose I guess it will be not be worth for certain users. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

:previous:

Battery backup is impressive for evo lte,I think better than atleast samsung devices..I always leave evdo on and it lasts more than 12 hours..the plastic feel of s3 is very cheap not expected in a device of 36k.

Irrespective of everything else technologically, the primary question uppermost on every indian's mind is..."Kitna deti hai"?

Which reminds me of this AD...

• Like 2

I've used s3 as well is evo lte n below r my observations...

1. Evo lte scores above s3 in evdo performance. I've used s2, s3 but with evo lte ev speed is awesome.

Below is one of the best performance I've got on htc

http://www.speedtest.net/android/120375154.png

2. Evo lte can do call conferencing which s2, s3 can't.

3. Evo lte supports sms delivery reports n so as s3 but not s2.

4. Memory management is bit issue in evo lte. With around 700mb of ram only 100-150 is free. Could but check memory management in s3 but surely it would be better since it has 2gb ram. Many times when I've open any page in browser or any other app n return back, it refreshes the page or content as if app is killed. Hope to find some solution on this.

5. looks n build quality is much beret for evo lte

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yes evo lte is better

I dare note differ parin and Rajan bhai.

Afaik non removable battery will be a huge disadvantage over S3. With such a huge display I really doubt it will last for 8 to 10 hours with 3g on.

Moreover I feel superamoled is more battery friendly compared to Lcd2 technology. Also I have seen reviews where people prefer amoled over lte as though lte has a fantastic display but it still looks washed out in front of amoled at times. (matter of choice)

Further back to the original point myself using a epic 4G touch (display 4.5 as compared to 4.7 on lte) with stock setup and gps wifi bluetooth off and display set to least possible setting however with evdo on full time can hardly make 8 hrs that to if I don't call much. And I carry an additional oem battery to swap after the first one dies.

Considering these stats a user who needs to be on 3g all the time and is on the move would prefer s3 over lte just for the removable battery.

P.S I understand that it is a smart phone and you have to live with the battery life. But no matter how good the phone is if it is not able to serve its purpose I guess it will be not be worth for certain users. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

After buying lte krishnendu had visited my place at around 4pm

His Evdo was on

But looking at his battery I was shocked it was almost 90%

From morning

He told me he didn't use that very much but still from morning 9 to 4 only 10% was quite impressive

Looking at servicing from my point of view. lte is more reliable And trouble free.

• Like 1

Though it is highly unbeilivable but if you say so I agree, In this case it can match up with Razr maxx I guess.Really if it is has this great battery I would love to switch over as hitesh bhai has already tempted me to switch due to call conferencing feature which i miss thoroughly. However still even s2 has more ram 829 to be precise and any given point of i atleast have 300 mb ram free, Moreover I too have read about lte notoriosly killing services and apps to save ram. Though I am not sure how much this aggressive behaviour would impact normal day to day working.

:hypocrite: actually I was also shocked to see Parin`s reaction!I was bit upset that the lte was not lasting full 24 hours....but not anymore!!!And I have used s3 in the mobile shops,looked like a toy infront of it and store guys was upset to see a better product than their best in my hands!

Hello,

I am using lte. I must say for evdo lte is best. Radios of htc is much better then samsung.

In my home i use to get an average of 512kbps in day time on samsung. Same as in htc its more then 1 mb. Also compared same side by side.

As per battery is concern, It has quite a good battery.

I travel daily from my place to south mumbai. 60km.

It takes 2 hrs to reach my office. All the time screen is on. Background data on. Max payne played all the time full brightness battery on reaching office 60% battery remaining.

Watch 1080p videos all the time full brightness. 58%

Downloaded 560 mb videos frm my place network switches many time frm 1x to evdo. After reaching to office it was 50%

Very impressive i have tried same on epic fascinate. Battery backup is best.

I m on custom rom viper 4g.

S3 for sure will hav best battery.

Only con is unremovable battery.

Btw, its easy to do hard reset, just holding by power button couple of second. it is same like pulling out battery. Also it got watchdog timer feature in case someting got wrong. It get restarted.

Ips lcd is really cool, it is as good as super amoled. Brightness is more thn epic.Everything look quite natural. Super amoled seem to have over contrast.

Though every phone has thr con n pros.

Btw, samsung s3 used pentile matrix display same as in photon. Some user might not loved it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

My my did not realize GS3 to be in this position.

I have no idea about HTC Evo 4G LTE. one of my friends from US studying in Manipal

happens to have a HTC EVO 4G LTE and is still on Sprint. he had asked me to program

it to reliance. im gonna do that and compare both the phones. as far as the looks and plastic

feel, its up to the users. some may like it & some may not. i have not seen a S2 in person so i

have no idea about it. but compared to EPIC i feel the GS3 is much better.

and like dkaile sir said mic issues are there, but that again depends on the signal is what i have

felt. will post more about both soon.

Visited the webworld today to meet the owner a friend of mine. My S3 only showed 1x inside but his Reliance tab and Samsung Corby Registered 3G.

We did a YouTube test on both.

His tab played the song continuously without the need to buffer in between. My S3 did not even play the damn song.

What could be the problem ? Is it the Radio of this phone ?

We both were in a showroom inside which is hardly 6ft from the main road.

I'm rooted On CM10. Will revert back to stock and see the result in a few days. Really wish there was a solution for this. Anyone has any clue as in why this is happening?

Gurus- I am facing a strange problem here. While i connected Sprint S3 for the first time, i was able to connect it to WS 2.7 by latching to the com port after getting in diag mode(rmnet+dm+modem). I was even able to unlock the set by entering samsung default password (while it was not getting spc unlocked) and then flashed reliance parameters. After the phone got reset, i checked for prl in the handset which was 1005, which meant i was able to flash the parameters.

But then after that, i am able to connect my phone to ws2.7 by latching to the com port, but when i go to read or enter spc/etc, it gives an error "Failed... Phone does not answer". I tried removing the phone and connecting it again, changing the port, reinstalling drivers, but same issue. Request help from gurus..

Visited the webworld today to meet the owner a friend of mine. My S3 only showed 1x inside but his Reliance tab and Samsung Corby Registered 3G.

We did a YouTube test on both.

His tab played the song continuously without the need to buffer in between. My S3 did not even play the damn song.

What could be the problem ? Is it the Radio of this phone ?

We both were in a showroom inside which is hardly 6ft from the main road.

I'm rooted On CM10. Will revert back to stock and see the result in a few days. Really wish there was a solution for this. Anyone has any clue as in why this is happening?

Vinod something wrong with your phone . I am getting over 2mbps

post-2876-0-29619700-1345876494_thumb.pn

some evdo configuration issue. Check if evdo is activated from backend.

i am going to reset my s3 with the latest stock firmware through odin.

i have the required backups, need to reset it to factory state just like its

out of the box. not sure the data and modem setting will change if i odin

stock firmware. anyone knows how to go about this ?

Did a reset

post-81420-134599009084_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2