Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

I am pretty sure everyone knows this still just an fyi once you activate the dropbox app on your phone you will get additional 48 gb storage to your existing account or even if you create a new account.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is that a S3 only offer bhai?

Bro this is for devices which have dropbox storage bundled via manufacturers like s3.

Urgent help guys!! My phone msid has got screwed up on its own and am not able to read from the phone either in cdma workshop or qpst. Is there a way of changing the msid from the phone itself so atleast my phone starts working.

Flash to stock using Odin.Use old Odin 1.8* Make sure you tik or check "phone EFS clear" that is the only way. If you do have your Nam back up. Once you are fine with Odin reboot, use cdma ws to restore your nam settings.

Got the msid sorted out. You have to type in ##spc# and u can do nam programming from the phone, now to work on the data

Now i have tried everything i know old modem with fresh settings, odin backed to stock rom with nvv reloaded but the damn internet refuses to work. I am no even able to connect to 1x forget about EVDO. I have doubts whether its a network issue as the phone worked fine for nearly a day after the latest update.

Any suggestions???

Edited by doc_anurag

SOS The inevitable just took me by surprise my phone download the latest update as the evdo connection was on. Now it is bugging me to install the latest update.

So doc/vinod what do you guys say should I update it or should I root the phone and try some work around to disable the update.

Please do share your thoughts...

DO NOT UPDATE. IF YOU ARE ROOTED CLICK UPDATE, WILL ONLY TRY TO UPDATE BUT SINCE YOU ARE ROOTED IT WILL ABORT THE INSTALL AND WON'T BOTHER YOU AGAIN FOR UPDATE.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br />

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 1

SOS The inevitable just took me by surprise my phone download the latest update as the evdo connection was on. Now it is bugging me to install the latest update.

So doc/vinod what do you guys say should I update it or should I root the phone and try some work around to disable the update.

Please do share your thoughts...

DONT update yet. We still trying to get our EVDO worked out. Dont know if its a issue with the radio/rom, or its a local network issue.

• Like 1

It can't be the network, HSD MODEM works fine. Tab works fine. But not our cells after the update. For now stay away from the update.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br />

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Thanks for the inputs vinod/doc. I am not rooted will have to root it today I guess :(

Jellybean OTA update has started in Europe earlier than what was scheduled. Polish users of this handset have been the first non-Nexus handset owners to get this update.

When will we get this, any idea?

Bro those who got the update were on International version of s3.

For carrier branded versions like big red or sprint the update will be delayed for sure as once Sammy is ready with the update it needs their approval first also they need some time before they can load their bloat before the ota.

My best guess is by November or at least by year end we should have it. Rest we have to wait and watch.

Do you suggest for custom JB ROM installation? Do they pose any problem?

Dada I don't dig for custom roms as I mostly need my phone to be reliable and use it as my daily driver. However I am tempted to flash cm10 rom for call conference feature.

The best person afaik would be hitesh bhai to advise you over custom roms as he may be able to provide you first hand info. I guess he has already flashed some jb rom. Also i prefer to use the wait and watch strategy as at times roms with certain radio kernel combination can mess you real bad.

For instance the current ota has already messed the data part for two s3 users. So don't try it out first unless someone can confirm it works smooth. Still it is your call best of luck :rolleyes:

afaik, the custom ROMs for Exynos version are more buggy and unusable as daily driver than Qualcomm versions used in US versions of S3...

I have rooted the phone and then allowed the downloaded ota to install and it failed :D

However not sure if it may/may not bug me again to try installing it. If it does will clear the dalvik cache and I guess it will be all good.

I had flashed cm10. Pretty smooth. Lot of issues with radio. Many stock features do not work. I suggest not to flash CM10.

Stay away from the current OTA as well, my Evdo is not working after the update. I have reverted back to LG8, data working at 1x.

Really sorry to hear about yours and doc's beast running on 1x. I know how frustrating it is to use it 1x as I had to use it on 1x for a few days. Still I am wondering why are we not able to revert back to previous stock settings even after Odin and flashing old modem.

This ota was meant to enhance lte radio bt instead it screwed our evdo :angry:

Finally can you try switching it to lte/cdma network if you are on just cdma option and see if it makes any difference.

I know it is a foolish suggestion but out here nothing makes sense anyways :(

can any help me with LG8 modem.bin file

i just need that file, or any other older modem.bin only.

Going through all these above posts I'm getting scared about custom ROMs.

Lol don't be scared bro. Just make sure you use compatible Roms. Any thing can be undone by hard reset. Do it only if you know to reprogram. Else ask here. There are many who can help you. Cheers.

I've rooted my S3. Now will wait for OTA official JB update. If it gets delayed inordinately, I'll try custom ROM.

Going through all these above posts I'm getting scared about custom ROMs.

I think there is no real way out. The vendor having shipped the phone is leat woried about updates (no money, and may delay your next purchase). So I think after six months or so coutom ROMs are the only real options.