Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

Thanks ananth. After fiddling and experimenting I got my EVDO working today morning. Thanks to Parin bhai for providing me my NV dump file again and again upon request. My 1x was always working, that is even after the update. My NV items got jumbled up. And that is the reason my EVDO was not registering.

I'm on LG8 now. I will update to the new LI3 and try again. The new modem is supposed to be better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I had flashed cm10. Pretty smooth. Lot of issues with radio. Many stock features do not work. I suggest not to flash CM10.

Stay away from the current OTA as well, my Evdo is not working after the update. I have reverted back to LG8, data working at 1x.

On cm10 was cc (call conference) working.

Never had the chance to test it

I updated to LI3 modem just now and all is working fine. My EVDO is also working fine. I updated using modem flasher by clark, latest version has the new modem in it. <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Edited by Vinod Nayak

So just flashing the modem is fine. Any difference you see with respect to network or connectivity.

Imho it will take some time to actually see if there is any difference.

updated to latest leaked sprint jellybean rom and flashed latest LIF modem....everything seems fine so far ,though can't find much difference with the new modem

anybody knows how to clear all modem settings ? clear NV RAM ?

Today morning I found a notification for firmware update. It was prompting for the download of 138MB through wifi only. I went for that, it got downloaded fully and then asked for confirmation before installation. After installation it rebooted but the firmware update failed. I tried it again, but with same result.

It's it JB update? Is that the size for JB update? Why it is failing? My handset (US Cellular) is rooted. Is that the reason for its rejection?

It's probably not jelly bean update. It would not be just 13mb.

Yes, it failing due to rooting and unlocked bootloader. That's what I feel, I may be wrong also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

13mb @phongeek ? He said 138mb

13mb @phongeek ? He said 138mb

Lol. My bad. Lagta hai chasma pehahne ka time aa gaya hai :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:lol:

So, please tell me about it, you experienced S3 users, what's it?

Will unrooting solve the problem?

I got happy to see the firmware update notification in the morning. I thought it might be JB as the official update has already started in European countries. But the size of the download made me to doubt. Ann official JB update could be something around 400MB, am I right?

The update for US Cellular S III is not Jelly Bean. It's a maintenance release for various fixes + brings Google Wallet.

nexusae0_wm_leakeduscellgs3.jpg

Thanks a lot Rajan for the answer to one of my two questions.

Can you confirm whether this or any of the ensuing updates will require unrooting my handsets?

Most probably yes, you'll need to unroot. OTA updates usually have a check for checksums of the system partition which should fail in case of rooting as additional superuser apks are mounted in system partition. The best way to take an OTA update is not only to unroot but also to flash the phone to stock ROM and then update. That should give the most trouble free and intended update as designed OR wait till the rooted stock ROM with the update becomes available.

Edited by rajanmehta

Thanks again. I'll unroot it and try.

Can anyone provide me the unroot process step by step for my SCH-R530U (US Cellular S3)? I want to try the update which is available OTA.

Can anyone provide me the unroot process step by step for my SCH-R530U (US Cellular S3)? I want to try the update which is available OTA.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00049096&fm_seq=53670

^

Thanks for the link.

It is similar to rooting using odin. Only the update file is being downloaded through a software via PC. I wonder if this process will work on a rooted phone or not? I cannot try this until my BSNL EVDO restores. The only internet I'm having is the MTS one, which is in the S3 itself. So, it cannot work while the phone is connected for this update.

In XDA forum, it has been written that Verizon ROMs (only custom not the stock ones) work on US Cellular handsets. Should I try custom jellybean ROM?

Won't voodoo root keeper unroot the phone for ota and then u hv instant root after the update ?

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Voodoo will temp unroot, but the OTA will install only if the recovery is stock. Custom recovery cant install OTA.

Thanks my bad, didn't realise that u need a custom recovery for root in S3. Remember taking the update with voodo temp unroot without any problems in my earlier phones.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

You can use OTA root keeper to keep root, download the update to your phone and install the update via custom recovery like any zip file. It will be safer to reflash the custom recovery before booting as the update may reinstall stock recovery.