Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

@silver 1 u can get the spc by inputting incorrect spc first and then running the command.

Apps for that r also avlbl forgot the name search in play store by msl or spc and u will get 2 apps out of which one will work, and u don't need to be rooted also for that.

Important is first inputting incorrect spc and then searching for it.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Yes sanjay one app is get my msl. First i dialled ##data# and entered just random numbers for spc and then ran the get my msl app. got an error saying could not get propreity ril.MSL

Well it worked for me after I input wrong code ans searched

Sorry can't help u here as I don't have the s3 now, could not change my Max ;)

PM me meid and I will give the SPC. You already have the dump.

Thank you all for your support. Got the spc from nikme. Flashed the dump still no improvement in evdo speed. Think have to get it activated from the backend.

Thank you all for your support. Got the spc from nikme. Flashed the dump still no improvement in evdo speed. Think have to get it activated from the backend.

Backend request has been raised would be done in a day or two.

• Like 1

I wonder if using an alternate dialer+phone book app like Go Contacts EX will resolve the 2 issues that I mentioned in post #189. Have to compare and find the best stock replacement dialer+phone book app first.

Arun Try MIUI ROM, the contacts and dialer is awesome.

Go Launcher dialer and contacts i used.. Not good and gets heavy

Ok, did you check the 2 issues in MIUI ROM?

its not happening..or else you can install ex dialer itself and keep the stock ROM.

Ex dialer is same as MIUI dialer

Tried ExDialer and the call history works fine. It also shows the 0091 format numbers with the contact name too. Unfortunately it does not have a Caller ID to show during incoming call. Incoming call shows the stock display for you on the MIUI ROM, right?

EXdialer has an paid version which has a full screen caller id.

MIUI has a full screen caller id. But some people wont like MIUI because of the iphone style Menu. All the applns will be in the main screen slides.

I have checked a few caller ID replacement apps and none of them show the name in the incoming call display when the number format starts with 0091. It shows the name in the call log though. So it looks like there is no fix for this issue. Good to know that MIUI has a full screen caller ID replacement but did you check whether it shows name if incoming call number has 0091 format? Let me know if you want me to test as my Vodafone number shows 0091 when calling Reliance number.

FYI - getprop ril.MSL doesnt work on PLI3, for those looking to extract their spc, downgrade to the first version stock rom PLEN and then run the command !!

• Like 1

After nearly 3 weeks of tearing my hair out and nearly bricking my phones with god knows how many flashes/ odins am back on my S3 with my data back up and running again.

It seems it was never a phone issue at all, for some unknown reason my data had gotten completely deactivated from the back end. I was not able to get 1x or EVDO. As this coincided with the new update we all thought it was something wrong with the phone. Was about to send my phone back to God (HP) when noticed that even after switching back to my old epic still was not getting any data. I had not changed anything in the epic and it had working data ( 1x and EVDO) when i had transferred my number to the S3. Requested Hetal and he got his contacts to have a look and found out data has been blocked from the backend.

It took nearly 2 weeks for that to get sorted out as they said my number is very old ( 2003) and there were not able to figure out a way to fix it. Anyhow finally its fixed.

After this experience i request everyone to be careful , it may not be the phones fault every time and better to keep that old handset with working setting just in case some **** happens.

• Like 1

@Arun - I face no such issues on my Epic 4G Touch (S II). Why is that so? Even though it is on stock Samsung Rom and dialler.

@DK this 0091 issue is there on s3, I havnt tried any custom roms yet but it some how converts all 09xxx numbers to +919xx formats in call logs and incoming 00919xxx numbers are not read from the address book... frustrating

Siii has that problem. No idea about Sg2. Never used one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

no even if i have not faced any issue in s2

post-81420-135070604212_thumb.jpg

post-81420-135070606153_thumb.jpg

I feel a new number which is not in contacts will always register as 0091NUMBER.

If the number is saved in contacts for first time it will show name with 0091NUMBER In logs, second time for some reason will always register as name and 09NUMBER the right way.

In the above pics the one with logs, clearly shows one number which was never saved in contacts registering always in 0091Number format. In logs look for Praveen P S Bhat, there are two formats, Name+09NUMBER and Name+9NUMBER, i saved the number once with 0 before the actual number and without 0 to test missed calls, it registered respectively. But for the first time it showed Name+0091NUMBER in logs, when I accessed the logs again after a while it only showed exactly how it's saved in the contacts (Name+09 NUMBER). all this happened only after i added two lines in my build.prop. the second pic shows it. Look for the last 3 lines. Forget the last line, it's related to signal.

I have to check it with some other number that shows up 0091 format. Weird that the issue was resolved for that particular number at least after I re-added the contact in phone book.

If the number is saved in your phone you won't have problem. Only those number which are not saved will always show as 0091NUMBER format

It was saved earlier with 09 format when the name was not showing in the incoming call display screen. It started showing the name (with number format as 0091) after I deleted the contact and added it again (09 format). Not sure if its the same situation with other numbers that show up as 0091.

How to change the network name from Sprint to Reliance

If you are like me and don't like the phone showing Sprint as the network here is a simple way to change it to Reliance

Requirements:

Root ( obviously)

Root Explorer

The attached file eri.xml

Please do a Nand backup before doing this as we are fiddling with system files

Open Root explorer

Copy the eri.xml file to your . /data/ folder and set the permissions to RW-R--R--( In permission option )

Reboot.

Screen Shots

post-2876-0-12237300-1350737305_thumb.pn

post-2876-0-09163600-1350737337_thumb.pn

• Like 4