Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

For Samsung Galaxy S3, I tried a few ROMs and was thinking to go back to stock ROM and then I tried Strong Steve Odexed Blue ROM, have been using it ever since!

• Like 1

I am on stock rooted jb, even though I prefer aosp android but this is also good.

Sent while mobile.

I'm on stock and not rooted. Updated with latest JB. Ever since I have this update I'm facing a few problems:

1. Call conference does not work.

2. Gmail crashes many times on the background and crash notification gets displayed on screen while on other applications. While this notification is getting displayed, other applications freeze.

3. Dolphin browser also crashes.

Are these problems of the applications on JB?

Call conference works on ICS only as far as I know.

Sent while mobile.

I'm on stock and not rooted. Updated with latest JB. Ever since I have this update I'm facing a few problems:<br /> <br />1. Call conference does not work.<br />2. Gmail crashes many times on the background and crash notification gets displayed on screen while on other applications. While this notification is getting displayed, other applications freeze.<br />3. Dolphin browser also crashes.<br /> <br />Are these problems of the applications on JB?

call conference not working with rcom. In tata call conference working

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand why some common and basic telephony features are so much hard-to-achieve features in android e.g. call conference, call divert or call recording. Cheap and basic handsets available in the market possess these as default features.

In the process of call conferencing I'm going to spend more, so what is the problem of android developers in it?

Steadier features are expected in newer versions, but jellybean is lacking features which were there in ICS or GB. This is strange!

Jellybean doesn't allow call conference on Verizon s3 so beware. I suggest sticking to ICS. If only I knew that before flashing jellybean. :(Sent while mobile.

Using call conference successfully in vzw s3 in cm based roms..

Sougata da call conference etc are network dependent too isn't it? I am quite sure that in US (where these phones are meant to work in) these features would be working

Sent while mobile.

Verizon s3 jb on tata call conference working

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD

Hi,

I have a S3 OMH handset. I mainly picked up this handset to get 3G (EVDO) data.

I have tried both Reliance and MTS cards, Reliance gives me 3G very intermittently while MTS gives me only 1X speeds ( Both are OMH cards capable of EVDO)

Can somebody please help

Vijay

Am based in Mumbai

Can we flash 4.1.2 from the thread given below on Verizon S3 running on stock 4.0.4 (rooted, custom recovery and unlocked bootloader)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2178482

If yes any precaution to be taken ? Will i have all my NV Dump intact ?

Thanks

I got the JB 4.1.2 - I535VRBMB1 ota. Updated it yesterday.

post-33106-0-38332400-1362823831_thumb.p

Hi,

I have a S3 OMH handset. I mainly picked up this handset to get 3G (EVDO) data.

I have tried both Reliance and MTS cards, Reliance gives me 3G very intermittently while MTS gives me only 1X speeds ( Both are OMH cards capable of EVDO)

Can somebody please help

Vijay

Am based in Mumbai

For MTS u need smart phone uim card which one only available bundle with MTS provided smart phone.

:previous:

MTS services would no longer be available in Mumbai and Maharastra. They have not bid for licence in these circles.

Just got a 250 MB update for US Cellular S3.

Release note mentions only bug fix for Audio Streaming.

Wondering why such a huge update to fix 1 bug :Sorprendido:

Sougata da call conference etc are network dependent too isn't it? I am quite sure that in US (where these phones are meant to work in) these features would be working

I think, it isn't. With the same Galaxy S3 I used to make conference call without an issue on MTS, but after official JB update I never succeeded (with same handset and network).

There are some other issues I'm facing with JB like worse battery backup, frequent GMail and Dolphin browser crash.

3 way call conference works perfectly fine on Sprint S3 on CM 10.1

^

So, is it a problem of official JB on US Cellular?

^

So, is it a problem of official JB on US Cellular?

Yes on US Cellular variants it is not working, on sprint S3 it does and some other member also confirmed this.

seems culprit is touchwiz

For those who are using US CELLULAR OMH samsung galaxy s3 now can update their mobile to jelly bean 4.1.2 .

This update only happen through wifi.

Currently Samsung has Sent a Notification of Upgrading your S3 US Cellular to 4.1.2

Any One got Upgraded to It?

More Intelligent Interactions

The software update makes your Galaxy S3 even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it, to improve battery life.

Enhanced Notifications Bar

With the update, the notifications bar now displays the full text of incoming SMS messages. When you receive an MMS, you can now view a full photo in your notification.

More Intuitive Interface

The software update also brings faster and smoother navigation on your device. Switching between apps is faster than before.

New Photo Experience

You can now swipe from the camera view finder to quickly review the photos you've taken without having to leave the camera app.

New Customization Features

The software update makes customizing the home screen even easier. When you place widgets on the screen everything else automatically moves to make room. Widgets even resize on their own if too big for the display.

• Like 1

Don't know about us cellular, but I recently upgraded to 4.1.2 MB1 DATED 3/3/12 on xda and have the notification improvised with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Sathish.

I'm away from my home and office for next couple of days, hence cannot use Wi-Fi. Will go for the update as soon as possible.

BTW, do you face gmail crashing glitch on a regular basis?

Just updated my USC S3 for its 4.1.2 update and everything is running smooth, voice,data, messages everything.Yet to check out the features added as just got the update and checked its voice and data messages.

Noticed one thing till now that at my factory premises after this update there is better network tower then it used to be.

Edited by thackervijay

Thanks Sathish.

I'm away from my home and office for next couple of days, hence cannot use Wi-Fi. Will go for the update as soon as possible.

BTW, do you face gmail crashing glitch on a regular basis?

No, I didn't faced any Gmail Crashes,Probably this will resolve your problem. But some times very rarely espncricinfo application crashes..

Offline upgrade can be download from the link given below, upgrade went very smooth.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00049096&fm_seq=53670