Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

I dont know whether this is mine problem or a general problem.....at times I am on wifi i wanna switch over to 3G I switch of wifi and 3G Connects but again after some time wifi turns on and wifi is connected automatically.

also when i am on EVDO at I lost connectivity almost every 10 minutes. and then i have to switch on WIFI and then then switch off again and bingo AM connected

what can be done?

Satish, from the link you posted for offline upgrade,

Step 4: Verify Software Version

After completion of the software upgrade, please verify the software version on the mobile device is accurate.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu > Settings > About Phone.
  2. The software version will be listed under the Build number heading and will beJR003L.R530UVXMB1..

The build number that shows over there for this 4.1.2 update differs then the build number i have after the OTA update for the same 4.1.2.

Shall it be the same or it would be different on all the handsets of USC.

I dont know whether this is mine problem or a general problem.....at times I am on wifi i wanna switch over to 3G I switch of wifi and 3G Connects but again after some time wifi turns on and wifi is connected automatically.

also when i am on EVDO at I lost connectivity almost every 10 minutes. and then i have to switch on WIFI and then then switch off again and bingo AM connected

what can be done?

Freeze sprint connection optimizer app.

Sent from Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

@ksh@t

It's under settings/more settings/mobile network/ connections optimiser

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Satish, from the link you posted for offline upgrade,

Step 4: Verify Software Version

After completion of the software upgrade, please verify the software version on the mobile device is accurate.

• From the Home screen, press the Menu > Settings > About Phone.
  • The software version will be listed under the Build number heading and will beJR003L.R530UVXMB1..

The build number that shows over there for this 4.1.2 update differs then the build number i have after the OTA update for the same 4.1.2.

Shall it be the same or it would be different on all the handsets of USC.

It shows different version for me too.. but the actual OS version is 4.1.2 . There is mismatch in documentation.

Wi-Fi turning on automatically...!!!

Even I was having a similar problem on my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Though Connections Optimizer was turned off, WiFi used to turn on automatically,

Later I figured it out that the BatteryGuru app by Qualcomm was turning on the WiFi automatically.

Had to turn it off under BatteryGuru>Settings>Manage WiFi

Can Anyone able to place call conference in S3 US Cellular OMH Version ?

If so please let me know how could it be possible?

Can Anyone able to place call conference in S3 US Cellular OMH Version ?

If so please let me know how could it be possible?

Even I am waiting for the same if anyone is able to place call conference on USC S3.

Also on indian version that i see that multi window tasks and its option available on the top soft bar menu, how can that be done on USC,possible?

Hi Friendz,

I am using S3 US Cellular With Tata Indicom on OMH Sim @ chandigarh. Everything is working great with Evdo and network. But having 2 issues with it so far.

1. when i am using S voice its also ask me to speak so that it can answer but instead of answer i am getting the "Server error, please try again" with whatever i put there.

2 Whenever i tried to Trun off /On mobile data from notification area its asking me to "insert Sim card to access network services" However i am able to Off/ On data from Settings.

My Phone is rooted with Samsung tool kit.

Hi,

I have a S3 OMH handset. I mainly picked up this handset to get 3G (EVDO) data.

I have tried both Reliance and MTS cards, Reliance gives me 3G very intermittently while MTS gives me only 1X speeds ( Both are OMH cards capable of EVDO)

Can somebody please help

Vijay

Am based in Mumbai

Did you check with the customer care if evdo is active on it number...???

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Register your MEID

After 2 days of testing I managed to get this ROM working. I'm still under testing to see if it's got any bugs. Till now only one, managed to sort it out through author. Will post more about this in a few days. Till now it's one of the best ROM I have ever come across for Sprint S3.

post-81420-136411158801_thumb.jpg

Which ROM?

Sent from Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

M.O.R.A 4.1.2 ROM

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR SPRINT VERSION OF S3.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37149249

Do a clean install.

Copy ROM into external sd.

Make a Nand first.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache,

UNDER Mount and storage use format Internal sd.

Install from external sd.

Now it will take some time to boot since data has be formatted. So wait for it.

IMPORTANT.

ONCE BOOTED GO TO LOCK SCREEN AND SELECT AOSP.

If you don't do this within the first boot. Your phone will get stuck in LOCK screen in landscape mode and you can't get out or won't be able to come out of it until you reflash the ROM.

Please read through the site first and then go ahead.

It is M.O.A.R Vinod sirji

• Like 1

Oops my bad :o

4.1.2 update blocks all ways of knowing the SPC or MSL. I tried many ways.

If anyone is successful in retrieving MSL on Jelly Bean please share the info.

Happy Holi.

Hi Friendz,

I am using S3 US Cellular With Tata Indicom on OMH Sim @ chandigarh. Everything is working great with Evdo and network. But having 2 issues with it so far.

1. when i am using S voice its also ask me to speak so that it can answer but instead of answer i am getting the "Server error, please try again" with whatever i put there.

2 Whenever i tried to Trun off /On mobile data from notification area its asking me to "insert Sim card to access network services" However i am able to Off/ On data from Settings.

My Phone is rooted with Samsung tool kit.

Install power toggles and try to switch on the mobile internet,its working fine for me

hi, faced an issue with the us cellular Sim based s3 (CDMA)... can someone please help me with the DDTM setting... evdo activated but phone shows out of coverage if using internet cant recieve any calls... tried all the possible codes for the menu ##3282# etc. but not working... i also faced another issue... when ever we try to toggle data on / off through the notifications menu it says please insert sim though the sim and everything are working perfectly... ??? same thing with the wifi tethering... i solved the issue by using a widget for both of them the widget works but the system menu or notifications menu does not ! is that some rom issue or something ?

Hi Kunal, Did you manage to resolve the issue? I have the same problem here.

I have US Cellular 4G lte variant, using OMH and I am on 4.1.2, not rooted.

Can anybody help here please?

Hi... DDTM setting can be accessed by ##3282# but in us cellular we need to activate hidden menu which can be done by *#22745927

And as for data toggle... You can download any widget from play store...

Hi... DDTM setting can be accessed by ##3282# but in us cellular we need to activate hidden menu which can be done by *#22745927

And as for data toggle... You can download any widget from play store...

Thank you very much Kunal, did switching EVDO on resolved your problem or there is anything else needs to be done in DDTM? I appreciate your help in this matter, thank you very much in advance

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

There is no other setting you need to do... Just for my knowledge is evdo activated on your number??? <br />1x data keeps your number busy while access to internet...

Balram Dhanda, on 19 Mar 2013 - 08:10, said:

well it wont work on the notification area, for data you always need to go to settings and switch on and off.

Atleast that was what hetalji told me for my USC S3 brought from him.

Balram Dhanda, on 19 Mar 2013 - 08:10, said:

well it wont work on the notification area, for data you always need to go to settings and switch on and off.

Atleast that was what hetalji told me for my USC S3 brought from him.

you can even use a toggle widget for the same... no need to go to settings... place a shortcut widget on home screen... here is one.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.miabit.android.dataonoff&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

There is no other setting you need to do... Just for my knowledge is evdo activated on your number???

1x data keeps your number busy while access to internet...

Kunal, EVDO is activated, still there are call drop and bad reception issues, my seller told me to convert same handset in to sim-less mode. Any sugesstion please