Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

Which firmware?

I'm on the latest MD4, but ive had this problem for a long time now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a strange problem, if anyone tries to call me when I'm using the net, they get a busy signal. I'm on stock. Anyone faced the same issue?

In your Device Data DedicatedTransmission Mode (DDTM) is ON. Switch OFF DDTM. I dont know how to reach to that setting. Usually it can be reached by dialer codes. ##000000# or may be some device specific..

Under ##DATA# / Edit / Evdo / DDTM it's off.

then will suggest you to reflash entire system with ODIN and ERASE EFS (PHONE EFS CLEAR)

It will clear any corruption in phone NV and may resolve your problem. you will have to reprovision your phone, reroot and restore.

Edited by kshah

I gotta look for my NV items provided by Parin bhai, only after that I can think of EFS clear. Duh I never knew that was EVDO related problem.

Have been hearing complains from many people friends clients that many a times my USC 3 gets unreachable where as it shows full towers on my network, i am on stock 4.1.2.

Was carrying bsnl sim along and got calls on that number saying my reliance number it not connecting and out of range and so where else it was idle and showed full network coverage, what could be the issue?

Have been hearing complains from many people friends clients that many a times my USC 3 gets unreachable where as it shows full towers on my network, i am on stock 4.1.2.

Was carrying bsnl sim along and got calls on that number saying my reliance number it not connecting and out of range and so where else it was idle and showed full network coverage, what could be the issue?

Problem is 1x data seems

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD Maxx

parinbhai, yes i thought of that as well and also kept my data off for the whole day and still many a times while making call on my USC S3 it would say unreachable or out of network range where else it showed atleast 2 to 3 network towers and without data.

Shift your number temp to a diff set, then shift back, worked for me. Had upgraded to S4, @#$$@# my S4 trying to root it. Took me 2 days to solve binary installation failed, PIT file not found and prevention information error, had the same problem(unreachable) with my S3. I'm using my S3 now and do not have that problem anymore. Going to shift from S3 to S4 today.

Vinod ji can you be please more precise taking this shift number to diff set please what and how you did that to make this issue resolve.

Recently I bought s4 from parin, was using it for a day or so, I tried to root it and the set got messed up and I almost bricked it. Had to shift my number back to s3 temp since I could not boot my s4. I just felt that unreachable problem got solved.

That's why I suggested you to do the same and try.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edited by Vinod Nayak

vinodji i understand that but you need to make me understand how and what you did for resolving this unreachable issue with S3 if you can share it more precisely, sorry for being a nob here but would be helpful sir.

DDTM setting can be accessed by ##3282# but in us cellular we need to activate hidden menu which can be done by *#22745927

I did activated the hidden menu by same as shown above and still cant access ##3282#??

Installed go dialer. Enjoying every moment of using it

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

vinodji i understand that but you need to make me understand how and what you did for resolving this unreachable issue with S3 if you can share it more precisely, sorry for being a nob here but would be helpful sir.

DDTM setting can be accessed by ##3282# but in us cellular we need to activate hidden menu which can be done by *#22745927

I did activated the hidden menu by same as shown above and still cant access ##3282#??

Chk your pm dear.

Hope you have already found the solution, if not them my pm will educate you fully.

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

Edited by joshm
  • Like 2

Have a VZW S3 running stock 4.0.4. I am using a ruim reliance sim. EVDO is not working. Are there any steps i need to do to get it working?

Right, back online after a long time.

My VZW S3 had a 32GB sandisk SD bought from shopclues I guess. The card died few days back abruptly and does not show as mounted in the phone. I do not have a card reader handy so cannot test if the card is actually dead or is it the S3 that is considering it dead. Google search shows S3 hates sandisk 32GB and this is a common occurence.

Require help

- how to find out if the card is really dead without access to PC - have restarted phone etc no avail

- how to avail warranty for the card from sandisk for replacement

Hi i know there are two variants available with sim slot for Galaxy S3

SCH-I535 (Verizon) [sIM]

SCH-R530 (US Cellular) [sIM]
out of these two i want to know the following features of both the handset:
GSM SIM Card Supported Network
CDMA OMH SIM Card Supported Network
Calls Incoming = yes/No
Calls Outgoing = yes/No
Data Edge = yes/No

Data 3G = yes/No

Data 4G = yes/No
Data Cutout during voice call = yes/No
Wifi Tethering = yes/No
USB Tethering = yes/No
Rootable = yes/No
Upgradable = yes/No
any other issues?
I want to use it as a WORLD PHONE which can be used with any sim GSM or CDMA (obviously one at a time)
also please explain the method i have already read plenty and got confused googled it and got more confused
thanks in advance

Chk your pm dear.

Hope you have already found the solution, if not them my pm will educate you fully.

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

Checked, installed and worked as well, thankyou doc sir for your help,

When did saw it was already Off on settings so seems some other network issue then for unreachable on my number.

Got an update for my US Cellular S3 - Its the premium suite update especially the Multi Window/Screen functionality. Updated and everything is working fine.

Got an update for my US Cellular S3 - Its the premium suite update especially the Multi Window/Screen functionality. Updated and everything is working fine.

Did you checked with call conference is it working now after this update?

not chkd call conference else 1x, 3g/evdo all working well

Dear Rimwebians... need some urgent help with my USC S3.

Since I upgraded my S3 to the latest OTA (Premium Suite) 1x/EVDO has stopped working.

I tried rebooting the phone, but didn't remove the SIM card since calling is working fine.

Even Wireless is getting connected and I am able to download and update through google apps.

Not sure, if I need to roll back. And even if I need to how do I do that?

Dear Rimwebians... need some urgent help with my USC S3.

Since I upgraded my S3 to the latest OTA (Premium Suite) 1x/EVDO has stopped working.

I tried rebooting the phone, but didn't remove the SIM card since calling is working fine.

Even Wireless is getting connected and I am able to download and update through google apps.

Not sure, if I need to roll back. And even if I need to how do I do that?

just cancelled my update download on reading ur post.

@gurus plz post a solution to above.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/06/19/us-cellular-rolling-out-galaxy-s-iii-update-r530uvxamd4-brings-multi-window-smart-switch-and-more/

this is the update we r getting on USC S3

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/06/19/us-cellular-rolling-out-galaxy-s-iii-update-r530uvxamd4-brings-multi-window-smart-switch-and-more/

I too was thinking to update it today and before i was thinking to start read this post, so waiting what the gurus have to say for this, and solution for the issue faced with this update.

post-67133-0-71571400-1372069633_thumb.p post-67133-0-90407600-1372069651_thumb.p

Dear all,

Help required with my US cellular S3. Please see attached pictures. In Status, Network is showing some strange gibberish like ' RJ1K LA1e'. Are others also getting this? Any way to correct this?

Thanks

Same with my Usc s3 also , but Evdo worked for a couple of hours then stopped since last 3 days.

Same with my Usc s3 also , but Evdo worked for a couple of hours then stopped since last 3 days.

Ritesh, are you also finding this behaviour after upgrading to the Premium Suite?