Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

dear skssha

plz post the detailed procedure for the benefit of noobs like me.

regards and thanx in advance.

Here is one probable solution.Down grade radioEnable hidden menuUse hidden menu apk and open ##data settingSelect edit > other > 1x/hdr > lte+cdma+evdoDo not reboot.post if data works

Downgraded my modem to LK5 and followed above mentioned trick, viola now evdo is working perfectly

Try to get NV items from some other same model phone and write.

Thanks kshah ... i need NV backup from anyone having s3... any gurus pla help... i am down .. my phone not working absolutely ....

Thanks kshah ... i need NV backup from anyone having s3... any gurus pla help... i am down .. my phone not working absolutely ....

If you can tell me how to take the NV backup, I can send it to you. Hope it doesn't need S3 to be rooted...

Thanks aboy ..... but NV contains vital info like MEID and IMEI ... i would wish to do it under guidance from expert... will let you know over this weekend...

I have no access to my laptop for 2 days as out of town but there is nv reader and writer application by cdma workshop guys. Just remove hdr, min and meid nv item and share.

Ok guyss ..... so finally i developed some courage and after utter disappoint of losing "my precious" ... i went on issuing this command .. after enabling USB debugging ....

"adb reboot nvrestore"

This copied the backup(factory) copy of NV stored somewhere, I dont know where to my active NV.

Once done .. phone tried to reboot but stuck in galaxy s3 logo of bootup.

Then I ODINed the LG1 ROM. After ODIN was done ....... Phone rebooted ......

AND yes now I have NETWORK as well as EVDO without doing any additional settings.....

If someone has courage ... they can try nv restore on MB4 ... but for now I am exhausted and would refrain from trying anything naughty !!!!!! :-) :-)

• Like 2

Congratulations. Means phone itself had nv backup somewhere?

i have installed the modem but not able to proceed further. hidden menu is enabled but not able to change data settings. please guide...

No matter what modem u flash .. NV is modified by MD1 update .. now the option as suggested by kshah would work (after every reboot has to be repeated) or you will have to restore nv as i mentioned earlier.. but is risky and you will have to come to mb1 ...

@kshah ... yes the phone had nv backup somewhere probably in backup efs partition.. but i wonder when i did nv rebuild why was that not restored .. mystery ..

No more OTA update for S3 (who wants to lose data?), so I rooted my S3 yesterday. It's quite easy with odin.

Exhaustive depository of required files for all versions of S3 can be found at http://autoroot.chainfire.eu

• Like 1

@Sougata, please share what Rom are you rooted with now. Is it running smoothly? Any bugs?

Stock ROM.

I haven't gone for any custom ROM yet. After the recent recovery from data mishap owing to the latest OTA update, it is clear that no more official update is safe. So, better to root it off.

It's running flawlessly as ever.

However, one lacuna of stock ROM on JB (unavailability of conference calling) will probably drive me towards a custom ROM.

Stock ROM.

I haven't gone for any custom ROM yet. After the recent recovery from data mishap owing to the latest OTA update, it is clear that no more official update is safe. So, better to root it off.

It's running flawlessly as ever.

However, one lacuna of stock ROM on JB (unavailability of conference calling) will probably drive me towards a custom ROM.

I Just posted this in my note 2 thread,

Would repeat again, stay away from OTA, and if you want to change roms then flash only tw based roms in sim based handsets like note 2 and s3 of vzn and us cellular.

Anything based on cm or aosp will also mess with functioning of the phone.

One thing which should be kept in mind is

NEVER TO UPGRADE OR UODATE RADIO OR MODEM IN THREE HANDSETS ESPECIALLY IN JELLYBEAN AND LATER.

STICK TO THE WORKING MODEM AND ROOT THE PHONE INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY AND FLASHING TOUCHWIZ BASED ROMS ONLY.

Regards

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

• Like 1

^^^

Thanks for your concern, Doc.

I'll surely do research before finalizing the custom ROM, if any.

I'm quite satisfied with the stock ROM only except its Call Conferencing inability. I wonder why on Earth better versions (over gingerbread) of android have been robbed off a simple and basic but indispensable feature of telephony, i.e. call conferencing, which is otherwise easily available on basic no-frill cheap phones.

BTW, any suggestions on USC S3 custom ROM which can support call conferencing?

Well to be honest, I have never made conference call from my own phones, as matter of fact never made a call itself.

So Donno Which of them support this feature.

Morph and wizwnheimer are based off of tw and are debloated tweaked and optimised roms with morph having great theme

Edited by joshm

guys .. i have a question if some one can help

I recently bought s3 ..as per seller it is brand new with all accessories..but on the box nothing was mentioned.. i think they purchase the box locally..

is there any way we can check phone is new or refurbish one?

regards

vicky

Try this

*#197328640*

Select version info

Select option 2 twice and then option 4 if I remember correctly.

It will give you the phone setup date.

It worked on international version. Should work with others too.

• Like 1

Unfortunately play store has stopped

How to fix it guys?

Tried resetting app preferences

Cleared cache

Still same error

Am on stock 4.1.2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately play store has stopped

How to fix it guys?

Tried resetting app preferences

Cleared cache

Still same error

Am on stock 4.1.2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You'll need to rest your device completely... A complete wipe out... Back up your contacts etc and then go to setting, back up & reset, and rest...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hi Experts,

i am using Sprint Galaxy S3 programmed for RCOM CDMA. All the data and voice plans are working great.

I have only 1 issue

I am unable to have 3 party conference call using this phone, which has the latest Android etc.

If i call the first called and then go and add the second caller it does not work.

From the operator side 3 way calling is already enabled.

Is this the limitation of the S3 to RCOM conversion or am i doing something wrong.

Kindly help me out.

Rgs

Srinivasd

^^^

Not possible with stock ROM.

Possible on cyanogenmod custom ROM with android version 4.2.2

Edited by sougatadc

^^^

Not possible with stock ROM.

Possible on cyanogenmod custom ROM with android version 4.2.2

As you have mentioned it in other thread I installed the AOKP Milestone 2 but call conferencing still doesn't works for me. Tested it with Tata and Reliance. Any special steps required please let me know.