Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

^^^

4,4 is not available yet, so till that time you can enjoy 4.3.

^^^

Can you guide me. the steps and the best rom. BTW, my phone is rooted.

^^^

Can you guide me. the steps and the best rom.  BTW, my phone is rooted.  

I will recommend first root the phone and install twrp recovery .

Back up all data.

Then just get zip from xda and update thru recovery.

Zip won't update your boot loader so you can revert back to earlier version in no time

Tapped from Tapatalk Pro

^^^

4,4 is not available yet, so till that time you can enjoy 4.3.

Hey is 4.3 update available for Samsung S3 official Indian phone ?

I have an Verizon S3 using with Reliance and also enjoying GSM. What would be the best upgrade 4.3 or 4.4. I want to use it with my Samsung gear.

If you are unlocked then you can try 4.4 from Cynogenmod... I have been using it without much issues (4.4.1)

I have an Verizon S3 using with Reliance and also enjoying GSM. What would be the best upgrade 4.3 or 4.4. I want to use it with my Samsung gear.

If you are unlocked then you can try 4.4 from Cynogenmod... I have been using it without much issues (4.4.1)

Unlocked or Root??? GSM side of the phone is already unlocked and using every sim. CDMA side it's MEID is registered with reliance. Can you more specific about the word unlocked.

He is not talking about gsm unlock. Its about Knox free bootloader, root, and twrp recovery.

Sent from my Hydro

Blue Tooth problem in Car

I am using Verizon S3 paired to my Ford Figo car's inbuilt music system.

It was good till last week but now when a call comes, the Car's music stops playing but phone Call voice is not heard thru the car speakers. (I have to use S3's Speaker to converse.) On closing the call in the phone, car music is continued. Is it a problem with the phone or Car's music system?

I have repaired both but no use.

Any solution possible for this - pls. suggest.

Problem solved! BT problem was due to an app loaded in the phone -Auto Call Recorder-on removing this, the problem vanished!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Can I get APN Settings of Samsung S3 Verizon I535 for Reliance CDMA....

Can I get APN Settings of Samsung S3 Verizon I535 for Reliance CDMA....

For cdma you don't need to put any apn... It takes automatically...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Very strange my sprint s3 just got OTA 4.3 firmware. My phones status is modified and I'm rooted. Is it possible ? Has anyone got this update?

Hey guys can anyone tell me how can I enable data in cm11. I installed kit kat on my Verizon s3 but data isn't working.

Kk is not working for me in any 4.4 cm based roms in my lg g2 vzw in nv mode or thru ruim

In 4.3 its working fine in both the ways

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

<p>I am still not able to use data on my Verizon SCH-I535 using OMH sim card... </p>

<p>I am still not able to use data on my Verizon SCH-I535 using OMH sim card... </p>

Stay on 4.1.1 LK3 and data will work on CDMA/EvDo on OMH without any setting. GSM band is also available in this version. However you need push apns-conf.xml into etc folder after being rooted for GSM/UMTS data.

• Like 3

pls let me know if u are able to run evdo?

which is ur variant? verizon or sprint?

Edit : running aokp 4.4 n evdo working on nv mode but not on ruim mode.

It's awesome experience to be on kit kat..

Edited by hiteshkkk1

@hiteshkkk1 did you tweaked anything to get data working on AOKP, i will love to have kitkat on my verizon s3 but facing issue with data. Even in official 4.3 im not getting Data

Edited by prafull4u

One of the customer who updated to 4.3 on verizon Galaxy S3 has lost its data connectivity on cdma omh sim cards , only call and text works. so stay away till any of the guru in rimweb find the solution for cdma data. Dont try to revert back to 4.1.2 as you will surely brick your mobile. Gsm is working as normal.

my Verizon S3 is on 4.3 but in NV mode, update the Baseband to ML1 to get the data.

I am using Sprint Galaxy S3 ( Stock ROM ) since 10 months & but i am having a strange problem now-a-days,

when i am at my Office & Even at my Factory or any other places in & around city : I am getting Excellent Voice & Evdo data service , even some time data is more than 1.6 mbps, & Voice is Flawless & clear

- But I have irritating tower problem at my residence Office actually, i spend morning time here & issue is, i am missing half of my calls & even if i receive calls the quality is crippled & Data is connected to only 1-x data ( no Evdo at my residence ), I have compained to Reliance customer care stating that i dont have this problem else where in city, till now I complained to Customer care around 6-7 times every time they say its a tower Problem & will be rectified. but i have got no solution from them & it is increasingly difficult to miss important calls.

What i want to know is if I Root my Phone can we tweek the innersettings to increase signal strength ( or) is there any other way to my issue. Please some one reply, this is important to me.

Edited by satishdave

I am using Sprint Galaxy S3 ( Stock ROM ) since 10 months & but i am having a strange problem now-a-days,

when i am at my Office & Even at my Factory or any other places in & around city : I am getting Excellent Voice & Evdo data service , even some time data is more than 1.6 mbps, & Voice is Flawless & clear

- But I have irritating tower problem at my residence Office actually, i spend morning time here & issue is, i am missing half of my calls & even if i receive calls the quality is crippled & Data is connected to only 1-x data ( no Evdo at my residence ), I have compained to Reliance customer care stating that i dont have this problem else where in city, till now I complained to Customer care around 6-7 times every time they say its a tower Problem & will be rectified. but i have got no solution from them & it is increasingly difficult to miss important calls.

What i want to know is if I Root my Phone can we tweek the innersettings to increase signal strength ( or) is there any other way to my issue. Please some one reply, this is important to me.

i also have the same problem with my sprint s3 on 4.3 stock rom. it was there even when on 4.1.2 stock rom.

i also have a uscellular note 2(R950) rooted, on 4.1.2 stock rom. i works great in the house with evdo speeds upto 1 mbps and shifts easily to 1x whenever needed.

I have tried many times both the devices kept side by side, note 2 loads pages smoothly and quickly performs speed tests where as s3 takes far more time to load pages and takes long time to log on to speed test server. s3 also exhibits frequent switching between 1x and evdo.

s3 provides great up and down speeds upto 2.8 mbps when in open.

i have tried everything other than rooting.

will rooting the device help???????

I did change to EVDO only mode, in ## DATA # settings & few ither options in Other settings, as per suggestions on one fourm there is no change so, revert back the settings againg

i have tried searching for solution but - regarding S3 i didnt find any that could really work.

for customers with similar issues in US & UK - there are hardware signal boosters available which they get for free from network provider incase of complaints, thats what i read in on one fourm while searching

these hardware signal boosters will increase signal reception in surrounding areas.

are there any suggestions for improving the signal strength by tweaking internal settings ....any suggestions ???

Edited by satishdave

awaiting for US cellular updates which doesnt stop the data connectivity, any further updates on the same for USC s3.

mine is unrooted and on 4.1.2.