Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Galaxy S3

awaiting for US cellular updates which doesnt stop the data connectivity, any further updates on the same for USC s3.

mine is unrooted and on 4.1.2.

thats the last , just root it so that it wont update coz then there is no way back.

dont try and fix if it aint broke

root it and enjoy peace of mind.

I can't send sms from my Samsung Verizon S3 CDMA if it above 160 character for past three months, non-sim (MEID/ESN of the handset is registered with Reliance) based handset, even via phone info app installed in custom rom I can change to GSM, where i use BSNL as network. In bsnl it is working good, even in RCDMA it was working good previously. Complaint launched but no use. what to do...?

Do any one face this problem....???? :nerves::nerves::nerves:

Are you using stock SMS app? If yes in app settings enable split messages on CDMA networks option

Else use Go SMS pro or handcent which has this by default

It is a limitation of CDMA along with the original concept of SMS messaging

Edited by digitalnirvana

No option like that in the app. but previously sms went fine. even now in same handset without any change in settings of sms app, I could send sms of more than 160 char via BSNL GSM

In my Galaxy S 3 sch-i535 VERIZON my texting with long sms has worked good but than stopped. Tells me message failed and the error code reads Addr.Trns. B. I did a hard re-boot, removing the battery. But no use. HELP.

Gsm will work as it can handle lms but cdma cannot by default as you have to specify in the sms app to split more than 160 characters into multiple smses

Google sending long message go sms pro and the instructions to change settings are given

Update your baseband, whats the current baseband version of ur phone ?

i have samsung galaxy s3 us cellular cdma phone recently 2 days ago my mobile data have been stop like this only any solutions ????

Guys I have been trying to get Kitkat in my verizon S3 forlon, but im not getting DATA in CM based rom, please help me if anybody has data enabled on KK, I am bored of offical 4.3 and official 4.4 doesnt look like reality anytime soon.

Sprint S3 OTA 4.4 now seeding :hi2:

Downloaded 4.4 ota but phone is rooted and in recovery, so can't update it .

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

I am using a Samsung SPRINT S3 on reliance CDMA. I have got the android 4.4 update for the phone last week. SHOULD I UPDATE IT??? Will data work??? Please help.. Thx in advance

Hello I just Got S3 Verizon From USA, its 4.3 Right now, can you tell me how to use Reliance CDMA Sim On that...i was root the phone, when i enter SIM its only Signal Come but nothing work like Call, SMS and Data.. Please tell me how to do unlock...

Hello I just Got S3 Verizon From USA, its 4.3 Right now, can you tell me how to use Reliance CDMA Sim On that...i was root the phone, when i enter SIM its only Signal Come but nothing work like Call, SMS and Data.. Please tell me how to do unlock...

galaxy s3 from verizon on android 4.3 might support cdma sim for call and text only but no data will work ,data on reliance cdma work on non-sim method only, but as new meid registration is closed u cannot register on reliance cdma. so u can only use it on Gsm networks.

On android 4.1.1 it supports any cdma sim with data + gsm.

Ok thanks keshav ji...so can I downgrad to 4.1.1 ? If yes then can you tell me how ? Please it's urgent for me....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Getting down from 4.3 to 4.1 is nearly impossible due to Knox.

You may be able to downgrade os but can't downgrade radio.

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

• Like 1

So now no any other way to use cdma SIM on my s3 ?..

So now no any other way to use cdma SIM on my s3 ?..

Install a motherboard which is still on 4.1.2

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3

Update your baseband, whats the current baseband version of ur phone ?

I535VRUCML1 Verizon S3 (upgraded to 4.3) running on NV mode. Data is not working. any Solution.

phone was working fine till my lil nephews clicked on activate phone in notification. i was on wifi when this happend the phone booted and stoped working. it had a small triangle next to the phone signal. well i guess the phone is messedup now.

since i have no clue as in how to get into diagnostic mode on GS3 i could not update my PRL. did a search on the net for hours to find the easiest way to update the PRL without using CDMA WORKSHOP.

1 copy the PRL file to root of sd card and rename it to TEST.prl

2 type ##DATA# on dialer

3 click on VIEW ( NOT EDIT )

4 under VIEW click on Write PRL

your PRL is updated and the phone reboots.

did this with the PRL which i got from Parin bhai.

now the triangle is gone and i can see full signal strength, but if i try to make a call it gives a single busy tone and cuts off.

if i try to call my number it says switched off. since webworld is open on Sundays im gonna request them to re OTAF.

my DATA is working but im not able to make calls orand mDN receive.

Write MIN and MDN using ##SPC##

Just got a VERIZON S3 I535. which is on LK3 baseband. Call & SMS work with RUIM sim card. But data (both 1x or EVDO) is not working. But the same RUIM card has 3G data on another phone.

How to configure data on I535 with RUIM card?

Thanks

Just got a VERIZON S3 I535. which is on LK3 baseband. Call & SMS work with RUIM sim card. But data (both 1x or EVDO) is not working. But the same RUIM card has 3G data on another phone.

How to configure data on I535 with RUIM card?

Thanks

Which OMH sim card are you using? LK3 is the only suitable firmware for GSM and CDMA RUIM Reliance. The old normal size Reliance SIM card works well on LK3. Tata OMH will work till 4.1.2.