Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Just three months after Samsung Galaxy S III went on sale, the smartphone manufacturer is already planning to launch the next-generation device - Galaxy S IV. A company official reportedly told Korea Times that "the new device is expected to hit shelves globally in March at the latest" following an initial announcement at the Mobile World Congress in February," reports Engadget.

According to the report, "The timetable was released just three days after rival Apple introduced the iPhone 5, which has received a mixed response from industry experts and consumers as it is seemingly lacking in innovative features."

There're rumours that following Apple's lead, Samsung is going to increase the size of the display on the smart phone from the current 4.8 inches to 5 inches.

Samsung recently stated that they expect the Galaxy S III to pass the 30 million mark by the end of this year after completing 20 million units sold in a mere 3 months.

source http://www.hindustantimes.com/technology/PersonalTech-Updates/Samsung-to-unveil-Galaxy-S-IV-in-Feb-2013/SP-Article1-931932.aspx

Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 is now available for only Rs. 16,900

samsung-galaxy-s-duos-s7562-default-1347870982157.jpg

The features are as follows:

• Dual-SIM, Dual standby, VoIP, Downloadable VoIP client
  • 2G network: Quadband (GSM 850/900/1800/1900)-SIM 1
  • Quadband (GSM 850/900/1800/1900)-SIM 2
  • 3G network: Dualband (HSPA 900/2100)
  • Screen Type : TFT LCD
  • Screen size: 4 inch
  • Resolution: 800 x 480 px
  • Number of colors: 16 M
  • Accelerometer sensor for display auto-rotation
  • Proximity sensor for display auto-turn off
  • Geo-magnetic
  • Data: 3G : HSDPA, 7.2 mbps, HSUPA, 5.76 mbps
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP
  • USB: v2.0 microUSB
  • Memory :Built-in :4 GB
  • RAM : 768 MB
  • Expansion type MicroSD card, capacity : 32 GB
  • Battery: Li-Ion 1500 mAh
  • Camera Resolution: 5 megapixels with LED Flash
  • Image formats: JPEG
  • Number of cameras: 2. Secondary camera: 0.3 MP
  • Additional camera features: Autofocus, Geotagging, Video recording, CMOS sensor
  • Weight :120 g, Size: 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.5 mm, Form factor: Candybar, Colour: White
  • Music formats: MP3,WMA,AAC, AAC+,eAAC+,WAV,MIDI,OGG,M4A,AMR
  • Earphone: 3.5mm headset
  • Speaker phone, Stereo FM with RDS

Android, dual SIM and1500 mah battery, what a deadly combination. :(

Not a great idea on part of Samsung to launch the inferior Galaxy S DUOS with the same design like the S3.

I get a feeling this one will sell like hot cakes. Taking into account price reduction with time and similarity with s3 looks.

Tapatalking........

^^^

True. There should've been an exclusiveness for pricey handset like S-III.

The rear view also doesn't have much difference vis–à–vis S-III's look.

This is S-III

Samsung_Galaxy_SIII_S3_White_M.jpg

And S Duos's rear look is...

samsung-galaxy-s-duos-s7562-back-1347871049293.jpg

Only size of the phone is different. At a glance it is difficult to differentiate.

Off late, I have lost ability to recognize Samsung devices, be it Galaxy X,Y,X,A,B,C or whatever........

We all have dear, not just you so no need to worry!

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

• 2G network: Quadband (GSM 850/900/1800/1900)-SIM 1
  • Quadband (GSM 850/900/1800/1900)-SIM 2
  • 3G network: Dualband (HSPA 900/2100)

3G on which SIM ?

SIM 1 or SIM 2 ??

or on BOTH ???

sorry, but am just like my title.. noob

Edited by aalok

3g works on both sims... i mean you can set it to work on any sim 1 or sim 2... like all other samsung handsets....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Very valid question, one must assume both unless stated otherwise, in which case comes question of different 3g packs for different numbers/operators etc. In short a big mess.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

^^^

True. There should've been an exclusiveness for pricey handset like S-III.

The rear view also doesn't have much difference vis–à–vis S-III's look.

This is S-III

Samsung_Galaxy_SIII_S3_White_M.jpg

And S Duos's rear look is...

samsung-galaxy-s-duos-s7562-back-1347871049293.jpg

Only size of the phone is different. At a glance it is difficult to differentiate.

sammy is so good at copying that he does not even spare his own handset!

3G on which SIM ?

SIM 1 or SIM 2 ??

or on BOTH ???

sorry, but am just like my title.. noob

The answer for the noob :Sorprendido: can be had from gsmarena's discussion.

It has been depicted that "The Galaxy S Duos supports 3G with HSPA on both SIM cards, but you can’t have two data connections simultaneously."

So, no need to get frightened for an impending mess, @ Dipan.

My friend having design of their previous phone in new phone is NOT copying... In that case, can you say apple copied its own OG iPhone in iPhone3G and 3GS, similarly it copied its iPhone4 in 4S and 5 too???

thanks sougata da.. :)

actually why this question came in my mind, i got a chance to play with iBall Andi 5c for past few days.. it has 3g on primary sim and 2g on secondary sim.

My friend having design of their previous phone in new phone is NOT copying... In that case, can you say apple copied its own OG iPhone in iPhone3G and 3GS, similarly it copied its iPhone4 in 4S and 5 too???

you should understand the difference apple is continuing their legacy or patented design in a phone of similar price range..but sammy is copying their own design of 36k model in a very lower price band model!

iPhone5 is looking like a copy of iPhone4... iPhone4 is much cheaper than iPhone5 (Free with contract vs 299$ on contract) and so they are not in same price range... Similarly S-III (32k) and S Duos (19k)...

I can't understand this "If apple does, It is right... If Samsung does, its wrong"...

After the launch of ip5 its obvious that older model price is reduced..its not that apple launched them simultaneously,and I think one of the reason of iphones 'magical' success is that they only launch one model at a time not simillar looking models at the same time with much different price tag.I m not saying sammy doing it wrong but it takes away the 'premium' and exclusive & standout from the crowd' that people crave for when buying such expensive models.Lastly I m not an apple fanboy,but their marketing strategy amazes me very mouch.There is no other company who launch only one product and each time it breaks a record with a mass hysteria..!I hope you got the point. :)

^^^

I second Kanaga.

Apple sued Samsung only, but every smartphone manufacturer has copied apple for one or other feature to be precise. So why apple didn't fight for patent infringement with LG/hTc/Asus/Motorola/Huawei/Dell/Acer/Sony/Sharp/Toshiba/ZTE/Spice........? The answer is clear. Apple fears Samsung and that's why they consider Samsung as their greatest rival.

Edited by sougatadc

Making Patents for every design & tech and launching one model a year might provide an edge to Apple but in reality its no good for users as we all have different needs and different budget requirements. This is where brands like Samsung, HTC, LG & Nokia comes into picture. What they do is provide us variety products as per our requirements.

P.S. I'm not an Apple Hater :P

• Like 1

Now, this handset (Samsung Galaxy S Duos) is available for Rs. 16,140 using coupon SAMOB12 from Infibeam

HTC announces One X+ with faster processor, more storage, and larger battery.. more here...

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ 64GB of internal storage? :wub: Who then needs an SD card!

I hope they have solved the weird crippled multitasking problem which the One X had.