Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

News Snippets

micromax going global i guess.

Sent from my Dream_D1 using Tapatalk

samsung="shame sung" Samsung fined $340k in Taiwan over HTC smear campaign

Earlier this year Samsung was found to be associated with two PR agencies in Taiwan, which were paying some guys to besmirching HTC's reputation while praising Samsung products on local online forums.

The Taiwanese Fair Trade Commission started an investigation into the matter and has now come forward with three separate fines regarding the incident.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Samsung's Taiwan business is to pay a NT$10 million penalty (around $340,000), while OpenTide Taiwan Co. and Sales and Profit International Co. were fined NT$3 million (around $102,000) and NT$50,000 (around $1700) respectively.

The FTC views purposefully misleading information and deliberate ii-speaking about competitors an unfair business.

Earlier this year Samsung was fined by the same FTC NT$300,000 (around $10,000) for a misleading ad about the camera of the Samsung Galaxy Y Duous GT-S6102.

Truck containing 22,500 LG G2 phones goes missing

The G2 phones were headed for Sprint, which is set to launch its version of the LG flagship device next month.

Talk about your hot phone.

A truck containing 22,500 LG G2 smartphones was stolen on the way to its destination in Louisville, Ky., CNET has learned. The phones were on their way to Sprint, which is expected to launch its version of the G2 early next month.

The phones were stolen at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at a truck stop in Gary, Ind., an LG representative confirmed to CNET. The driver left the truck for a bathroom break, and upon returning, found the vehicle missing.

The Indiana and Illinois state police have been contacted, as well as the FBI.

The G2 is LG's flagship device, and has stood out in the market with its unique volume and power button located at the back of the smartphone, right under the camera. It's a controversial change that has met with mixed reviews.

The G2, like other flagship phones such as the Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S, and HTC One, was released on multiple carriers, with Sprint among the later carriers to sell the device.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609405-94/truck-containing-22500-lg-g2-phones-goes-missing/%C2'>

The best part of Nexus 5 is that it is confirmed for CDMA band 0/1/10

Should work in India...

unfortunately it will not support LTE band in India

Hopping to see that soon on this forum :):)

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

Once the best music/MP3 player, Winamp is dead. Most of us, who used PCs in 90s, must have used it.. then it was a great product and no bloatware.

Read More here...

^^^

Just read it yesterday, it so sad, this was the first app which i was use to install in all PC's I sold.

Till version 2.95 it was too good, basic and easy to use audio player,

but after version 3.x it was buggy and full of blot....

I still use Winamp 2.95 on win7.

I may say Its AOL fault !!

R.I.P. WinAmp !!

Even I used Winamp 2.91 untill last year or so... have given up on it after jetAudio [Awesome on android as well]

Never been able to wrap my head around Windows media player :doh:

after sachin, now winamp....

:mad44: :mad44:

• Like 1

winamp is shutting down. jetaudio hasn't been updated in along time. people are running out of decent media players.

Winamp cute colorful media player RIP was a wonderful tool of yesteryears awesome freeware

winamp is shutting down. jetaudio hasn't been updated in along time. people are running out of decent media players.

VLC u can hop on

VLC u can hop on

Hitesh Bhai is good for videos but the kind of options winamp gave nothing can beat it

I have been a vlc user ever since it made its entry. But I don't like to use it for music. Its the go to player for all kinds of video but for music I don't prefer it.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

CTIA-The Wireless Association® Announces Wireless Providers Completed Final Deadline to Create a Database for Stolen 4G/LTE Devices

November 27, 2013

WASHINGTON In April 2012, CTIA, FCC and police chiefs from major cities announced a four step plan to help deter smartphone thefts. As each deadline approached, the participating wireless companies met the requirements within the time limit. The final step of the plan, due November 30, 2013, was to create a database for 4G/LTE in the U.S., and when possible, integrate with international databases.

Please attribute the following to CTIA-The Wireless Association® President and CEO Steve Largent:

“Today, I am pleased to confirm that the global, multi-carrier, common database for LTE smartphones has been finalized and implemented in advance of the November 30, 2013 deadline. The matter of stolen devices is extremely important to the wireless providers, which is why they worked so hard over the last year to meet each deadline on time. As more countries and more carriers around the world participate in the 3G and 4G/LTE databases, criminals will have fewer outlets since these stolen phones would be blacklisted and could not be reactivated.

“Another important element to stopping stolen phones is consumers. To assist users, we offer a list of apps to download that will remotely erase, track and/or lock the stolen devices. We also remind consumers to pay attention to their surroundings. Similar to your purse or wallet, it's best to not call attention to your smartphone and create an opportunity for a thief to steal it (e.g., leave it on a restaurant table, use it while walking or taking public transportation, allowing strangers to ‘borrow’ it to get directions, etc.).

“We continue to believe that combating stolen cellphones will require a comprehensive effort. We encourage consumers to use currently available apps and features that would remotely wipe, track and lock their devices in case they are lost or stolen, and our members are continuing to explore and offer new technologies. We also strongly support and need Senator Schumer’s legislation to pass that would impose tough penalties on those who steal devices or modify them illegally since it would help dry up the market for those who traffic in stolen devices. We also need more foreign countries and carriers to participate in the global stolen phone database to prevent criminals from selling stolen devices internationally.

“By working together with everyone – from the wireless companies, law enforcement, policymakers and consumers – we will make a difference.”

###

CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry’s voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry’s leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.

Twitter: @ctia | Blog: http://ctia.it/Na6erv| Facebook: http://ctia.it/LCm4Nn|

LinkedIn Group: http://ctia.it/Na6cA2| Google+: http://ctia.it/12PfCrO

http://ctia.org/media/press/body.cfm/prid/2303

‘Fast and Furious’ Actor Paul Walker Dead |

"Rest in Shift " Paul Walker... Fast and furious will never be same again...

http://fox17online.com/2013/11/30/fast-and-furious-actor-paul-walker-dead/#FhJEcDLvpbUZrg0e.01

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Shocker from Apple!! Prices of Ipad 2 and Ipad Mini raised at a time most of us were expecting a rate cut.

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/hardware/Apple-raises_-two-year-old-iPads-prices-in-India/articleshow/26742651.cms

Shocker from Apple!! Prices of Ipad 2 and Ipad Mini raised at a time most of us were expecting a rate cut.

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/hardware/Apple-raises_-two-year-old-iPads-prices-in-India/articleshow/26742651.cms

Even in USA during October launch Apple made it clear that iPad 2 will retail hardly 100$ less than iPad air. As they will disco rest of the iPad line, i.e.iPad 3 & 4

Why they did this, is beyond most experts as well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Google is finally making it possible to download a copy of your Gmail & Google Calendar Data

Having access to your data and being able to take it with you is important, especially if that data contains precious memories like old love letters, your first job offer, or that 100-message thread discussing the merits of various cat videos. Starting today we're rolling out the ability to export a copy of your Gmail and Google Calendar data, making it easy to back up your data or move to another service.

You can download all of your mail and calendars or choose a subset of labels and calendars. You can also download a single archive file for multiple products with a copy of your Gmail, Calendar, Google+, YouTube, Drive, and other Google data.

The ability to download your Gmail messages will be rolled out over the next month while Calendar data is available to download for everyone today.

Takeout1.png

• Like 4

Great news..

Great news Rajanji, thankyou for sharing.Much needed from google for this facility.

• Like 6

cycling reinvented !