Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

News Snippets

From the color (green) and button, it is actually Nokia Asha 501/502. However rumours are there for Nokia ANdorid across the web.

@thakervijay

GMail have supported Thunderbird (POP3/IMAP) for long. I use GMail through Thunderbird. Its possible to save locally any mail you want through Thunderbird.

@thakervijay GMail have supported Thunderbird (POP3/IMAP) for long. I use GMail through Thunderbird. Its possible to save locally any mail you want through Thunderbird.

yes. i too used it long time till i shifted to osx

Apple Helped NSA To Spy On Their Customers:

For the last year or so, there have been all kinds of reports regarding NSA-PRISM, the controversial US Surveillance system. Some of those reports are perceived to be over exaggerated & some perceived to be true. I have read one report that any data sent on https(encrypted lines) can be intercepted, decrypted & used by NSA-PRISM. Here is another shocker of new, a bad news to all those Apple fans & Iphone users. According to the leaked documents, the NSA of US can created a Spyware which can be installed on any Iphone and once installed those phones can be remotely monitored. There is nothing in the Iphone that can't escape being monitored through that spyware, the Iphones camera, mic recordings, calls, text messages & what not, everything can be monitored. According to the reports, the NSA name this whole program as DROPOUT JEEP. The big catch here is that NSA needs physical access to the iphones to install this spyware, so how the NSA got physical access of the Iphones then?, well, according to a German magazine either NSA either intercepted some shipments of Iphones and installed spyware carefully without being noticed or Apple itself played into the hands of NSA and helped to achieve their goals.

gsmarena_001.jpg

According to the noted security expert & hacker, JacobAppelbaum who closely involved(worked) with Wikileaks & Snowden, believes that Apple might have helped NSA to spy on their customers by allowing the installation of the Spyware in one way or the other. Check out the below video(from 44:30) where Appelbaum talked about NSA & Iphones.

Source: Apple Insider, GSM Arena.

• Like 1

seriously i dont get this NSA thing, people are ready to give up their privacy to facebook and other social networks and make a fuss about it when government uses it to prevent terrorist activities :doh: i would give up my privacy to the government if it keeps me and my friends safe. What will the government do with your browsing data and other data ? blackmail you for money ?

seriously i dont get this NSA thing, people are ready to give up their privacy to facebook and other social networks and make a fuss about it when government uses it to prevent terrorist activities :doh: i would give up my privacy to the government if it keeps me and my friends safe. What will the government do with your browsing data and other data ? blackmail you for money ?

Hmm..., the thing about NSA-PRISM is that it is not restricted to the preventing 'Terrorist Activities', but also been used to spy on many things happening around many more countries(even allies of US like U.K,India & so on). And if you collect anything & everything of every one then there is very very high chance of that information being used for abuse(on all fronts), may not be by NSA as a institution but the employees working for it. Seriously, what the internal political developments of India got to do in preventing Terrorist activities.

As far as Facebook & other social networks, you are not obliged or forced to use them and give your personal information, but with NSA-PRISM it's not the case like it or not, terrorist or not, you will be monitored 24/7, that's what people & other countries(allies of US) finding it hard to swallow. And if they are able to control the camera of your phone & record the microphone, it means that they are with you even if you are in your bed room with every thing closed.

In another news, Apple has come out and issued a public statement, that they are not at all involved with NSA in spying on their customers(the statement which is expected by any one in the position of Apple). Here is the full statement.

"Apple has never worked with the NSA to create a backdoor in any of our products, including iPhone. Additionally, we have been unaware of this alleged NSA program targeting our products. We care deeply about our customers’ privacy and security. Our team is continuously working to make our products even more secure, and we make it easy for customers to keep their software up to date with the latest advancements. Whenever we hear about attempts to undermine Apple’s industry-leading security, we thoroughly investigate and take appropriate steps to protect our customers. We will continue to use our resources to stay ahead of malicious hackers and defend our customers from security attacks, regardless of who’s behind them."

• Like 2

seriously .......

...... blackmail you for money ?

Offcourse YES, but only if you try to raise your voice against any thing.

As long as you are quiet and keep on accepting the increasing levels of authoritarianism & crony capitalism etc you will be comfortable.

That is the main problem with selectively enforced laws, which are a sign of most corrupt governments. When they want they can arrest someone for a facebook post. Even a facebook Like ! Otherwise, they will not enforce the law and claim it is causing no harm.

For example, the liquor permit in Mumbai - no one is usually caught for drinking without permit. But if you are on the wrong side of any government representative then you can be caught easily so that you are fixed.

So once you have very little privacy the government can find out everything about someone they want to fix and then prosecute for any small oversight. However, if the people want to find out any wrong doing of the Government there are a numerous official secrets act and such stuff to stop you. Even after RTI many government departments take months and years to give you the required information.

BMC in mumbai has been trying to keep building plans out of RTI. But if you complain about any illegal construction they reply that you have not submitted any proof by way of building plan !

So, it is only a matter of principle that Governments who have been chosen by the people for the limited purpose of governing a region should be completely transparent while individual people should have full privacy unless information is required by a proper judicial order.

And it is not just the government who can misuse these things, once the information is with a government department, some people/companies will just pay off someone and get the info (like the Radia Tapes for example).

If we go by the argument that something should be allowed just because it helps catch a few terrorists and for that we can inconvenience 100 Crore law abiding citizens, then there will be nothing left. Anything that can be used by a terrorist would be controlled and soon you would need a PAN card to get water - because terrorists drink water and checking ID before giving water will catch all terrorists.

In fact, this type of escalating attacks on the citizens privacy and rights is exactly what the terrorists want. It starts turning the people against the government slowly and has ever increasing costs of security but without any benefit at all.

Besides, if a Law Enforcement agency like NSA etc can not follow the the letter & spirit of the law and is hell bent of twisting the rules then it just can not be trusted any more and should be disbanded.

Umm.. Sorry, I think this is a little Off Topic. And too long. Was waiting for coffee to start my day and kept on typing till coffee came !

• Like 3

seriously i dont get this NSA thing, people are ready to give up their privacy to facebook and other social networks and make a fuss about it when government uses it to prevent terrorist activities :doh: i would give up my privacy to the government if it keeps me and my friends safe.

Story of Facebook, Google is different. They will at the MAX give targeted ads (not a bad deal for services / entertainment they are providing for FREE) and get some money. Further there are ways to AVOID them or control the infos given to them. For eg, you can give FAKE DOB, etc.. But its NOT the case in Govt...

It is the individual who is part of Govt is the issue... If they are NOT good (true in most if not ALL parts of world) then its NOT a good thing, imho.

What will the government do with your browsing data and other data ? blackmail you for money ?

I can give you an example, they can know that you and your area members are NOT supporting their party and ignore your area for some development activities..

Further after getting details, TARGETED INDIVIDUAL attacks will be very very simple.

Remember power of Google is negligible comparing Govt... FB is nothing comparing FBI...

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both -- Benjamin Franklin...
  • Like 2

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both -- Benjamin Franklin...

you shattered all my beliefs with this quote

ET reports that Vodafone is in talks to buy controlling stake in Tata Docomo

IF that happens

Vodafone will be no1 player in terms of subscriber

I expect 20-40% Tariff Hike...

Tata Docomo is losing money...it is looking for a saviour. It has one of the best postpaid plans but still....

Sent from my RM-914_using Tapatalk

RCom undergoes rejig to split GSM from CDMA http://ow.ly/svNsG

MUMBAI: Reliance Communications is undergoing a new round of restructuring, aimed at separating the mobile phone major's growing GSM business from the lagging CDMA operations, which could even be sold off at a later stage to pare debt.

People familiar with the matter said Nilanjan Mukherjee, currently the chief marketing officer, is set to head the CDMA business of the company, which was once the second-largest mobile phone operator in India but has since slipped to fourth. Former Bharti Airtel zonal head Ramesh Menon will be joining on Monday to handle GSM. Both will report to Gurdeep Singh, the current chief of the company's wireless operations.

An e-mail to Reliance Communications went unanswered. The people quoted earlier said that the separation of businesses, part of the third company-wide rejig exercise since December 2011, is taking place in the wake of the CDMA business - a shrinking technology globally for voice but efficient for data - requiring a strategy independent of the GSM unit. Nearly 80% of mobile phone subscribers in India use GSM technology while the rest are on CDMA.

One of the people said the company may look for a buyer for its CDMA business given it has spectrum and certain assets that may be valuable to someone launching 3G services. This would bring in much needed cash to bring down the company's debt, which stood at Rs 41,170 crore at end of September. The CDMA licence expires in six years.

RCOM started with services on the CDMA platform but began offering mobile services on GSM as well after operators were allowed to offer both technologies in 2008. The company is increasingly trying to push voice traffic on GSM, leaving the CDMA bandwidth free for the growing data business.

The fresh restructuring not only intends to split the two technologies, but also create circle specific managements to carry through more regional focused strategies and plans, said one of the people quoted.

"One year ago we decided the organisation will be spectrum-led, and to move away from the one-size-fits-all (model)," the person added. He further said that circles are now empowered to run their own sales, finance, HR, legal, and network (departments).

The company has also brought in some new people as a prelude to the separation of the GSM and CDMA businesses.

Amit Das from Vodafone India is now heading human resources while Munish Kanotra, ex-senior vice president, Bharti Airtel, is leading the post-paid and data business. Deepak Khanna from Tulip now heads the enterprise pie. Under the recast, Shamik Das, who was the chief operating officer of the overall company, will be allotted a new role, one of the key people involved in the reorganisation said. Reliance Communications underwent a substantial rejig in December 2011 when it inducted Shamik Das from Sistema Shyam TeleServices - which operates the MTS brand - as COO, under Syed Safawi as chief executive.

Till then the company was divided under four regional verticals North, South, East and West. Das was made responsible for operations, including retail, distribution and customer management. Under him were seven to eight hub leaders handling designated circles; India is divided into 22 such circles, or service areas.

Safawi exited Reliance Communications in March 2012, and Singh came on board in May that year. Around six months into his tenure, the circle-wise sub-division of the company was reversed to the earlier centralised management in five zones.

Since his arrival, Singh has spoken of increasing data and post-paid customers. Singh's two-year contract itself comes up for renewal in April, said one of the people. Since his appointment, the company reversed the trend of falling revenue in mid-2013, but profits have still been under pressure due to the company's debt burden. In the second quarter of this financial year, RCOM recorded net profit of Rs 675 crore on revenue of Rs 5,835 crore.

Efforts by the company to sell parts of itself or its units to cut debt haven't worked out so far, though it has tied up infrastructure sharing deals with Reliance Jio Infocomm, a unit of Reliance Industries headed by Anil's elder brother Mukesh which is expected to bring in some Rs 800 crore annually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hmm... Selling the useful CDMA part and maintaining the horrific GSM network? The slow killing posion injected into RCom is working great, imho (and more such poisions are incoming)

• Like 2

Apple To Dump Unsold Inventory Of Iphone 4 8GB In India For Rs.15,000 & Above For Each

One of the biggest complaint from Indian consumers about Apple is that they consider us & our country as some sort of dumping yard of unsold inventories of Iphone models. We get latest Iphone models months after many other countries get, although Apple is trying to change that. But according to Economic Times, Apple is thinking of going old days, by wanting to dump the unsold inventory of Apple Iphone 4(which is discontinued & no longer manufactured) in India, although they give a valid reason to do so. The Economic Times quotes some of the dealers of Apple products in India, saying Apple is looking to compete in the lower end market of Smartphones. The price will be around Rs.15,000 with many buybacks & EMI options. So, if any body interested in the 4 year old model then get ready to shed around 15k because Apple may relaunch Iphone 4 8 GB as early as next week.

• Like 2

8GB non expandable storage equipped 4 years old model is going to be sold at ultra low budget price of 15k in India?

Look what Apple is thinking about its customers and fans in India. Even apple thinks that their customers are iSh33ps.

Edited by KanagaDeepan

15K Ultra Low Budget??

he must have been said in Sarcastic way!!

Probably this is Apple strategy to counter Google led Moto G.:D:p:blink::wacko:

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Obviously I was sarcastic in my previous post.

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro

BlackBerry, which is looking to offer its business oriented services on other platforms has taken another step in that direction. According to the BlackBerry's new CEO, John Chen, their popular BES services will be made available to Windows Phone OS users. This will be a great win for Microsoft as well, because it easily attracts Corporate entities which already running Windows based servers & PCs along with BlackBerry services for their mobile needs can easily adopt Windows Phone OS.

Source

• Like 1

Currency notes issued before 2005 to be withdrawn post March 31, 2014: RBI

NEW DELHI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday advised that after March 31, 2014, it will completely withdraw from circulation all banknotes issued prior to 2005.

"From April 1, 2014, the public will be required to approach banks for exchanging these notes. Banks will provide exchange facility for these notes until further communication," a press release by the central bank said.

The Reserve Bank further stated that public can easily identify the notes to be withdrawn as the notes issued before 2005 do not have on them the year of printing on the reverse side.

The Reserve Bank has also clarified that the notes issued before 2005 will continue to be legal tender. This would mean that banks are required to exchange the notes for their customers as well as for non-customers.

"From July 01, 2014, however, to exchange more than 10 pieces of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, non-customers will have to furnish proof of identity and residence to the bank branch in which she/he wants to exchange the notes," said RBI.

The Reserve Bank has appealed to the public not to panic. "They are requested to actively co-operate in the withdrawal process," said RBI.

currency-notes-issued-before-2005-to-be-

• Like 2

Here is to the plastic currency notes now...

Ofcourse, we can write on the plastic...so we do not have to mend our ways

Sent from my RM-914 using Tapatalk

TML MD Karl Slym passes away at 51 after falling from 22 storey balcony of hotel due to "losing his balance"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/10597919/Tata-Motors-boss-Karl-Slym-dies-after-hotel-balcony-fall.html

Was under tremendous pressure due to scandal around GM India

Just when TML was trying to turn things around

RIP Karl