Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

News Snippets

Stupid MTS. If that was the case, they should have participated in this year spectrum auction...

Asus looking to buy out HTC... Source

ASUS reportedly looking to buy HTC

BY HARISH JONNALAGADDA

ASUS Chairman Johnny Shih is reportedly interested in acquiring fellow Taiwanese manufacturer HTC.

asus-zenfone-2-fusion.jpg?itok=Hky8rAhh

Talking to Reuters, Chief Financial Officer David Chang said that the subject was broached internally:

Our chairman has chatted about the topic internally. Still, the chances of an actual takeover are not big as Asustek is a company that has depended on organic growth.

After a dismal start to 2014, HTC has managed to turn profitable in Q4 2014, and has continued the momentum with a slender $11 million net profit in Q1 2015. However, the Taiwanese vendor's latest handset, the One M9, failed to meet expectations, with the brand now forecasting a net loss for Q2.

ASUS, on the other hand, is gaining ground in the Android segment with its ZenFone series. The manufacturer's ZenFone 2 was well-received in China and India, and ASUS is now targeting Western markets by launching the device in theU.S. and Canada. In the PC segment, ASUS continues to be a force to contend with in the component as well as notebook categories.

As Chang says in his quote, chances of an acquisition are remote. If we hear anything to the contrary, we'll let you know.

Source: Reuters

ie. end of another quality hardware line.

Anil Ambani's RCom in Merger Talks With Russia's Sistema

Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Communications is in talks with Russia's Sistema for a potential merger of their India telecom businesses, the company said in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange. The merger could take place through a share swap.

"The discussions are indicative and non-binding in nature, and remain subject to due diligence, definitive documentation and approvals, as may be necessary. There is no certainty that any transaction will result," said Reliance Communications, India's fourth-biggest mobile carrier by customers.

Russia's Sistema holds the majority stake in Sistema Shyam TeleServices which operates its telecom services under the MTS brand in India. Shyam Group of India is the Indian partner in this venture.

The announcement comes days after elder brother Mukesh Ambani set December deadline for launching his 4G phone services. Cash-rich Reliance Industries' entry into the crowded telecom sector is a potential threat for established players such as Reliance Communications and Bharti Airtel, analysts say.

RIL has spent more than $15 billion for the digital business to date, including the Jio 4G venture. Reliance will offer its 4G services for as little as Rs. 300 a month.

Reliance Communications shares closed 0.6 per cent higher at Rs. 58.85 on Monday, in line with the Sensex, which gained 0.6 per cent.

source http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporates/article-anil-ambanis-rcom-in-merger-talks-with-russias-sistema-771807
Story first published on: June 15, 2015 16:31 (IST)

I thought its production was stopped years back. So the sellers are reducing the price of unsold old 8GB models?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

I have heard that Rcom is also going to launch 4g on CDMA. Is it true?

I thought its production was stopped years back. So the sellers are reducing the price of unsold old 8GB models?

Yes..offloading their inventories..

Sent from my iPad Air

What is non sense being spread by airtel through their commercials? No other network is faster than their 4g?

Just want to ask them, is their any other operator who is offering 4g so as to compete with them?

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

What is non sense being spread by airtel through their commercials? No other network is faster than their 4g?

Saw the ad today and felt nothing wrong with it. If they have invested in the network then why not boast it ?

Scenario: Car manufactures invests in new engine technology which results on faster car. So now if they say we have the fastest cars, there is nothing wrong with that right ? Same story applies here imho.

You can't compare apples with mango! They know that they are the only one with 4g license then how they expect it to be compared with other operators who are on 3g?

They would had never launched this kind of comparison if other operators are on 4g as well.

They have not invented 4g technology, its just that they are the one who have implemented it.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

Edited by phonegeek

its just that they are the one who made implemented it.

That's the reason they are boasting. :) Moreover I dont think its wrong because anyways they are giving this speed for the price of 3G.

Reliance Communications (RCOM) and Reliance Jio Infocomm are set to ink a pact that will enable the Mukesh Ambani-owned telco to offer fourth generation (4G) services over the 800 MHz band across 10 circles.

Read more at:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/48476147.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Rotfl first !! "You can't compare apples with mango!" .. kuch bhi english ke naam par ??

Why cant I compare apples and mango ?? both are eatables ! both are fruits ! I think apple / mangoes are good comparable, someone might like one and not other etcetera.

Now coming back to this Ad thing, you are still not making sense, so i`ll give it one last try.

Hypothetically: Audi says we have the fastest Indian car! Ok so that`s it, whats the point of saying the car is running on petrol/diesel or using nitro booster, 6 cylinder / 8 cylinder etc etc ... Bhaiya aapki company main dumm hai toh bana lo better vehicle. Meanwhile they have to fastest car. :hypocrite:

Jai Bharat.

The worst thing about their announcement is that they said they have launched in 296 cities/towns. A day later they said it would expand its 4G LTE services across 296 cities/towns in the "Next Few Weeks" across 14 circles.

• Like 1

Rotfl first !! "You can't compare apples with mango!" .. kuch bhi english ke naam par ??

Why cant I compare apples and mango ?? both are eatables ! both are fruits ! I think apple / mangoes are good comparable, someone might like one and not other etcetera.

Now coming back to this Ad thing, you are still not making sense, so i`ll give it one last try.

Hypothetically: Audi says we have the fastest Indian car! Ok so that`s it, whats the point of saying the car is running on petrol/diesel or using nitro booster, 6 cylinder / 8 cylinder etc etc ... Bhaiya aapki company main dumm hai toh bana lo better vehicle. Meanwhile they have to fastest car. :hypocrite:

Jai Bharat.

Happy Independence Day!

Ok, I know my English is not that great and I also have a very limited knowledge, I have a simple point to made.

They know that they are the only one as of now who are on 4g(they have not invented 4G) and with full conscious they have launched this campaign.

Would they had launched similar kind of campaign if other telecom operators are on 4G?

Would they have allowed their 2G network to be compared with 3G network?

Their clear intent is to exploit the situation where they are able to launch few months ahead of other telecom operator.

Now, if after few months, when other operators are too on 4G and at that time, they invent something which gives them more edge against others and at that time, they launch this campaign, that would be more prudent.

Chota sa logic tha mera, likh diya, baki apke supercomputer brain ke bade bade logic ke samne kaun khada reh sakta hai! :Sorprendido:

• Like 4

Reliance Communications (RCOM) and Reliance Jio Infocomm are set to ink a pact that will enable the Mukesh Ambani-owned telco to offer fourth generation (4G) services over the 800 MHz band across 10 circles.

Read more at:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/48476147.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

So India is going to have 4G in 800, 1800 and 2300 Mhz and 3G in 900 and 2100 Mhz. It would be real tough to have a phone that works with all.

Read more at:

So India is going to have 4G in 800, 1800 and 2300 Mhz and 3G in 900 and 2100 Mhz. It would be real tough to have a phone that works with all.

4G on 800 must atleast be year away...

By that time you will have handsets which support...

as of now 4G on 1800/2300 and 3g on 900/2100 many phones are available across price band

Jio is going to deploy 4g on 850MHz

Xiaomi to rollout MIUI 7 to nine devices in India from October 27 MIUI 7 Update Compatible Devices
  1. Xiaomi Redmi 1S
  2. Xiaomi Redmi 2
  3. Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime
  4. Xiaomi Redmi Note
  5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
  6. Xiaomi Mi 3
  7. Xiaomi Mi 4
  8. Xiaomi Mi 4i
  9. Xiaomi Mi Pad

Apart from improving the user interface and existing features, MIUI 7 brings some completely new features such as Baby Album, Child Mode, XXL Text, Lockscreen Animations, and Showtime. Xiaomi has added four brand new themes – High Life, Pink Blush, Ocean Breeze, and Rose – that will also change a lot of things such as icons, animated lockscreens, and unlocking effects.

The company showcased a lot of new themes that are built using the company’s MUSE theme development tool. There are themes for Cricket, Football, and Stocks that will change the lockscreens with relevant information such as sport scores and stock prices. along with an ability to download third-party themes.

There’s a Daily Lockscreen Mode that changes the lockscreen wallpaper to a new one every day. Other features include a data saver mode, Auto DND, SMart SMS Filter, and Quick OTP. Xiaomi claims that MIUI 7 is 30 percent faster and 10 percent more battery efficient when compared to MIUI 6.

http://telecomtalk.info/xiaomi-miui-7-rollout-october-27-india/144866/