Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Tutorial: How To Get Data Working After Latest Jellybean Update On Galaxy S3 - US Cellular

@keval32... Thanks for the link. I am yet to downgrade to MB1. However the above link is for upgrade to MB1. So I believe I just need to run this utility and following the onscreen instructions and no need to use ODIN... right?

Have tried the process suggested by Parin but the Mega page seems to have expired now!

Any other quick way to get the Mobile Data going?

Pl Help.

Thanks Parin for the great work. Able to restore data :Sorprendido:

What I - a complete layman- observed was that data continues to work even after upgrade as long the phone is not restarted or the Wi-Fi is not switched off. I tested this twice.

As of now I have data connection on though the upgrade is installed. Just that I have not restarted or turned off the Wi-Fi.

Let me clarify lest my message above is misunderstood since I have qualified myself as a layman. The data 1x/ 3G does come on when I am out of Wi-Fi range even after I have installed the upgrade. However previously I noticed that when I had restarted the phone after the upgrade the data connection did not come up. Fortunately the procedure given by Parin gave me the confidence to experiment. :-)

• Like 1

The much required information helpful to many out here on this forum. Thanks

Edited by dr.faramroze

I guess being in custom ROM helps a bit. Having been on custom Roms (haven't had some of these challenges) but don't have the s3 anymore.

do i need to unlock the phone to do this process

can some one please update the links for odin and samsung drivers

Every necessary link is there in the thread opening page itself.

i have samsung s3, US cellular, using it on Tata CDMA. Since few days i have problem with mobile data. Before it work fine with 3G, but now not even showing any connection for mobile data. Please help me.

Guys I have tested this method on MD4 update and it has worked for me.

All i did was run the ADB command as shown in first post and reflashed MD4 tar file.

Now EVDO working fine. I am using Tata Docomo CDMA but mostly it will help u with Reliance cards as well

If you reboot, again data will go off

Yes sir thats correct.

I just noticed that today after my phone got switched off due to low battery.

Sir will the data work if I flash it with latest Cyanogenmod?

hi, i have lost my data ater few days of use of usc s3 device on tata cdma network. will be greatful if some in this tech community can help

Its works great with ICS/JB..I got my device rooted and flashed ROM successfully on to Reliance / Tata CDMA network . All services works great.

Flashed the Hyperdrive Universal ROM on Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular S3 and all are working flawlessly on all. Thanks to skssha for putting the ROM link on the forum.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 P5100

Hi Dr.,

Can you plz post review of the hyper ROM..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Don't download from the link OP has posted, it is a large file and the site is not that good, instead go to this official samsung link and download firmware and flash it..

Here is link : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201303/20130305202146125/SamsungSimpleUpgradeTool_for_SCH-R530_USCC_Ver1.0.016_MB1.exe

@aboy0110 sorry for the extremely late reply, almost a month. It is nothing like downgrade or upgrade just flash it using utility provided with the firmware, follow on screen instruction and you're done.

Edited by keval32

Anyone in Bangalore who can help me do this on my mobile.. Unable to download the required software on my system.

Except for the Samsung driver, I have installed the rest of the software. When I try to install the driver it says it could not get installed.

thanks ...have done it......

i have just restore nv...after that flashed anroid 4 everythings works fine