Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Tutorial: How To Get Data Working After Latest Jellybean Update On Galaxy S3 - US Cellular

Hi

kindly advice

i am mentioning the steps i've taken please tell me where i went wrong

1.. I turned USB Debugging Mode on

2... I ve downloaded all files ones which Parin gave and also the link which u posted

3... i opened command prompt connected the phone and typed command adb reboot nvrestore

4... Phone got stuck on boot screen

5... restarted the phone in download mode and turned on ODIN

6... selected and clicked PDA added MB! file (by Parin) and then clicked start after an hr nothin happened restarted download mode

7... tried the setup link provided by Amit (http://downloadcente...1.0.016_MB1.exe)....

8... after setup followed the on screen instruction till click to start download

9... got an error connot download

10. i'm still stuck at boot screen

kindly help :nerves:

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tavleen Uppal

Your cable could be culprit. Usually if Check SUM and driver are OK, ODIN do not fail.

You may also try removing secure boot file from .tar file and try flashing your phone.

Tavleen...

1. Did you perform "adb reboot nvrestore" While on MD4 ? If yes, then you were wrong hers, you have to first downgrade.

2. If no, then you must have downgraded using odin,

3. and performed nvrestore on MB1 firmware.

After nvrestore p[hone gets stuck in bootscreen is common, repeat the "2".

That means, open odin on your comp and put the MB1 file in PDA slot. Pull out the batter and Boot the phone in download mode (Vol Down + Power+ Home, den volume up). Once in download mode, connect the phone to computer, One slot in Odin will turn Blue/green if the phone is properly connected. Press Start to flash. I guess if you have performed "2", then You already know this.

• Like 1

Good initiative for people with less technical knowledge... It did really help me to get data working back on my phone.

Thanks and +1

Guys,

I have a US Cellular S3 working on OMH and on the latest JB version (Had not rebooted the handset after hearing problems of losing Data). Today am faced with a weird problem, till morning everything was working fine. But when in the GYM there was no signal for sometime so confirmed with my friend who is on HTC he to said signal is not there so was not worried. Once out of the gym my friends handset started working with full signal and mine was still showing no signal. So I used my friends handset to dial my number and to my surprise I was getting incoming calls. But when I dialled out it says "Mobile Network Not Available". So i put the handset in Airplane mode and back but still no signal.

I still get incoming but no Data, while the handset does not show any signal bars.

In the Settings menu -> About Phone -> Status it shows the following

• Mobile Network type - Unknown:0
  • Service Stae - Radio Off
  • Mobile Network State - Disconnected

So just wondering what has gone wrong. Want to keep flashing as the last option.

Any help will be appreciated

Guys,

I have a US Cellular S3 working on OMH and on the latest JB version (Had not rebooted the handset after hearing problems of losing Data). Today am faced with a weird problem, till morning everything was working fine. But when in the GYM there was no signal for sometime so confirmed with my friend who is on HTC he to said signal is not there so was not worried. Once out of the gym my friends handset started working with full signal and mine was still showing no signal. So I used my friends handset to dial my number and to my surprise I was getting incoming calls. But when I dialled out it says "Mobile Network Not Available". So i put the handset in Airplane mode and back but still no signal.

I still get incoming but no Data, while the handset does not show any signal bars.

In the Settings menu -> About Phone -> Status it shows the following

• Mobile Network type - Unknown:0
  • Service Stae - Radio Off
  • Mobile Network State - Disconnected

So just wondering what has gone wrong. Want to keep flashing as the last option.

Any help will be appreciated

Dial ##786# or ##72786# from dialer, in RTN menu select reset or else it will reset automatically, this will fully wipe all partitions. Enjoy from scratch.

Sent from my P5100 Samsung Galaxy Note 8

I don't know about new handset but in past most Samsung and htc handset behaved erratically while programming after ##786#

So warning.

Guys,

Small update here, hesitantly had to restart the handset which i had been avoiding for fear of losing data. But did not have a choice so rebooted my handset after which calls have started working and as feared data is gone. So now I will also have to get in the grind of following the procedure in the OP to get back data. :doh:

Moral of the story "U can postpone problem(destiny) but never get rid of it alltogether"

I don't know about new handset but in past most Samsung and htc handset behaved erratically while programming after ##786#

So warning.

Yes, earlier NV based handsets behaved erratically like MDN/MIN/PRL/A-key/NV items wiped off, and sometimes even resetting to its original SPC. Here, there is no loss because there is no programming or Qualcomm tweaking involved. In short after RTN reset, we have to rebuild network parameters again. In 4G LTE based SIM handsets, it defaults to RUIM only/RUIM if available after ##786#. RTN menu helps especially when device parameters are messed up or device's radio signal goes offline.

Thanks guys very very helpful for me ... struggling for more than 3 weeks for getting Data to be enabled....

Blurr your MIN and MEID in screens. Your phone can be misused by any one.

I am facing strange issue i already have EVDO enabled but after transferring my number from my fascinate to sim card and inserted in the phone which i got couple of days back 3g signal is showing in the phone but still when is surf the net it will switch back to 1X only. i am on MB1 only not updated to MB4 as OAT will also not work as it is rooted. So i followed the above procedure still data is working in 1X mode only.

When you transferred your number from fascinate to sim card, the EVDO (3G)was disabled by Reliance. You need to get it activated once again to make it work.

When you transferred your number from fascinate to sim card, the EVDO (3G)was disabled by Reliance. You need to get it activated once again to make it work.

I have confirmed with web world people that EVDO is activated only to my number...

Hi Parin,

When trying to flash through Odin, I am getting the below error

"MD5 hash value is invalid"

Followed everything exactly as u mentioned in the opening post.

Thanks in advance.

Is this got anything to do with that I am on 4.1.2 rooted???

@Sagar it means your MB1 Download is corrupt :(

Download the file again and check the MD5 as : 1A965819BF8C9831FC9B68C9F55132D0 for the File: SamsungSimpleUpgradeTool_for_SCH-R530_USCC_Ver1.0.016_MB1.exe

• Like 1

@SagarT

As earlier said by @Amit Bhai download the "SamsungSimpleUpgradeTool_for_SCH-R530_USCC_Ver1.0.016_MB1.exe" from Samsung US site and install it and follow the steps then you will be on Stock MB1 update or if you want to flash directly via ODIN then after installing the file go to C \Program Files\SamsungElectronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary you can find the firmware file which u can flash directly via ODIN PDA option.

Edited by grebel
  • Like 1

Hi Amit and Grebel,

Thank you for the explaination. I tried searching for relevant topics and figured out that I may be having a bad download.

Its a huge file to try again though, almost 1.3 gb.

However, I was successful in performing the nv restore part, but as I couldnt flash the corrupt md5, I restored my phone with the backup image I had. To my surprise, the data is ON for now (mostly 1x, rarely on 3g). I am aware that it will go off once I reboot my phone.

For some reason, I am not able to install the "SamsungSimpleUpgradeTool_for_SCH-R530_USCC_Ver1.0.016_MB1.exe" file on my computer, tried installing it on another pc aswell.

Just one question, is it ok if I flash stock rom (4.1.1) after I perform the nv restore (I am not sure if I need to do it again)?

Will it work for data?

If yes then may be once the data issue is resolved I can move on to the "Hyperdrive ROM".

Also, has anyone heard of the slimbean ROM for R530?

thank you again Amit bhai and grebel.

Thanks in advance.

@Sagar Just go with the Tutorial it will work for you. The file MB1 is 869MB only. Here is the Link: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201303/20130305202146125/SamsungSimpleUpgradeTool_for_SCH-R530_USCC_Ver1.0.016_MB1.exe

Never upgrade or update radio or modem in the handsets especially in Jellybean and later :nono: Stick to the working modem and root the phone install custom recovery and flashing TouchWiz Based ROMs only :Read: you can refer to my Tutorial for STOCK MD4. Don't know about Hyperdrive and Slimbean ROM as not personally used it. :confuse:

There is no harm in using Hyper Drive rom on USC gs3. I am using this rom for past two months with data working. Its Nice rom with lot of features.

Skssha

Thank you Amit bhai. Have downloaded that MB1 file. tried installing on 2 different PC's, but failed, the download is not corrupt though, this time, the issues is with my system I suppose. Will again try installing on another PC.

@Skssha, thank you for the review. will try it after getting my R530 on track and after I have a flawless working ROM backup.

@All, thank you again for your precious time.

For those who have lost data connectivity on MD4 4.1.2 should flash LG1 4.0.4 modem.zip from CWM recovery if the phone is rooted. adb reboot nvrestore command is not required in this process. All Odin flashable and CWM zip modem basebands are available on teamuscellular.

• Like 1