Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Tutorial: How To Get Data Working After Latest Jellybean Update On Galaxy S3 - US Cellular

I have downgraded to MB1 and still data is not coming for TATA.

I also tried installing hyperdrive rom and that was also of no help. infact camera and torch stopped working in hyperdrive rom.There were some issue with SMS as well.

Could somebody please help in getting the data activated.

Thank you very much data is working fine after this downgrade

Hello gurus,

Plz help me I m facing weird problem and i dont know how to get out of this

When i try to start my phone get dis message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

m not able to go in recovery mode also getting same error !!!

but i m able to go into Download mode ,when i try to install mb1 process gets stopped at <ID:0/008> sbl2.mbn

Just 2 days before i received my used usc s3 (imported from ebay.com) ,Android version was 4.2.2, baseband version MD4 and it was already rooted

I just followed parin bhai tutorial to get data enable(I used dis tutorial before also and it worked for me :) ,but dont know what happen dis time :( )

Dis is what i did---------

after "adb reboot nvrestore" it should stuck on Samsung Galaxy S3 Logo(But S3 Logo was rebooting,it dose not got stuck )

So i proceed assuming that adb step was done

So after that i put my phone in downloading mode-->selected pda-->selected .tar--> selected start

Process was getting stop at <ID:0/008> sbl2.mbn

<ID:0/008> Added!!

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..

<OSM> Please wait..

<OSM> KIES_HOME_R530UVXAMB1_R530UUSCMB1_915896_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..

<OSM> Leave CS..

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..

<ID:0/008> File analysis..

<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/008> Initialzation..

<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..

<ID:0/008> sbl2.mbn

Unfortunately i checked odin-->option-->Nand Erase all and after that point i m getting that error message and not able to go into recovery mode also

And now the process is getting stop at recovery.img

There may be 2 possible reason behind dis issue

1)i m using local usb cord

2)i checked odin-->option-->Nand Erase all

All gurus really i need ur help

Plz guide me what to do next

Try changing cable and in one case I read on this thread that parin suggested to change computer and it solved problem.

Try changing cable and in one case I read on this thread that parin suggested to change computer and it solved problem.

thanx for the reply

i will definitely try to change the cable

But i have already flashed many usc s3 from the same computer and cable

Hi,

Will this ROM work with S3 MetroPCS R530M? It does have Sim Slot, but it says invalid sim card when OMH sim is inserted

Thanks

US Cellular S3 and Metro S3 have started detecting some firmware update. Amit Routray might be able to confirm here. I have rooted handsets only.

Home Office with Samsung Note8

Hi,

Will this ROM work with S3 MetroPCS R530M? It does have Sim Slot, but it says invalid sim card when OMH sim is inserted

Thanks

no , this ROM will not work.I tried so many ROM's but no luck.Tried the same with R530C (cricket). you have to program it on NV mode, but DATA will not work.

any one pl help how to get DATA on NV mode , S3 Cricket (R530C).

Thanks.

:( same here Doc. I have also on Rooted MD4.

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

It might work with keeping LTE SIM inserted. Most of today's LTE handsets works like that only.

• Like 2

Hello Gurusss

Today i was flashing mb1 to my usc s3 by following dis guide

The very first step when i command adb reboot nvrestore ,my phone was restarted (it was suppose to stuck on samsung galaxy logo )

so i again run the command adb reboot nvrestore and it was done properly dis time after that installed MB! successfully without any fail

Now ​Mb1 is successfully installed but my phone data is not working

I have repeated the same process again but no use

Plz helpp me what to do now?????

@skssha .. putting LK5 modem and enabling 1x/hdr as per kshah will definitely work .. but the process needs to be redone every reboot ..

@parin thanks for starting a separate thread ...

I think we can have data working on MD4 by:

1. Taking backup of working NV from LG1 to MD1

2. Update or flash MD4

3. Restore backup of NV on MD4

MD4 rather did not impress me much .. so i dont think it is worth experimenting .. so i am gonna be happy now with what i have :-) ... I have freezed the stock update software now :-) :-)

Maulikji,

please share how to freeze the stock update software.

@Amit Gupta

Please do not double post. If anyone have the answer to your query than they will post the solution. Please do not bump the topic again.

Getting updates on my Galaxy III 4.1.2 SCHR30U to upgrade to 4.3. It also says I won't be able to downgrade post the update.

Have read in the earlier posts that I can't upgrade my phone coz the data will stop working.

Why is it so? If I can't upgrade then how can I stop this notification.

Please respond.

Sachin,

I faced the same problem. I confess I am by no imagination an expert on the subject, but followed the various tutorials/methods by the gurus here and found the solution. I guess the only solution is to"root" the handset. Please go through the topic " How to root your Samsung Galaxy S3......." posted by RIM Addict (Amit Routray). He has also posted a tutorial on how to upgrade to MD4 after you root the phone, so that you can get all the features.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Suneeth

• Like 1

go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Software Update

Disable that APP & it wont get ask u to update anymore

• Like 2

Big Thanks to Parin for the detailed working on how to get Data working on USC S3. If you follow the instructions to a T, you should not have any problems. I was on the latest Samsung update when I lost access to mobile data and I installed the MB1 firmware instead of downgrading to ICS first and it worked like a charm. No more updates for me because I got my data working again after 2 weeks.

Will try any updates only after the gurus give their go ahead.

Thanks to all involved in working out the solution.

Cheers!!

i am new here, i just want to know after instaling MB1 its work mobile data with reliance omh sim?

Big Thanks to Parin for the detailed working on how to get Data working on USC S3. If you follow the instructions to a T, you should not have any problems. I was on the latest Samsung update when I lost access to mobile data and I installed the MB1 firmware instead of downgrading to ICS first and it worked like a charm. No more updates for me because I got my data working again after 2 weeks.

Will try any updates only after the gurus give their go ahead.

Thanks to all involved in working out the solution.

Cheers!!

i am new here, i just want to know after instaling MB1 its work mobile data with reliance omh sim?

Data works properly on rooted or stock MB1. MB1 is more or less stable for data connectivity.

I was on LG1 firmware with LG1 Baseband.. I used the above exe for MB1 without nvrestore step. Now my data is not wotking, any solution for this or should i go back to LG1?

Unlucky with all the steps..

Tried

XenonHD ROM with MB1 baseband- But no DATA

Hyper ROM with MB1 baseband- but no DATA

Whereas Data works on Official LG1 firmware.

No Hiddent codes works with 4.1.2 roms. Don't understand what is the issue. Guru's pls help

post-81612-0-07064500-1389106839_thumb.j

post-81612-0-60586300-1389106860_thumb.j

post-81612-0-55042300-1389106873_thumb.j

I was using data very well from 2 years but suddenly it stopped working as the phone got updated..

Samsung us cellular R530U

Android version 4.3

Baseband BMJA

Can you please guide way out..

Would be very thankful

Sent from my SM-G7202 using Tapatalk

I was using data very well from 2 years but suddenly it stopped working as the phone got updated..

Samsung us cellular R530U

Android version 4.3

Baseband BMJA

Can you please guide way out..

Would be very thankful

Sent from my SM-G7202 using Tapatalk

Try with RG series sim shud work

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

iam using Tata docomo, where can i can RG series sim cards

RG is RCom SIM series. Get new sim from TATA, data should work then