Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hey Arun,

Saw the new plans. Wish they had the 50Mbps plans with a lower fup and cost. Don't really need 180GB :P Do you know if they have a penalty if you downgrade plans? Tempted to upgrade to this :)

:previous:

I have seen a plan change fee (Rs.100 I think) mentioned somewhere, but I wasn't charged whenever I upgraded or downgraded plans in the past.

Ah ok. Rs.100 i can live with even if they charge :) Shall give them a call on Monday and get the plan changed.

Send an email to customercare (at) asianetindia.com with your subscriber ID and phone number for the plan change request.

Asianet has now upgraded its network to support 100 mbps speed on its DOCSIS 3 network. The Xtream 4999 plan gets 100 mbps and the other plans have a speed bump to 50/20 mbps as well. See the new plans including 100 mbps plan here: http://asianetbroadband.in/Content/Upload/642015141348509.pdf

I haven't tried the 100 mbps plan yet as I am not in Trivandrum now; will try after a month.

• Like 1

Wish they had 100mbps with a lower FUP and lower tariff :( 5k a month for broadband is something i cannot manage

Not happy with their speed consistencies either. Am on the 50mbps plan and every other time my average is at 20mbps. have to call and complain and then it will be back to 40mbps or so.

Guess i have to do a daily speedtest check :P

Could you all please share your experience with optical network terminal provided with D3 plans?

Arun, can you please update a list of modem/router ASCL provides?

Hi Arun,

I see that the asianet website now has plans for ftth/docsis3 and docsis2. tariff seems to be the same.

Could you elaborate? How do i know if my connection is docsis3 or 2?

What modem do you have? Check the model number in it.

Oh ok. It's a Cisco forgot the model number. Shall check it later in the day.

My xtream 1999 plan went up from 20 to 50mbps. I was content earlier, I wonder how I'll feel after I get a chance to try this downloading something.

Hi,

I'm Abhilash from Trivandrum. Nice to meet you all.

I've been an Asianet user for about 10 years. I am pretty unsatisfied with it so far.

Now, I have decided to upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0. Here are the new Broadband plans. I plan to go for the Dart 1470 plan. I have a few questions to the experts and existing users.

1. Will the DOCSIS 3.0 modem be provided by Asianet? I want to be the owner of the modem so I can have full control over it. I believe they tied up with Cisco. Cisco used to use Linksys modems as far as I know. Now Linksys is owned by Belkin. Can I purchase another DOCSIS 3.0 Modem from elsewhere and make it work with Asianet? I was looking into this one and this one.

2. Are connection drops less frequent with DOCSIS 3.0?

3. Does it provide better range? If not, I hope I can purchase a better router.

4. Is customer support better for DOCSIS 3.0?

Not sure if this thread is active but just wanted to know if anyone else is getting torrents blocked.

I'm stuck on connecting to peers and when i spoke to their customer care, they claim that they have received government order to block torrents. what to do?

^^ I will check that once I'm home this weekend

Yeah, looks like they have blocked torrents :/

Not sure if this thread is active but just wanted to know if anyone else is getting torrents blocked.

I'm stuck on connecting to peers and when i spoke to their customer care, they claim that they have received government order to block torrents. what to do?

Try using VPN

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is working on VPN which is why I think they have blocked it.

well after waiting for a month to see if it will work again, i took VPN for a year and two days after that, torrents start working again with Asianet :doh: