Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Reliance Communications launches 3G GSM packages at 2G rates

RComm making 3G/2G data at same price is interesting!
The plans start from Rs 123 for 1GB, Rs 246 for 2GB and Rs 492 for 4GB of 3G data. RCom will auto-upgrade existing subscribers to the new plans. From tomorrow, it will offer both 3G and 2G data plans at the same price and even 2G subscribers will be automatically updated to 3G plans.

news source

• Like 3

and what are they planning to do in 3G dark circles like UP.. :w

tapped from my phone..

If AVoId group start giving these plans then it will be superhit :)

I am waiting for Airtel to offer 3G at this rate :)

reliance rate cut karane me sabse aage raheta hai.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to ask such a question -

Do reliance have 3G license in Maharashta ? If I remember it correctly, they have license only in 4 metros, or am I missing something here?

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

Reliance 3G is available in 13 circles - Delhi, Punjab, West Bengal, Mumbai, Himachal Pradesh, Kolkata, Bihar, Orissa, Rajasthan, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and North East.

Edited by commonman

Aha...

So, the 3G price war will not benefit other circles, including Maharashtra and Gujarat :(

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^

Not like that... They havevery strong EVDO coverage in circles where they misssed 3G license (incl MH, TN, etc) and they are also going to introduce the same plan in EVDO too..

• Like 2

EVDO rates are already down to similar rates..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Today telecomtalk revealed that Airtel will be offering 1Gb 3G data for 124 :o

i am thinking whether this is short term promotional move or just like permananent.

^^^^^

Not like that... They havevery strong EVDO coverage in circles where they misssed 3G license (incl MH, TN, etc) and they are also going to introduce the same plan in EVDO too..

But that will be only through CDMA.

For the circles where Reliance does not have 3G licenses, it is a free hand given to A Vo Id.

We still do not have real affordable CDMA+GSM handsets which can run jelly bean with proper speed. To take advantage of the new price war on 3G, we need only GSM handsets and EVDO will not be usable on it.

The R-3G price cut comes with following riders,

Terms and conditions are as follows:
1) Recharge not applicable for usage in 3G dongles. Data Benefits will be forfeited if the recharge is done for usage in Data Dongles
2) Data Charges beyond free usage:10p/10KB

one question for the technical experts : how do they identify whether the SIM is being used in mobile phone or data dongle?

one question for the technical experts : how do they identify whether the SIM is being used in mobile phone or data dongle?

Data dongles have different sets of IMEI nos,so its easy for them to identify

• Like 1

I am from odisha and I am currently using 2G.How can I upgrade to 3G?

Good news but Reliance 3G is available in few circles.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

IMO, they use data sniffers at servers to analyse the IP headers and user agent strings. User agent strings are different apps on a phone than from the apps on desktop.

IMO, they use data sniffers at servers to analyse the IP headers and user agent strings. User agent strings are different apps on a phone than from the apps on desktop.

if that is the case then even when phone is used as hotspot or through usb tethering with laptop, the user agent strings would identify the use as non-mobile use.

this is stupid.

i use browsers in my phone and tablet as desktop agents.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

Reliance Communications raises 3G internet rate by 26%, cuts benefits by about 60%

NEW DELHI: Telecom operator Reliance Communications has increased 3G mobile internet rates by 26 per cent and reduced benefit on internet packages by up to 60 per cent.

The company has increased the cost of 1 GB of 3G internet usage to Rs 156 from Rs 123 it charged earlier.

The Rs 123 mobile internet pack on its 3G network will now offer only 400 MB of internet surfing, which is down by about 60 per cent.

Under the high value 3G mobile internet pack of Rs 246 and Rs 492, the company has reduced usage limit from 2GB to 1.5 GB and from 4 GB to 3 GB respectively.

The increase in mobile internet rate from RCom comes within couple of months after the three major telecom operators - Airtel, Idea Cellular and Vodafone - increased their 2G mobile internet rates by similar levels.

The increased 3G mobile internet rates by RCom are at par with 2G mobile internet rates of Airtel, Idea and Vodafone.

Here in Sri Lanka data rates does not depend on speed. Here 2G/3G/4G all have same rates..LKR299/ gives 1.5GB of data. Speed depends completely on handset.. I am surprised how telcos in india are looting us.

that now makes aircel 3g cheapest at 133 for 1.25 gb (web recharge)

• Like 1