Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
csmart

Stop Acid Attack / Support victims

Quite often we here a girl/woman attacked with acid. It has become very common in our country and seldom is done for the victims. The life of victims become hell and they are wiped out from the society. We see them as "aliens" and think they are not part of our society. This is done willingly or unwillingly. But life of a victim is shattered with almost no support from society, no support from government and suspicious eyes on lookers are enough more anybody to break down.

We forward messages, videos, jokes but seldom support such people. Now Hindustantimes has started a petition to support such victims. It is asking to provide state support, job and medical help to such victims. I've sign the petition and expect all the members, if they feel so, to do the same. We may not help monetarily but signing a petition takes few seconds. We can definitely do that..

I started this topic after getting a message on Whatsapp from a friend in US. If he can do it why can't we.

Sign petition here

Below is the forward I received on whatapp. I request everyone to forward this to all your friends and relatives. You are not loosing anything but someone may gain from it.

Friends we fwd jokes, videos and all sorts of stuff to each other thru watsap. But now here is a chance for you to take up a social cause and do some good in the society. Click the link to sign a petition for the victims of acid attack in India. Fwd it to as many friends as you can. You can read more about the victims and their stories on hindustantimes.com

http://www.hindustantimes.com/ht-promos/stopacidattacks.aspx

• Like 6

Signed...

signed..

^^^Signed

signed

How does signing petition help ? The police cant sit and watch every move of the planner of acid attacks? Nor do they know who is going to be the next victim,Acid sales cannot be stopped and even if controlled cannot be guarantied that it wont fall in the hands of such planners.

We sign petitions take out candle light marches and then we forget,a time may come when someone may develop an app so that we can keep a track of the issues we petitioned for or how many candle light marches we took.

The need of the hours is to educate,we need to volunteer to educate men to respect women and this process should start at ground level and village level,we should take part in this.Just ask how many from the whatsapp forwarder will do this in realty.Its easy to forward but coming forward is tough

Second and most important thing is to vote,during election we dont bother to see who is contesting,we either go for a holiday or sit at home watching TV or some movies on the polling day and again some gunda uneducated MP and MLA is elected.

Agreed all the contestants are the same but we need to bring out the best out from the basket of bad apples.

You and I can only change India,start with changing our politicians and convert all those forwards into actions.Petitions dont work in India,the current sets of politicians dont care what we feel or demand.

• Like 5

Signed

You and I can only change India,start with changing our politicians and convert all those forwards into actions.Petitions dont work in India,the current sets of politicians dont care what we feel or demand.

Agree with your views. But then this is also one way to show your support. This is way it helps them to put their point forward and also get noticed.

Besides, what you say are easier to say than actually working on them. Our nature and "chalta hai" attitude has ruined the country. We do not do what you are saying unless it has affected someone in our "closed/inner circle".

• Like 2