Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

Sprint Galaxy S IV SPH-L720 SIM Unlock Method GSM/WCDMA

Successfully unlocked my Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 For GSM, Airtel voice and sms works, don't have time to test anything else.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Wow, great news. Can you post some details or tutorial? Would love to get my sprint s4 unlocked for gsm..

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from Tapatalk 2

this is the unlock process

Connect phone in DM mode

Connect phone to DFS and send it the 16 digit password(Pwd): 2012112120131219

After sending the password send the following 7 commands(CMD), one by one.
4B13030000000000
4B130F006E766D2F6E756D2F313031323400
4B1308006E766D2F6E756D2F313031323400
4B13020041020000B60100006E766D2F6E756D2F313031323400
4B130500000000000000000031
4B13030000000000

Yeah.. great news.. let us kno how to proceed for that ?

Found it just before you posted

Have updated the current OP also.

Have updated the current OP also.

Super :) Confirmed working. Today is our lucky day :)

So now we can use both cdma and gsm on a single s4? One at a time. Get meid registered and use gsm with sim. Correct me if I am wrong?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

After unlock DO NOT revert back to MF9 baseband. for some reason under more data settings there is no GSM/UTMS menu. people who want to use

GSM stay on MDC/MDL baseband. if you unlock and revert back to MF9 like mentioned in the OP you wont be able to use GSM for now.

The XDA OP is for SPRINT activated phones not like ours which are not activated. for now MF9 GSM capabilities are not possible. Please who know about

this please experiment and see if anyone can retain GSM under MF9 once unlocked.

Thanks foe this info. Good to know. Glad I didn't already do this yesterday

So now we can use both cdma and gsm on a single s4? One at a time. Get meid registered and use gsm with sim. Correct me if I am wrong?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

No, one at a time only, either GSM or CDMA.

The APN settings are greyed out in the hidden menu. You can edit the APN if you have root access, by adding 2 lines in build.prop mentioned below.

ril.sales_code=LOL

ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Reboot

Goto APN SETTINGS,

Once you feed the right APN, save it.

Also add # in front of the 2 lines added earlier in build.prop, or remove/delete both lines, save and exit. If those 2 lines are not removed, you won't get GSM/UTMS under more data settings which I had mentioned in my earlier post.

I have not tried this, people who know how to edit build.prop with confidence please try and let us know. I don't have the time to do this and off to Goa for the weekend. Hope that some dealers work in this and get the data working.

Alternative would be to also to get APN manager pro and covert it into a system app. This should allow creation of APN. Have used this on other devices will try and upstate on s4 later

Alternative would be to also to get APN manager pro and covert it into a system app. This should allow creation of APN. Have used this on other devices will try and upstate on s4 later

Please try and let us know if it's possible to do in S4.

Hello,

I feel literally dumb asking this but my s4 is not downloading the 'serial port' drivers. I get the modem port but no serial port.. I have tried latest samsung drivers and diag drivers but nothing is happening.. My lappy is win7 64 bit powered, which I know is the core of the issue but there should be a sure shot method to get those drivers.. earlier I have pdanet so I removed it but that didnt helped either..

Also my phone is stock with MDL modem.. do I need to odin to MDC for the unlock or this is fine ?

Hello,

I feel literally dumb asking this but my s4 is not downloading the 'serial port' drivers. I get the modem port but no serial  port.. I have tried latest samsung drivers and diag drivers but nothing is  happening.. My lappy is win7 64 bit powered, which I know is the core of the issue but there should be a sure shot method to get those drivers.. earlier I have pdanet so I removed it but that didnt helped either.. 

Also my phone is stock with MDL modem.. do I need to odin to MDC for the unlock or this is fine ? 

Did you put the phone on DIAG mode? Under ##3424# ?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

No, one at a time only, either GSM or CDMA.

Not working :( I had my S4 registered with Reliance and I was getting "Welcome to reliance....." message before I tried this method. I never got my number retained on the phone. Just programmed it to make ready for use. After using this method I am able to get gsm working, but I am not able to go back to Reliance(CDMA) mode. As soon as I select CDMA in preferred mode it says Invalid Sim Card and I do not get *228..

Any suggestions??

@Vinod Nayak - can you please help/guide me?

Edited by maniac8828

Hello,

I feel literally dumb asking this but my s4 is not downloading the 'serial port' drivers. I get the modem port but no serial port.. I have tried latest samsung drivers and diag drivers but nothing is happening.. My lappy is win7 64 bit powered, which I know is the core of the issue but there should be a sure shot method to get those drivers.. earlier I have pdanet so I removed it but that didnt helped either..

Yeah I did and selected 'CDMA modem' option.

Can anyone trying it on win 7 64bit setting help me out.. I just wanna know what all drivers u have installed.

Hello,

Yeah I did and selected 'CDMA modem' option.

Can anyone trying it on win 7 64bit setting help me out.. I just wanna know what all drivers u have installed.

I am on Win 7 64 bit and using the drivers that are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bsdck8c4qf688l/Samsung%20USB%20Drivers%20for%20Mobile%20Phones%20%28x86%20%26%20x64%29%201.5.25.0.rar

Are you using the data cable that came with the phone? Sometimes its the issue with the cable..

• Like 1

Hi

I tried the APN MANAGER PRO settings to setup the APN and it worked absolutely fine. Got H+ running.. Super cool... Now will see if there is a way to get some Indian S4 ROM installed on this .

• Like 1

Thanks a lot mate... I will try it out..

Has anyone tried to get MF9 updated?

Has anyone tried to get MF9 updated?

I'm on MF9 and figured out how to get the data on gsm. I'm in GOA for the weekend with friends. Will post on how to on Monday.

Hello Guys !!

Finally I managed to get the serial ports detected in the DFS but then faced another issue.. after entering the PWD and clicking the arrow the logs just gets stuck at 'seaching device' and nothing happens.

I also tried the 1-click app that is included in original xda link thanks to meanngreen04 and autoprime but that doesn't do anything too.

I have tried this both on MDL and MDC basebands and no avail.

Interesting enough , I also noticed that in CDMA workshop too even after connecting to the modem, the details of the phone are not populated in there.

Can someone please lemme know what I am missing ?? Totally clueless here..

Cheers!!!

Dev