Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

Sprint Galaxy S IV SPH-L720 SIM Unlock Method GSM/WCDMA

Hi Dev

Can you check of you are able to see the details while setting the port. I saw 2 samsung options but only with one did CDMA workshop work properly. In one selection I was only seeing [] and that did not work

• Like 1

Samsung s4 makes 2 com ports try the other com port

Sent from Xiaomi Hongmi

Yes I have tried both ports.. same thing.. one thing though.. when putting the phone to DIAG mode, I am NOT asked for MSL code as mentioned in tutorial by @vinodnayak. Is it something that is unexpected.

Also is there any other way via terminal emulator to do all this.. I can do it the complex way too if that what it takes.

Yes I have tried both ports.. same thing.. one thing though.. when putting the phone to DIAG mode, I am NOT asked for MSL code as mentioned in tutorial by @vinodnayak. Is it something that is unexpected.

Also is there any other way via terminal emulator to do all this.. I can do it the complex way too if that what it takes.

OK.. finally with help and a teamviewer session with the greay Girish aka @garynsa , I got it sorted out and its unlocked now.. looking for the most stable way to get apn settings..

Also if I flash a aosp 4.3 rom will the unlock work or there would be issues ?

• Like 1

you can use hidden menu, it wont ask you for MSL

also there is an app for doing it.

2.7 version wont be able to show phone info, but it will work.

best use DFS demo and put prl and other things...

Also it is suggested not to make SPC zero, use spc as it is.

OK.. finally with help and a teamviewer session with the greay Girish aka @garynsa , I got it sorted out and its unlocked now.. looking for the most stable way to get apn settings.. 

Also if I flash a aosp 4.3 rom will the unlock work or there would be issues ?

Only if you do a hard reset then you lose the unlock.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I get cps Na error in dfs..pls help. One click button also.doesn't work

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Can u post some screenshot. That would help

The APN settings are greyed out in the hidden menu. You can edit the APN if you have root access, by adding 2 lines in build.prop mentioned below.

ril.sales_code=LOL

ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Reboot

Goto APN SETTINGS,

Once you feed the right APN, save it.

Also add # in front of the 2 lines added earlier in build.prop, or remove/delete both lines, save and exit. If those 2 lines are not removed, you won't get GSM/UTMS under more data settings which I had mentioned in my earlier post.

I have not tried this, people who know how to edit build.prop with confidence please try and let us know. I don't have the time to do this and off to Goa for the weekend. Hope that some dealers work in this and get the data working.

I used this method to get the APN working and can confirm that it works wonderfully. Also I didnt faced the issue mentioned. The two lines are still active in the build.prop and I get the GSM/UMTS setting under mobile network. In fact , now I get two enteries about 'Network type'. One populates all the options that we get with hidden menu ##4636#(not sure of exact code but something like that) and one showing 4 options : GSM/WCDMA/LTE(auto), GSM/WCDMA(auto), GSM only, WCDMA only.

One can safely use this option IMO. I use option 2 i.e GSM/WCDMA(auto)

Hey .. just out of curiosity , has anyone tried to see if it works with OMH sim ?

I was going thru build.prop and it seems that OMH is enabled by default. So it should work with correct setting. Unfortunately I dont have a OMH sim to try.

Would be an interesting thing to know.. :)

The APN settings are greyed out in the hidden menu. You can edit the APN if you have root access, by adding 2 lines in build.prop mentioned below.

ril.sales_code=LOL

ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Reboot

Goto APN SETTINGS,

Also add # in front of the 2 lines added earlier in build.prop, or remove/delete both lines, save and exit. If those 2 lines are not removed, you won't get GSM/UTMS under more data settings which I had mentioned in my earlier post.

I have not tried this, people who know how to edit build.prop with confidence please try and let us know. I don't have the time to do this and off to Goa for the weekend. Hope that some dealers work in this and get the data working.

I used this method to get the APN working and can confirm that it works wonderfully. Also I didnt faced the issue mentioned. The two lines are still active in the build.prop and I get the GSM/UMTS setting under mobile network. In fact , now I get two enteries about 'Network type'. One populates all the options that we get with hidden menu ##4636#(not sure of exact code but something like that) and one showing 4 options : GSM/WCDMA/LTE(auto), GSM/WCDMA(auto), GSM only, WCDMA only.

What Rom are you on? Stock MDL or MF9 or any other custom Rom.

Hey .. just out of curiosity , has anyone tried to see if it works with OMH sim ?

I was going thru build.prop and it seems that OMH is enabled by default. So it should work with correct setting. Unfortunately I dont have a OMH sim to try.

Tried didn't work

Nope does not work. Tried it.

ril.sales_code=LOL

ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Reboot

Goto APN SETTINGS,

Stock MDL with MDC baseband .. rooted ..

what it says ? invalid sim ?

ril.sales_code=LOL

ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Reboot

Goto APN SETTINGS,

Stock MDL with MDC baseband .. rooted .. 

what it says ? invalid sim ?

Yup

S4 flash tool on XDA works like a charm to get gsm unlocked

I was trying to do radio prog for reliane. I had the GSM unlocked a while back and then restored to MF9 update..

However due to some reason I am not bee able to get in DIAG mode.. I have tried codes ##3424# *#7284# and ##3282# but it says 'INVALID MMI code" error..

Is there any alternate way to get in DIAG mode, maybe thru TE/ADB or via a script ? Also is there something I might be doing wrong ?

Pl need urgent help ! Thanks !!!

I was trying to do radio prog for reliane. I had the GSM unlocked a while back and then restored to MF9 update..

However due to some reason I am not bee able to get in DIAG mode.. I have tried codes ##3424# *#7284# and ##3282# but it says 'INVALID MMI code" error..

Is there any alternate way to get in DIAG mode, maybe thru TE/ADB or via a script ? Also is there something I might be doing wrong ?

Pl need urgent help ! Thanks !!!

With help fro Vinod Sir, got the solution. Dialer code *#0808# works like a charm.. it also bypasses use of MSl/SPC.

Thanks alot Vinod Sir. u re the best!

• Like 1

Requesting Mods/OP to Modify the title of topic appropriately as this thread has lot of useful information.

I would just like to thank you guys I'm fully unlocked and with my apn settings available you guys are magic.

Next issue is data seems to connect ok no issues but I do not get 4g I'm based in the uk I'm on a 4g contract is there a way in which to resolve this problem ?

I would just like to thank you guys I'm fully unlocked and with my apn settings available you guys are magic.

Next issue is data seems to connect ok no issues but I do not get 4g I'm based in the uk I'm on a 4g contract is there a way in which to resolve this problem ?

No 4G to test here in India

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hi guys some advice needed on a sim unlock again my previous phone broke which was rooted and sucessfully unlocked and functional on 4.2 it was downgraded and the rest for it to work . I have now recieved another working handset which has 4.3 and is fully stock it's on mdc and I need to get this unlocked like my old phone and fully functional please can you help me out and tell me what I will have to do to get this upgraded version sim unlocked thank you .

^^^ I believe it is not possible to unlock the phone for GSM purposes with 'KNOX'(you got to downgrade your modem to MDC which is not possible with KNOX), I'm not sure but I think that is the case and I read your above question regarding getting 4G data in UK with Sprint S4, never ever buy a Sprint phone to use with 4G networks in UK, they don't work, because Sprint 4G bands are different.

Thanks for the advice but the phone I got is already on MDC so where does that leave me ?

Thanks for the advice but the phone I got is already on MDC so where does that leave me ?

It's possible to unlock with MDC baseband. So follow OP which has the xda link. Once unlocked it stays even if you upgrade to MJA or MK2 .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk