Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

Sprint Galaxy S IV SPH-L720 SIM Unlock Method GSM/WCDMA

^^^ I believe it is not possible to unlock the phone for GSM purposes with 'KNOX'(you got to downgrade your modem to MDC which is not possible with KNOX), I'm not sure but I think that is the case and I read your above question regarding getting 4G data in UK with Sprint S4, never ever buy a Sprint phone to use with 4G networks in UK, they don't work, because Sprint 4G bands are different.

Hi thanks for the advice the phone I have is already on MDC the software version is L720VPUAMDC android version 4.3 baseband version L720VPUAMDC build number JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2 hope this info helps as I'm totally confused as of now for what to do to get internationally unlocked .

I cannot get the MSL code from he phone I have tried the getprop ril.MSL in terminal emulator and still no luck is there another way or am I doing something not quiet right as stated on previous post the phone is on 4.3 and Is mdc

I cannot get the MSL code from he phone I have tried the getprop ril.MSL in terminal emulator and still no luck is there another way or am I doing something not quiet right as stated on previous post the phone is on 4.3 and Is mdc

Try this, you gotta be online on your phone to get the MSL though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=18035

Edited by Vinod Nayak

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=18035

Sorry for the dumbness I do have to do this from my phone download and install it right ?

Sorry for the dumbness I do have to do this from my phone download and install it right ?

Yes download it, install it, connect to Wi-Fi then run the program.

Flash MJA full firmware, then follow the OP, the unlock works for MJA, does not work for MK2.

I'm already on mja aren't i ? That is 4.3 isn't it ?

Have you put the phone on DM mode ?

No sorry the phone was not in DM mode

Ok let's start from the beginning the phone I received is on 4.3 L720VPUAMDC android version 4.3 baseband version L720VPUAMDC build number JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2 I haven't done anything else to the phone apart from get the MSL with your help and also done this part

Open the phone app and enter dialer code ##3424# then select Qualcomm USB Setting and select the last option, DM + MDM + ADB and hit OK. BE SURE TO SET BACK TO MTP+ADB WHEN THIS IS ALL DONE.You may be asked your for SPC/MSL code prior to the menu opening. You can get this from Sprint or by doing the following... Open ##3282# menu and hit Edit. Enter 123456 and it Ok.. you will be told it is incorrect. Now open terminal emulator and type in "getprop ril.MSL" without the quotes and you should have your MSL.

I could not do any of this part tried it with terminal emulator and nothing happened what have I done wrong here

AOSP: Connect phone to computer. Enable USB Debugging in the Developer options. Open command prompt/terminal.

Enter adb shell. Then type su hit enter.

Confirm # then type setprop sys.usb.config diag,acm,adb then hit enter. This mode disables itself after you reboot the phone.

No sorry the phone was not in DM mode

Ok let's start from the beginning the phone I received is on 4.3 L720VPUAMDC android version 4.3 baseband version L720VPUAMDC build number JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2 I haven't done anything else to the phone apart from get the MSL with your help and also done this part

Open the phone app and enter dialer code ##3424# then select Qualcomm USB Setting and select the last option, DM + MDM + ADB and hit OK. BE SURE TO SET BACK TO MTP+ADB WHEN THIS IS ALL DONE.You may be asked your for SPC/MSL code prior to the menu opening. You can get this from Sprint or by doing the following... Open ##3282# menu and hit Edit. Enter 123456 and it Ok.. you will be told it is incorrect. Now open terminal emulator and type in "getprop ril.MSL" without the quotes and you should have your MSL.

I could not do any of this part tried it with terminal emulator and nothing happened what have I done wrong here

AOSP: Connect phone to computer. Enable USB Debugging in the Developer options. Open command prompt/terminal.

Enter adb shell. Then type su hit enter.

Confirm # then type setprop sys.usb.config diag,acm,adb then hit enter. This mode disables itself after you reboot the phone.

MK2 build, flash the full MJA firmware. Install the app posted 3 or 5 posts before this one. Connect to the net and run it to get your MSL.

Use MSL to put the phone in DM mode, use the one click unlock.exe to unlock.

Also before typing getprop.MSL, you gotta type su & get root access to terminal.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Hi Vinod I have entered the MSL and a lot of menus have come up which one do I select for DM mode and do I go into edit or view ?

Hi Vinod I have entered the MSL and a lot of menus have come up which one do I select for DM mode and do I go into edit or view ?

Do you know how to take a screenshot? Next time post a screenshot.

Dial ##3424# enter MSL, choose the last option DM+MDM+ADB.

now connect your phone to pc, let it install drivers for diag mode, once completed use the unlock.exe from the original xda link and run it. If successful, you should get a message phone unlocked, rebooting. Your phone should reboot. Insert local SIM and check.

Vinod you are a genius I would like to thank you very much for helping me out and taking the time to go through the processes with me.

Vinothji helped me a hell lot in setting 2 phones right. People like him are very few in this forum who help us out of nowhere on the first help asked. Thank u !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Does this phone also supports cdma network in India or only gsm will work because as per its specifications on sprint websites evdo also mentioned there . So please suggest me if it supports cdma or not as i am planning to buy this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy CDMA support in this phone