Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SBINOYP

Tutorial: Activate Reliance CDMA on iPhone 4 CDMA (Cydia method)

i made this guide from other tutorials from the valuable members here and other forums,

im just trying to making it easier by my experiance, credits to the original posters and post members, thanks to them all over various forums and websites,

this is the guide for iphone 4 cdma, locked to verizon or sprint, and let it work with reliance cdma, reliance prl file, (google will give u)

Things u need, iphone 4 cdma jailbroken(mine was 6.0.1, existing reliance cdma number,

NOTE: Only people with basic knowledge abt jailbreak and iphone can do all this, others pls find someone who can do all this for you>

Step one: obtain MIN number of ur reliance number. from relaince webworld, (not an ec job they wont give it to customers usually) or if u can arrange a UIM based nokia cdma handset u will get the MIN number, google it for further details,

Step two : after getting MIN , register ur iphone's MEID to reliance, costs around Rs 500, various members here are doing it, check for them, they will register ur MEID to relaince and they will give u AKEY number,

Step three : Once u finish register the MEID and getting AKEY proceed to jailbreak the iphone and add commcentre and cricket carrier bundle from cydia, there r various cydia repo sourse u will get for adding the correct commcentre and cricket carrier bundle, repos like easyflashstudio and ............ repo,

Step four : Swap your reliance cdma number to iphone, reliance mdn to iphone meid, this can be done through reliance webworld for free , they will ask for id card copy of ur existing reliance number,

Step five : Manualy flash NAM. dial ##2539 enter AKEY number, then dial ##626 enter spc 000000, then enter ur existing reliance number(MDN), then enter MIN , done for now,

Step six : this is a long and tricky process

go to iphone jailbreaked filesystem, through softwares like ifunbox or iphonebrowser,

go to settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder,
cricket carrier bundle folder name may differ it myt be like cricket ftt bundle or cricket apleflahser bundle,(make sure its not cricket us folder its not cracked folder its just a default folder, we need patched folder)

go to that folder and edit carrier.plist file, there is a string called key>PrlPushFlag</key> <false/> edit it as true. like key>PrlPushFlag</key>
<true/> and save the file ,

now delete carrier.prl file

rename reliance prl file to carrier.prl and paste it to same folder, restart phone,

again goto settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder, find carrier.plist file which we edited earlier, re edit it,
means like this, true to false >PrlPushFlag</key>
<false/>
save it, restart phone, done,

now your phone will work with ur reliance number, do all the steps carefully, every folder and file part is so specific, google if u need any files,

and note that by this method only text and call will work, no data 1x or 3g

for data and 3g, there r many members here doing all those things u can contact them and they will guide u abt payment and all,

happy unlocking guys,

• Like 9

i made this guide from other tutorials from the valuable members here and other forums,

im just trying to making it easier by my experiance, credits to the original posters and post members, thanks to them all over various forums and websites,

this is the guide for iphone 4 cdma, locked to verizon or sprint, and let it work with reliance cdma, reliance prl file, (google will give u)

Things u need, iphone 4 cdma jailbroken(mine was 6.0.1, existing reliance cdma number,

NOTE: Only people with basic knowledge abt jailbreak and iphone can do all this, others pls find someone who can do all this for you>

Step one: obtain MIN number of ur reliance number. from relaince webworld, (not an ec job they wont give it to customers usually) or if u can arrange a UIM based nokia cdma handset u will get the MIN number, google it for further details,

Step two : after getting MIN , register ur iphone's MEID to reliance, costs around Rs 500, various members here are doing it, check for them, they will register ur MEID to relaince and they will give u AKEY number,

Step three : Once u finish register the MEID and getting AKEY proceed to jailbreak the iphone and add commcentre and cricket carrier bundle from cydia, there r various cydia repo sourse u will get for adding the correct commcentre and cricket carrier bundle, repos like easyflashstudio and ............ repo,

Step four : Swap your reliance cdma number to iphone, reliance mdn to iphone meid, this can be done through reliance webworld for free , they will ask for id card copy of ur existing reliance number,

Step five : Manualy flash NAM. dial ##2539 enter AKEY number, then dial ##626 enter spc 000000, then enter ur existing reliance number(MDN), then enter MIN , done for now,

Step six : this is a long and tricky process

go to iphone jailbreaked filesystem, through softwares like ifunbox or iphonebrowser,

go to settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder,

cricket carrier bundle folder name may differ it myt be like cricket ftt bundle or cricket apleflahser bundle,(make sure its not cricket us folder its not cracked folder its just a default folder, we need patched folder)

go to that folder and edit carrier.plist file, there is a string called key>PrlPushFlag</key> <false/> edit it as true. like key>PrlPushFlag</key>

<true/> and save the file ,

now delete carrier.prl file

rename reliance prl file to carrier.prl and paste it to same folder, restart phone,

again goto settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder, find carrier.plist file which we edited earlier, re edit it,

means like this, true to false >PrlPushFlag</key>

<false/>

save it, restart phone, done,

now your phone will work with ur reliance number, do all the steps carefully, every folder and file part is so specific, google if u need any files,

and note that by this method only text and call will work, no data 1x or 3g

for data and 3g, there r many members here doing all those things u can contact them and they will guide u abt payment and all,

happy unlocking guys,

Is sms incoming and outgoing working for you ??

Dear friends,

Please help any body i have activated my number on iphone 4 cdma its saying switches off, any body do otaf for this, my meid a100001ad1**** number 9985444369,

meid regestered on reliance i have inserted akey in handset. with getstat it will work with prepaid gsk and postpaid gsk and hcc its showing on sms, but its saying when i dial *228 contact to customer care.......................

thanx & regards,

Srinivas reddy.

Has anyone actually tried it here personally?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^

Can you explain your issue a little more as I think it's too brief to understand.

Wat do you mean by "i have activated my no on iPhone 4" ?? did you get your no transferred on the iPhone ?

Wat do you hear on dialing *228 ?? "contact reliance customer care" or "your phone could not be activated please contact reliance customer care" because both mean completely different.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly

^^^^^

Can you explain your issue a little more as I think it's too brief to understand.

Wat do you mean by "i have activated my no on iPhone 4" ?? did you get your no transferred on the iPhone ?

Wat do you hear on dialing *228 ?? "contact reliance customer care" or "your phone could not be activated please contact reliance customer care" because both mean completely different.

thanx for reply, i have transfor my number yesterday, old ruim saying resume services after that i try to activate my iphone 4 it's saying "your phone could not be activated please contact reliance customer care" please help me.

^^^

Now it's clear. Your problem is that your no has been successfully transferred on the iPhone but you are unable to do OTAF.

Just visit the WW from where you got your no transferred and ask them to raise a complain for "OTAF not happening" (they know how to do so). Give them your correct alternate no on which company can reach you. You will get a call from reliance within few hours and they will do the rest.

• Like 4

hi,

ya, today i went reliance webworld, i will tell him my phone not yet activated, he checked on system, he told me successfully transfored ur number but it will activated, he told me he will raise complaint for otaf via mail but it will take 24h, so i am waiting for activation.

Hi,

yesterday my phone activated successfully, but one more dought, if i want reset content and setting it will delete prl and min number or not? if i update io7 is it work? why because io7 not yet support jailbreak for prl write.

Hello to all iPhone Gurus on Rimweb

Checked google but couldn't find one available, so asking here. Anyone know if a Reliance carrier bundle exists for iphone 4?

Or if any kind soul with a working iphone (voice + data) could help me with a copy of the bundle folder from thier iphone? (you can remove the passwords before giving it to me). Or just a fully functional copy of the carrier.plist file would also be very helpful.

Thanks a ton

omi

Hi gurus,

I am trying to flash a Verizon iPhone to reliance and it somehow is not taking the prl. It is an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.3, with tethered jailbreak with redsnow, cydia installed, using Dfs to reprogram the handset. After reprogram when I read the data, the set shows the correct parameters but still no service. When I read the data from redsnow, the mcc shows 310 instead of 404 and prl says VZW. Even after Dfs, the prl does not seem to be sticking :-(

I even tried loading the reliance prl directly in to the carrier bundle folders but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Omi

FYI I guess this one works only with Sprint iPhone 4 not with Verizon or others. I have tested it especially the STEP 5 (Dial ##2539 enter AKEY number, then dial ##626 enter spc 000000, then enter ur existing reliance number(MDN), then enter MIN) and it's not working on my Verizon iPhone 4. Any idea how to update NAM manually on Verizon iPhones? :ko2:

FYI I guess this one works only with Sprint iPhone 4 not with Verizon or others. I have tested it especially the STEP 5 (Dial ##2539 enter AKEY number, then dial ##626 enter spc 000000, then enter ur existing reliance number(MDN), then enter MIN) and it's not working on my Verizon iPhone 4. Any idea how to update NAM manually on Verizon iPhones? :ko2:

it works for all iPhone 4's.

##2539 is a standard phone command so it will always work on any phone. But in order to get ##626 to work you will need a patched commcenter. Currently that is only available for upto iOS 6.1.3 (i have copy of patched CM if u want). If you are on 7.x then you're out of luck (like me :-)). To enter the MIN and MDN you will need to do one of these:

- rollback iOS to 6.1.3

- or use a tool like iDFS or iPhone Toolbox

Verizon phones are easier to work with since their SPC's are 000000 by default, while Sprint phone never have zeros so you have to use some tool to reset that first. I've got a verizon phone with full talk and internet (1x only although, working on getting EVDO).

If you need help, PM me (I'm also struggling with my ifone 4 but happy to help) and we can talk over phone.

it works for all iPhone 4's.

##2539 is a standard phone command so it will always work on any phone. But in order to get ##626 to work you will need a patched commcenter. Currently that is only available for upto iOS 6.1.3 (i have copy of patched CM if u want). If you are on 7.x then you're out of luck (like me :-)). To enter the MIN and MDN you will need to do one of these:

- rollback iOS to 6.1.3

- or use a tool like iDFS or iPhone Toolbox

Verizon phones are easier to work with since their SPC's are 000000 by default, while Sprint phone never have zeros so you have to use some tool to reset that first. I've got a verizon phone with full talk and internet (1x only although, working on getting EVDO).

If you need help, PM me (I'm also struggling with my ifone 4 but happy to help) and we can talk over phone.

Hmm..

Can you please send me the patched CM? I have sent you a message.

Actually I have two iPhone 4 CDMA and both are Verizon's. One was programmed through iDFS (Which I did on 6.1) and today upgraded to 7.0.4. Absurd matter is still the Call, SMS and EVDO(and 1X) data are working without Jailbreaking or programming using iDFS again!! Now I am not willing to spend another ₹3200 for programming the other phone, that's why I was checking with this method. Anyways, please send me the patched CM via MSG.

Thanks

Nothing absurd in that - iDFS replaces the PRL and the NAM details in the radio area that the phone uses actively. The 'stock' backups are maintained in a separate area that the phone refers to when you do an upgrade/ restore. It then pulls the data from here.

When you program from the cydia method, the idea is to place the PRL in the backup area then trick the phone in to thinking that an update has happened so it picks up the new PRL (that's why the flags have to be made true and the false, and the values have to be incremented).

Both methods will work fine and keep your phone operational on reliance even if you upgrade.

is commcenter patch available for ios 7 ????

Nope, I've been scouring the forums for this but it doesn't seem to be available yet.

Nope, I've been scouring the forums for this but it doesn't seem to be available yet.

ok have anyone tried 6.1.2 commcenter patch on ios 7???

That won't work at all. The commceter files are made by patching specific bytes in the file such that it skips reading the signature in the carrier bundle files. Each commcenter is specific to the os version - a file from 6.1.2 won't work on 6.1.3, far less 7. IOS 7 has a newer architecture and actually has 2 commcenter files inside :-( in the same damn folder!

Well, I got a CommCenter for iOS 7 from another website. Here is the details:

• Like 2

Thank man.

Its great news that 4s commcenter ios 7 patch is available

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Hi,

Anyone tested this method on iOS 7? In my iPhone 4 outgoing SMS is not working..
Any idea or solution?

can anyone guide how to get data on Iphone 4 verizon, i have transferred number and calls and data working perfectly . .

can anyone guide how to get data on Iphone 4 verizon, i have transferred number and calls and data working perfectly . .

Amazing Post! You mention data working perfectly, still want guidance on how to get data!

• Like 3