Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitroutray

Update Your Samsung Galaxy S3 - US Cellular [SCH-R530U] to Latest MD4

will all data work with tata...

will voice and evdo work in all sim

I personally don't have Tata and MTS SIM. So, can't say :(

But I think it should work. B'coz we are only Upgrading the ROM not changing its Modem.

how to edit apn

change default apn

S3 usc works with tata omh with data, voice and SMS.

A FRIENDLY WARNING
If you want to play, but play safe, then flash touchwiz based roms and never try to update your radio aka modem.
This way the chances Are things will keep running smooth.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

Off Topic

@amit..anything similar for epic 4g touch?? :unsure:

Dear Praveen if you are not in GB27 then download the one click rooted restore ODIN version and Flash.

Here is the Link http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34621-update-your-sprint-samsung-epic-4g-touch-d-710-to-the-latest-official-leaked-and-custom-rom/?p=289173

• Like 1

@Amit, Just an suggestion.

Please add following to first post....

"Phone should be rooted with recovery installed" and give your rooting post link there...

It will help a new person looking at this post !

• Like 2

Thank you Hitesh ji. Updated :previous:

What if one has done ota to md4. Whats the solution to have data work. If i go to the previous version will it work. Coz some one mentioned that data doesn't once handset rebooted

@Pradeep a thread already started by Parinda about the problem. Plz refer the Link :

Triggered from my SCH-R530 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ya I m aware about the above mentioned thread. But just want to know if data will be lost after reboot even if I do as per parin dadas post

Ya I m aware about the above mentioned thread. But just want to know if data will be lost after reboot even if I do as per parin dadas post

Yes dat works even after restart,

• Like 1

I have a strange problem on my US Cellular S3 - Tata CDMA

I am unable to answer incoming calls from international numbers...

When I slide the answer key, the phone continues to ring, but does not get answered.

Tried formatting the phone, but still no luck...

:previous: If You are on MD4, then Wipe all and Flash the ROM again.

Thank you Amit,

Didn't try the solution you provided.

Now I'm on CM 10.1.3 Baseband MB1.

I guess there is some problem with Tata. As I've tried with a Reliance prepaid number on the same handset and I was able to answer an incoming international call. But the same does not work with Tata. On Tata, the phone restarts when I answer the incoming international call, and then I can't find the call record in incoming nor in missed call records.

I have tried my Tata number on Motorola Electrify M, the incoming international call can be answered but the call duration shows 00.00, even when the call is ongoing. Strange....

One of my friend in Haryana was also using Tata on S3 USC, even he had a strange problem. When the mobile data is on he could not see incoming calls. The caller on the other end used to get call waiting message. But I did not face any such problem in AP.

Strange things happening with Tata :-(

My hunt for a good handset to be used with Tata is still on. Friends please suggest.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I think Sougata da has a TATA connections on his S3. Request him to help on this issue :)

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

No, I've ported out of Tata when Tata closed its postpaid service here in rest of West Bengal circle.

From my experience, I feel the problem is of Tata only. With 1X, data often overrides voice. That's why a caller gets busy tone. EvDO shouldn't have this problem. But I don't know, anything can happen with Tata. I used to use hTc Touch 6900 on which strange thing used to happen. While I used to dial a number, it would let me hear the called person's voice even if it was yet to be connected. This was an advantage that while ringing I could hear many secret things. After many months of this enjoyment, Tata stopped this free service to me.

• Like 1

Try and see if ddtm is on in

##data#

Edit=enter spc = evdo = ddtm = turn it off, though ddtm gives an engaged tone to the caller, but still you can give this a go

Add ADD-ONs to your MD4 4.1.2 - Call Recording, Camera Shutter toggle, Lidroid Toggles

Guys... From the concept SHARING IS CARING ;) Here are some ADD-ONs for your TouchWiz MD4 4.1.2

Total Credit goes to: RMarkwald of Team US Cellular :hi2:

These are for MD4 ONLY! Please do not flash these to any other ROM! These are deodexed files, and won't work with an odexed MD4 ROM!

These flashable zips attached to this post do the following...

Note: I am assuming that your Phone should be rooted with recovery installed on MD4. If you are not plz follow this Link :excl:

MD4_SecPhone_Call_Recording.zip - Flash via recovery. Replaces SecPhone.apk in /system/app. When placing a call, you'll notice a button that says "Record". If you hit this, it will record that phone call. It gets saved to internal memory into the folder called Sounds. The file extension is .amr, and playing in the stock Samsung Music Player just fine.

post-69747-0-35342600-1379781591_thumb.p post-69747-0-76790500-1379781610_thumb.p

MD4_Samsung_Camera_Toggle_Shutter_Sound.zip - Flash via recovery. Replaces SamsungCamera.apk in /system/app. This add the option to enable/disable the "click" shutter sound when using the stock Samsung camera. You'll see it when you open the Samsung camera app, hit Settings, and scroll down. This also allows the flash to be used when battery is low, as out of the box Samsung disables camera flash when battery is reported low by the system.

post-69747-0-58057900-1379781820_thumb.p

Lidroid_togglemod_MD4.zip - Flash via recovery. Replaces SystemUI.apk in /system/app; Adds LidroidSettings.apk to /system/app; Adds lidroid-res.apk to /system/framework. This removes the stock Samsung status bar toggles and replaces them with lidroid's toggles. You change these by opening the app called AdvanceS in the App Drawer. From there you can select the quick toggles you want, and reorder them as you'd like as well.

post-69747-0-39930100-1379785469_thumb.p post-69747-0-43536000-1379785458_thumb.p post-69747-0-08941800-1379788579_thumb.p post-69747-0-60791200-1379788658_thumb.p

Have been running those for more than a week now and One thing to say here the Wifi Hotspot working like a champ android-smile.png

Attached Files:

1. MD4_SecPhone_Call_Recording.zip

2. MD4_Samsung_Camera_Toggle_Shutter_Sound.zip

3. Lidroid_togglemod_MD4.zip

The Procedure:

Step1. Download the above files on your SD_Card or Internal Memory preferably.

Step2. Backup your ROm : make a Nandroid , and also Backup Data and apps with MyBackup Root

Step3. Boot in to recovery by selecting recovery from restart menu or pressing vol up + power button after phone switched off.

Step4. Wipe Cache , Wipe Dalvik and flash the files one by one by selecting Install Zip.

Step5. Once finished reboot the phone android-smile.png

Enjoy... :thumb:

• Like 4

Thanks a ton Amit. All of you guys rock.

A layman on Android like me could simply follow the steps and everything worked beautifully. First it was Parin's tutorial on getting data to work after the upgrade...the success of trying that gave me the confidence to try out, Rooting, MD4 and Super DeBloater. Cool... :-)

Thanks again and best regards

Suneeth

• Like 1

Hi

I am using a S3 US Cellular for my other number. Got the number transferred to a RUIM and put it in the phone, While status in settings is showing EVDO it is showing as disconnected. I m not able to get data on the phone. It is Rooted wit CWM recovery installed as per the guide here,

It is on MD1 4.1.2

What can be the problem

Did you update it to the latest MD4 via OTA ?

no it is on MB1 Version

no it is on MB1 Version

Have u checked with any other sim?

Sent from my HERO200