Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Strange issue with MTNL Broadband

Hi i am using mtnl bb from past many years,

Mtnl has taken good care of me always, but from past three months i am sick of a strange issue with my connection.

Upon booting up my sterling sam 300 modem takes anywhere between half an hour to may be one hour to latch onto network, ( adsl keeps blinking all this while)

But once it connects, it stays connected and doesnt disconnects or gives rto.

I have got my line changed, local and remote pairs changed, Instrument and splitter all changed, but the issue is still there, for this reason I have to keep the power to the modem on all the time.

Has my modem gone rogue or what's the issue.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

check with your neighbors having MTNL,

see if they have same issue.

if they have mtnl , exchange your router for a day or two.

It seems modem has a issue....normally life of a broadband modem is around 2 - 3 years max....try chaging that....it should work

It seems modem has a issue....normally life of a broadband modem is around 2 - 3 years max....try chaging that....it should work

Using same type of modem from last 5 years, no issues at all !

Using same type of modem from last 5 years, no issues at all !

Yes thats right...but power condition, weather conditions etc are different everywhere....my experience says majority these kind of strange issues are solved by replacing modem..

I am sure its not the modem, the line has some issues, I have asked mtnl to fix it, if there is no earth left in the line then i ll get the pairs changed piece more and in the end will give a go to the modem

^^^

You may be right about replacing modem, but life of these modems cannot be judge,

there are different provider with different makers.

every one is having their own build and quality.

like I have one ADSL modem in chennai on airtel. make D-Link 502T, working from last 7-8 years. without an issue.

Pune office modem is also 6 year old. its on TATA, make beetel.

I too had similar issue with MTNL Broadband for entire July Month.. After lot of pestering and follow ups, got the lineman to change the cable pair from their junctionbox till the endpoint . It worked fine for 2 days.. and on the 3rd day back to square 1 with no connection.

Decided to dump MTNL .. applied for Airtel Braodband .n. the internet was up in 36 hours. Using the same DLINK router (4 years old) which was used for MNTL

I am a happy man now.

Its a tricky situation ... did you try a different model and see if the problem is with the modem or not ?? try the same modem on another ADSL line and check if it latches to a DSL Signal quick

Yesterday I got the remote pair changed as the line was faulty, but lol its still the same.

Today being an off will get mtnl to change the modem too tomorrow.

I could go for other service providers, but the thing is I hate fair usage policy, i hate caps even if they are high.

Also I am a privileged member at mtnl so get good service and all.

i faced similar problem with Airtel. finally issue found was in Airtel Box. Connection was loose and there was a short circuit too.

Ask the exchange ppl to change your port, it might work

I got all done myself by being physically present inside their mdf 2 days back.

Got full wire changed, got dp changed, remote and oral pairs changed, checked the pairs myself and they were RTO.

Port was already changed last week.

Issue was some loose connections at the mdf boards.

Their CLIP facility was also faulty, that made matters worse for me.

But its all fixed now.