Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

HTC One Dual SIM CDMA + GSM 802D

Had word with HTC as per them sms patch available was compatible with Icecream. They are working on a new patch for Kit Kat which will be available in a week probably OTA.

My SMS issue resolve after updating to kitkat update OTA update . So pls try to update May SMS problem solved.

Had word with HTC as per them sms patch available was compatible with Icecream. They are working on a new patch for Kit Kat which will be available in a week probably OTA.

Heights of HTC....this is how they treat premium customers...

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk 2

Worst company for customer care support. It leaves their customer to fend and resolve their issues on their own.

We all have been very helpful to each other by guiding them for a solution to their problems.

Kudos to all members.

• Like 1

My SMS issue resolve after updating to kitkat update OTA update . So pls try to update May SMS problem solved.

lol

i never had sms problem ever in 4.2.2 but after updating to Kitkat the problem appeared out of nowhere. It has not come back after the sms fix.

Nitink, have u restarted ur phone after the fix? If not kindly do so and confirm if the fix has really solved ur problem.

yes i did and checked at the service center itself.

So nitink ji

I should go to kamalanagar or wait for ota update patch?

This htc dual sim handset frustrating me

your call. waiting for OTA does not make sense since HTC took more than 6 months to give us kitkat from 4.2.2.

also when i asked htc india about OTA, they told me not many people have complained about this issue since only a handful would be using cdma on sim 1.

for me sms play an important role in banking and all. without those sms we will never know incase of any fraud happens since my cdma number is linked to my bank account/rail sms/insurance blah blah. .

Hi Anant,

I am observing that you are really bothered for last fwe days because of SMS not working.

As mentioned by Nitin there is a fix and he got it done by visiting Kamlanagar outlet after he upgraded to Kitkat(4.4.2) and nitin is happy that the problem is resolved.

Would recommend you to visit the kamlanagar outlet and go to the surd if he is present that day. You can also refer that one of ur colleagues got this fixed few days back.(hope nitin dosent mind)

Do post in ur comments once you have vivited kamlanagr outlet.

DO NOT wait for HTC feedback..

best of luck.

Pl do the activity for SMS problem till the patches updation by HTC.

power off the hand set

Remove the CDMA SIM

Switch on the handset

After rebooting completely

Insert the SIM

Don't allow the handset to switch off if switched off pl do the above activity again.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's good idea and best of luck

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Restart / switch off creates problem. So best way is to avoid them.

HTC really high tech handset.

Thanx nitink sir and kanwar sir for concern my prob

Ultimately solution is to visit kamlanagar

But from 2 days sms are receiving my cdma

Not regularly but receiving

Don know what how... I didn't do anything

Strange..

New update is available with HTC Service Centre.

Hi Saurav,

Can you pls post some more details about teh update you are refering to. as to what its for?

Cheers,

Manish

Its a patch for SMS issue on HTC One Dual CDMA SIM compatible with Kit Kat. Earlier one was not compatible with Kit Kat.

If someone gets latest patch installed please post your feedback as I have to travel one side 140 KM to get that Patch.

Service centre nearby needs handset for 15 days as its only in a collection centre.

To be in Indian market HTC should increase its customer service centre or should focus over OTA updates.

Edited by Saurav

yesterday i was clicking pictures in low light and the dreaded purple tint showed up. Been a while that I clicked any pics after kitkat and seems the update has messed up the camera settings as well.

will have to visit kamla nagar again soon. really pissed with HTC and doubt my next would be from them.

Spoke to HTC cust care about SMS issue on Reliance CDMA.

They confirmed that a patch has been released for Kit Kat and the patch version is 2.23.720.2.

This has to be done by visiting service center, its NOT available OTA as its being faced by few people only.

Guys good news I went to service center & they did the kitkat upgrade for me without charging me a single penny. Mine is 802d & it had tampered with relocked screen. Now after upgrade it is only showing relocked. Guide me how to back up this stock Rom for others to help as well as should I reunlock the boot loader & reroot it. Will there be any further updates for this phone.

Thx a lot Saurav Dear...

can anyone confirm what is the default Reliance CDMA Sms Center Number

really pissed with HTC and buying this handset was the worst decision of my life.

i was traveling during holi and i faced the post kitkat issue of wifi not connecting, in spite of the fix posted everywhere still i cud not connect. so i decided to restart my device. This turned to be the worst decision of my life as the same old sms issue reoccurred. had to book railway tickets and do online purchases. The nightmare continued in a family function and since it was outdoors the purple haze made clicking pics a nightmare.

point to note is that pre kitkat, i never had any purple haze issues nor sms issue nor wifi issues.

returned to delhi yesterday and checked my mail. had a feedback email from HTC for which i gave them the worst'est possible feedback.

took my device to kamla nagar and explained my issues. They asked me to wait for an hour as they agreed to change the camera there and then and also do the sms fix. In between i received a call from HTC Mumbai inquiring why i gave them such a horrid feedback. I gave him my piece of my mind and he spoke to the kamla nagar service guys and assured me that the issue will be resolved.

As promised the camera module was changed in about 90 minutes and they tried the sms patch but this time i insisted on restarting the device to see if i receive the sms. After the restart, sms issue was back and this time the service head called chennai and explained his superiors the issue. The chennai guys asked for a log from my handset and they sent some files using ftp and blah blah. Since the service guys did not have a RIM cdma number they asked me to wait and the whole process took about an hour more as they had to install some files, upload some to HTC chennai and also make a video of the entire thing. finally became free at 6.45 ( i had reached there by 3.30).

they have kept my handset with no possible fix except changing the motherboard to that of jellybean. That too they need to see if the motherboard they have in stock are of the previous android version ( 4.2.2) else i will have to live with a faulty handset till HTC India offer a permanent sms fix.

god save mankind from HTC.

• Like 1

Nitin Bhai...

It's high time, I am too facing this problem of sms now with gsm after kit Kat upgrade. We all should start some grudge with HTC like on akrosha or something.

We should give HTC at least some jolt to prove that we paid good amount for this handset & we are not even treated as premium customers. It's high time now.

Regards,

• Like 1

Nitin Bhai...

It's high time, I am too facing this problem of sms now with gsm after kit Kat upgrade. We all should start some grudge with HTC like on akrosha or something.

We should give HTC at least some jolt to prove that we paid good amount for this handset & we are not even treated as premium customers. It's high time now.

Regards,

HTC guys themselves are at seas wrt this sms issue. They told me few people from mumbai have reported this issue and they took a log of my handset also with cdma sim. If they return my handset with 4.2.2 i will keep it else i will be forced to ask for refund/sell it.