Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ni0987

Best Network Coverage in Mumbai, Goa & Matheran

Hi,

My sister will be visiting Mumbai, Goa & Matheran during a trip. I need to know about the best cellular provider(s) in these areas.

Please suggest the following:

1. Best signal coverage in Mumbai, Goa or Matheran among CDMA providers.
  2. Best signal coverage in Mumbai, Goa or Matheran among GSM providers.
  3. Comparison of operators in above two categaries.

Thank you !

• Like 2

I think Vodafone is good in Matheran. But when I visited there few years ago, all network had dark patches. In Mumbai, Vodafone GSM and RCDMA are the best.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

^^ Thank you for your advice.

I will appreciate other views too.

In Goa if u are in South Goa then Reliance CDMA hardly has range.

Vodafone works great.

• Like 1

Vodafone and Reliance CDMA is what i suggest for mumbai and matheran.Never had a trip to goa.:(

Only difference btwn the two operator is voice clarity of cdma is slightly better than vodafone.

• Like 1

Rcdma have too many black spots in matheran... I wont suggest.. I feel if you get vodafone from out of Maharashtra, then you can use in roaming n use any available network from vodafone idea or airtel...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Vodafone and Reliance CDMA is what i suggest for mumbai and matheran.

I feel if you get vodafone ...

yes, she will be on roaming.

thank you friends for you valuable information..

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

In Goa Idea has the best network.

• Like 1

Hi,

My sister will be visiting Mumbai, Goa & Matheran during a trip. I need to know about the best cellular provider(s) in these areas.

Please suggest the following:

1. Best signal coverage in Mumbai, Goa or Matheran among CDMA providers.
  2. Best signal coverage in Mumbai, Goa or Matheran among GSM providers.
  3. Comparison of operators in above two categaries.

Thank you !

In Goa, there is pretty good coverage of CDMA (as far as tourist areas are concerned). Personally I have not checked it, but my wife visited few months ago & never complained about coverage. But, it was a visit as a tourist, so all major areas / routes only may have been come across.

Mumbai, I don't know, but being a Metro, sure they would have taken care of that.

Matheran, never been there so don't know, but out of few hill stations, I have visited like shimla, coorg, lonavala, I have found their network pretty reasonable coverage.

In fact, during my last visit to Coorg in Apr 2013, I specifically, borrowed one Ided sim & a GSM phone in case of CDMA betrays us. Eventually CDMA only helped us all the time, even in coffee plantations little faraway from Coorg main areas. Idea phone was not working all the time, in between when it got some signal, it used to d/l all stupid sms for internet activation etc etc. Also, deducted some 30+ rs for activation of some caller tune, which was not asked for, but got activated by some calls from their system.

So, I think CDMA should be a good choice. For Network coverage you can visit Reliance Website, where they have given tower locations on Google Maps. So, you can check your places & see if tower is available or not. I don't know how much reliable & updated this data is !!

But, in Relinace CDMA / GSM you can activate free Roaming by some recharges like 180 Rs / 6 months etc (also, available for 1 day , 1 months & like that) So, apart from good coverage, you can expect good savings also.

PS : If possible, she should travel with at least 2 network SIM (whatever cdma or gsm). And if you want to have 'contact available' all the time, then

call divert facility can be used. phone 1 should divert call to phone 2 when not reachable & vice versa. This will ensure, that whenever others call her, "out of coverage area" chances will be low..Carrying 2 phone is only a little issue to tackle, but if looking for a phone also, then HTC inc2 will be the best choice. Dual Network (but only one active at a time, so call divert may not yield result all the time)

Hope, this helps..

Edited by silent_god
  • Like 1

So, I think CDMA should be a good choice. For Network coverage you can visit Reliance Website, where they have given tower locations on Google Maps. So, you can check your places & see if tower is available or not. I don't know how much reliable & updated this data is !!

-----------------------

PS : If possible, she should travel with at least 2 network SIM (whatever cdma or gsm). And if you want to have 'contact available' all the time, then

call divert facility can be used...

Thanks a lot for the advices.

Yes, I plan for her to carry two different connections.

But this call diversion thing was not in my mind.

From all the above discussion, I will suggest her RCDMA and Vodafone.

Again, thanks to all friends for their valuable advices.

I have both vodaphone and reliance cdma.., both are best for mumbai, mah, goa... Both do have blackspots... but my personal choice is reliance cdmaa Reason, no roaming all over mah n goa.. Vodaphone **** in that.. after kalyan it will be roaming for mumbai card..

Data rocks in rel if evdo activation it works fab even though you are in kalyan site..

• Like 1

RCDMA doesnt work in Matheran once u leave railway station. this is from personal experience. it was blessing in disguise as no network for me in holidays

• Like 1

Dont know whether my comment is relevant. I wish to speak about Reliance CDMA network in konkan (Mumbai-Goa highway). In January this year, I drove from Ganpatipule to Mumbai and had a really bad experience about RCDMA. The network was barely available at Ganpatipule (i stayed at Bhandarpule) and next came a big shock. I went to three places enroute. Diveagar, Shrivardhan and Harihareshwar, and the CDMA network was zero at all these places.

I was there for two days and initially assumed that something was wrong with my handset. But then I asked mobilephone vendors in the region and found none of them selling RCDMA connections. The network is shut in this region, they said.

I can understand a company not maintaining a network in one village, but these places (Divegagar, Harihareshwar, Shrivardhan) have huge tourists footfall and no company can ignore its network here. RCDMA does. This was one reason why I ported back to Idea a few months later. Pathetic experience.

Otherwise, RCDMA and RGSM networks are fantastic in Mumbai.

• Like 1