Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
volstagg

LG Optimus E970

I'm starting this thread to discuss about LG optimus e970. Got one recently and I have to say it is an awesome phone. But even though jelly bean update is available for it., I'm unable to update it. It says update failed due to authentication error. Does anyone know a way to update it?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I have faced similar issue with S3 , Please follow the below steps it will help you to update

1. Take backup of all content
2. Reset the mobile
3. Add your google account when starting up for the first time after reset
4. Try the OTA Update now

• Like 1

I am also currently using the same as my primary phone.. I am on the 4.1.2 right now. This is the latest version right ?

Anyways I did got to it by flashing a stock deodexed rom. I never had a good experience with the OTAs.

Hi guys ...I am on Andorid Jelly Bean(4.1.2), currently running LIfeless 14 ROM on my LGOG.

I am facing issue with charging...The device getting heated up and not charging wen trying to charge after fully drained ..

Any one facing the issue ..

And jst think Camera is below expected (read smewhere dat its using algoriths of its *MP counterpart )

and any light on hotspot ..not able to do it ...

Guys,I'm having trouble connecting my e970 as a mtp device to transfer files from the computer. Everytime I connect it,windows says driver installation failed. Can someone provide a solution? Are there any drivers that I need to install? Checked the manual that came with the phone and followers the steps but still it says driver not installed. Any help would be much appreciated.

^^^

you are on which PC OS ?

Guys,I'm having trouble connecting my e970 as a mtp device to transfer files from the computer. Everytime I connect it,windows says driver installation failed. Can someone provide a solution? Are there any drivers that I need to install? Checked the manual that came with the phone and followers the steps but still it says driver not installed. Any help would be much appreciated.

When u connect with PC and choose MTP a window pops up on the phone showing progress to get some drivers... There is a skip command at the bottom of that window, just click on it. The phone will still be connected using MTP and work with no issues.. I could never figure out what kind of drivers it needs but I am sure u dont need to download it.

Hope this help !!!

EDIT : On looking more closely I have realised I have misinterpreted ur problem. Do u have LG drivers to install. I can provide u the ones I have installed in my win7 64bit machine.

Edited by dev997

When u connect with PC and choose MTP a window pops up on the phone showing progress to get some drivers... There is a skip command at the bottom of that window, just click on it. The phone will still be connected using MTP and work with no issues.. I could never figure out what kind of drivers it needs but I am sure u dont need to download it.

Hope this help !!!

EDIT : On looking more closely I have realised I have misinterpreted ur problem. Do u have LG drivers to install. I can provide u the ones I have installed in my win7 64bit machine.

Yes,I have downloaded LG drivers for e970 from their website. However,if you have drivers for Windows 7 x64,I would love to try it with that.

@dev997 : installed drivers from link you provided. followed instructions and it worked pefectly the first time. but then when you disconnect the phone and then try to connect after sometime it doesn't connect at all. and in device manager it says device cant' start. dont know what the problem is.

hi...i have a rooted lg optimus g. installed freegee from the play store and installed twrp...while taking backup phone switched off suddenly and wont boot back up again. tried installing teenybin and alt bin. alt bin installs recovery.but when i do boot into recovery,selecting recovery option just gives me a google screen and phone switches off again. any help would be massively appreciated

hi...i have a rooted lg optimus g. installed freegee from the play store and installed twrp...while taking backup phone switched off suddenly and wont boot back up again. tried installing teenybin and alt bin. alt bin installs recovery.but when i do boot into recovery,selecting recovery option just gives me a google screen and phone switches off again. any help would be massively appreciated

If teenybin not helping then use lgnpst to flash the full OS

so in lgnpst i have to select the DLL file of stock rom and just flash it right? no other bin file required

Lg j tag

Here Are The Details :

Mobiles And More,Shop No. 4,Matru Prerna Housing Society,Hingwala Lane,Near Popular Hotel,Ghatkopar(East),Mumbai-400 077

Contact No.9867058682

He Takes Rs.1800/- For JTag Repair,Cheaper Than mobiletechvideos.com (They Cost Rs.3500/-)

Shop Is Reliable.He Has Repaired My Device.But Do Check It Thoroughly After The Repair.You Can Tell Him,Venkatesh Has Given Me The Address.

Regards,

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

but Parin dada. It's only a soft brick as on powering on there is Google symbol showing and not hard brick. Can be easily revived by lgnpst. No?

Lg j tag

Here Are The Details :

Mobiles And More,Shop No. 4,Matru Prerna Housing Society,Hingwala Lane,Near Popular Hotel,Ghatkopar(East),Mumbai-400 077

Contact No.9867058682

He Takes Rs.1800/- For JTag Repair,Cheaper Than mobiletechvideos.com (They Cost Rs.3500/-)

Shop Is Reliable.He Has Repaired My Device.But Do Check It Thoroughly After The Repair.You Can Tell Him,Venkatesh Has Given Me The Address.

Regards,

I offer the same JTAG service for 1500rs shipped back to the customer without need to travel anywhere. The above is case is surely a soft brick, try to use other teeny bins and see results, you would only require JTAG if your phone doesn't boot at all.

Lg j tag

Here Are The Details :

Contact No.9867058682

Regards,

I offer the same JTAG service for 1500rs shipped back to the customer without need to travel anywhere. The above is case is surely a soft brick, try to use other teeny bins and see results, you would only require JTAG if your phone doesn't boot at all.

i have two teenbins..one named teeny bin and another alt bin...in the instructions it says phone will reboot at 67%..but even after using multiple times it does not reboot.

Also make sure u are using the correct alt bin or teeny bin. With me what happened was that I was trying to revive LG optimus ls970 cdma version and was using teenybin of the gsm version E970

can we use cover and screen guard of lg e975 on lg e970??

thanks @sadanand ji

my another question is i am unable to find the network option where i can manually select 2g or 3g network.

acutely in my area 3g network is too weak so mobile automatically switching to 2g network and thats very annoying.

Edited by cooladitya007

No, I am using it for RCDMA & I don't find any such network switching option.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I hardbricked my LG e970 while trying to partition my sd card.

Anyone knows a good JTAG service provider in NCR ? I have heard of Kanishk but can't PM him.

Thanks

While trying to unlock my bootloader, I soft bricked my phone. Tried teenybin altbin etc etc didn't work. Finally sent my phone to Kanishk... He repaired it instantly and sent it back. Quick and reliable work from. Kanishk. Would whole heartedly recommend him to others.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

does anyone know if LG E970 supports USB OTG? a lot of manufacturers have come up with it and i am really interested in buying one as i'm constantly downloading stuff and transferring them on to my phone to watch.