Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sandeep07

Mobile and Data MDN that can be registered in one name (ID) in india

hello dear friends,

as per trai directive the maximum number of mobile or data mdn (sim) that can be registered in one name i mean person's id is Nine. now the telecom operators in india are refusing to issue the 10th mdn if you have already nine issued in ur id. but the trai or indian mobile operators are not providing any link to check that how many sim's(mdn) are already issued in particular id and how to deactivate the unused mdn registered in ur name.

here it may be noted that their may be some mdn which you dont know but have been issued in ur name and used by some other person whom you don't know. this happen's when you handover ur id to any recharge shop or any agent and they take multiple xerox of the same and they attach the same with any photo and electric bill and they sell pre-activated mdn inthe market. so be careful and dont give even xerox of ur id to any agent or recharge shop.

can anyone in this forum light some more points regarding the same topic. pl share ur experiences about the same.

It is always advisable to cross the xerox copies and write the purpose clearly like "xxxxxxxx (address proof / id proof) given for verification of MDN (xxxxxxxxxx). Make sure that some of the part of handwritten content overlaps the scanned image (leaving less chances of getting it re-copied and reusing it).

BTW: Is it Maximum 9 connections / ID (person) / Operator or Maximum 9 connection / ID (person) / ALL Operators. Is WLL included in that ?

I seriously doubt that there is any check & audit mechanism in place available with telcos, wherein they can check the allotted no. of connection to unique name / id. It can be done for individual operator, but not collectively.

• Like 2

Ya it is maximum nine connection per person`s Id including all the operators but not sure about the land line & wll is included in it or not.

There must be some provision at least we should know which connections are active on own name

• Like 1

i think there is no checking mechanism for maximum connections is in process along with telcos. Maybe taking more than 9 connection is not possible with one provider. but certainly it is possible with multiple telcos using same id proof. i'm sure i'm having more than 9 active connections i got from multiple telcos using same id proof

I dont think there is any mechanism to check if an individual has nine or more connections even with one single operator leave alone multiple operators.

If that rule exists, I will be the first person to face service outage across so many of my RCOM connections. AFAIK, I have almost 22 connections in my name across CDMA, FWP, GSM, data cards etc. All are in my own name. They are across my family members, my office staff and for my own use as well.

There is no way to deactivate the excess connections AFAIK. Most of the connections are prepaid and cannot be terminated. Many of these are not recharged as well for more than 2 years almost. The WWs will not accept any termination request for prepaids at all. I would be more than happy if RCOM can deactivate the excess connections. Any one here can suggest how to deactivate prepaids?

^^^

in my case, if i dont recharge or use it for 6 month, number get de-activated..

rcdma / idea both same... dont know about other providers.

the MDN only gets de-activated, if not adhering Rs. 200 Recharge condition, in six month, but not terminated.. :(

It got terminated and made available for new users,

same happen to my one r-cdma prepaid number due to non recharge, and got same number after 1.5yr on different name.

And one idea number is now used by some one I dont know, again on postpaid.

Edited by ::Hitesh::

If you want new no. for now and if you already have more than nine no registered in your id than I think getting a new mdn registered on same id I'd not possible.

one of my friend approached to take new mdn from uninor they issued the sim but not activated the mdn and after 3 days they informed that new mdn cannot be activated because you have already more than nine mdn activated on ur id. when he asked for which mdn are activated on his id then uninor refused to provide the information saying that it cannot be leaked. this is strange thing is that my friend was using only one mdn on his id and if he is asking for mdn which are activated on his id then why uninor is not providing the same. when he visited police station for filing FIR the police station officer said that without knowing the mdn we can't file FIR. they said you first retrieve the mdn from any of the cellular operators than file the FIR.