Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Reliance CDMA EVDO Activation Via SMS

Activated EVDO on two handsets by sending sms.... thanks parin ji..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Call on 198 and request them to deactivate EVDO. That's d only solution. U may receive one confirmation call. Agreeing upon which they will immediately deactivate it. Then after some time u send activation msg again. Hope this should work for u..

i called 198 for deactivation of evdo from my omh sim four times but the cc guy said that the same can be deactivated from handset setting they don't take request for deactivation of evdo. evdo deactivation is still too much problem till these cc guys are not enough educated to do the same for customers.

EVDo de-activation seems to be a big problem these days. Now a days many times, MDN transfer is done without EVDO de-activation. And in this case EVDO doesn't works on new RSN/OMH sim unless it is de-activated and reactivated again.

• Like 1

EVDo de-activation seems to be a big problem these days. Now a days many times, MDN transfer is done without EVDO de-activation. And in this case EVDO doesn't works on new RSN/OMH sim unless it is de-activated and reactivated again.

I am facing same problem on my note2.evdo is not working.

I am also facing the same problem...

@Vahid: were you able to resolve the issue? If yes, please share the experience.

@Vahid: were you able to resolve the issue? If yes, please share the experience.

not yet!nd not tried since last 15 days,have a no time bcoze of exam .let you know wn i will solve it.

And if old handset is sold and used for data original mdn pays double data cost. I am facing this problem since two months.

Sent the sms and got reply that cannnot activate evdo as its already active..

Finally have to get an SR raised for evdo activation..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sent the sms and got reply that cannnot activate evdo as its already active..

Finally have to get an SR raised for evdo activation..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Biggest issue is getting the RW people to raise a service request! In my case i have visited 2 different RW stores in past 3 days and its the same story everywhere - they are either too ignorant or not knowledgable about EVDO activation...

Hi punit ji@

Finally I got evdo activation on my note2.

First I deactivated evdo on my number after the 2 days of deactivation , I request SR to head quarter BOMBAY by mail and activate It again.

And also programed again my note2 with prl and nv file.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by vahidmomin
  • Like 1

Wow Reliance standard is definitely improving. I just received the sms which is of course old news here.

" Activate EVDO services on your CDMA EVDO Mobile by simply sending a SMS HSD to 55333 and enjoy High Speed Data in 48 hrs.RCOM "

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I too got the sms.. But here in Mumbai i see the network is very much low . I am not getting single network in my office now :(

Me to got sms .

Hi Gurus

I moved from a Programmed note 2 Sprint to OMH based Verizon Note 2. Now Internet is not working on this Phone

Can anyone pls guide me on this

Hi Rohit ji@ i think internet will not work on normal reliance sim on verizon note2.

tata and mts will work with a normal sim on vz note2.for data in Reliance you have to take special sim .

Edited by vahidmomin
  • Like 1

Vahid bhai, wheres this special SIM available

pmed you.

• Like 1

I would suggest u to contact hetalji

U just tell hin ur requirement and he will do the needful

tapped from DNA

• Like 1

Well for Another Phone, I was trying the deactivation and reactivation. I was troubling Amitouray and Dr Josh as I was doing it for Us Cellular S3 and they were superhelpful.

Thanks to Dr Josh I was able to get the deactivation done and I got the SMS too. But during the talk with CC on Rcom Chat, this transpired

I m just posting it for you guys to enjoy......
:bash: :ranting:
You are now chatting with Fatima1
(10:40) Amit: Hi Fatima
(10:40) Fatima1: Good Morning !Amit ,Kindly confirm your number is 9356XXXXXX, is it correct?
(10:40) Amit: Yes
(10:40) Fatima1: How may I assist you?
(10:41) Amit: I have changed my phone and the SIM is now showing 1X Data
(10:41) Fatima1: Okay.
(10:41) Amit: EVDO request states that the service is already actice
(10:41) Amit: I need to deactivate EVDO from my Number please
(10:41) Fatima1: May I know which handset you are using?
(10:42) Amit: Now I using HTC Desire 600c
(10:42) Fatima1: Okay.
(10:42) Fatima1: As checked with the details you are having MobileNet123_1GB_0.3P data pack.
(10:42) Amit: yes, but EVDO Deactivation needs to happen so that I can use EVDO
(10:43) Amit: after activating it again
(10:43) Fatima1: EVDO is nothing but is Evolution data optimized is the 3G equivalent of GSM 3G.
(10:43) Amit: yeah
(10:43) Amit: I know that
(10:43) Fatima1: EVDO ia an handset.
(10:43) Fatima1: **EVDO is an handset.
(10:43) Amit: Madam, please dseactivate 3G services from my number
(10:44) Fatima1: 3G is not active on your number as this is CDMA services.
(10:44) Amit: **
Deactivate
(10:44) Fatima1: 3G is only for GSM.
(10:44) Amit: Madam please refresh EVDO service on my number
(10:45) Fatima1: EVDO can offers speeds up to 3.1 Mbps.
(10:45) Fatima1: There is no need for refreshing the services.
(10:45) Fatima1: Your handset supports EVDO services.

(10:45) Amit: I know , thats why , pls check with your supervisor and deactivate the same ple

(10:45) Fatima1: This is the handset feature.
(10:46) Fatima1: We cannot deactivate the same.
(10:46) Fatima1: Your handset is EVDO enabled.
Edited by rohitgaur
  • Like 3

Very funny Rohit :) we are everytime facing with these type of fools.

Plz try again. Not every body is a dumb or try with the SMS.

Best of luck… !!!

• Like 1

hello dear rimwebians,

latest update for deactivation of evdo from old meid / rsn and re-activation of same on new meid / rsn just call reliance

secretariat officer by just dialing 18602002011. they will definitely take the request for the same and provide you with interaction id

because by calling on 198 or *333 cc executive are not taking the request. so just try it and post ur experience.

I have also done EVDO activation on my EVO4G. But there seems to be no difference in the speed. I mean the connection to a particular app takes the usual previous time only. Is this normal?

Hi I m unable to activate evdo on my Samsung galaxy s4 of us cellular (sch r970) through sms..the return feefback frm the reliance is u r not a valid user... now what to do..on this case

Hi I m unable to activate evdo on my Samsung galaxy s4 of us cellular (sch r970) through sms..the return feefback frm the reliance is u r not a valid user... now what to do..on this case

Try to do OTA by dialing *228, after that try to send the SMS, I've had same problem (You are not a valid user) and after dailing *228 again I sent the message and I got a message that the request has been accepted and with in few minutes I got another message that the EVDO is activated on my number.

In USC s4 *228 might failed.

Need to use other methods for getting evdo

Sent from my HERO200